AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Clannad (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Character discussion - Kyou (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=56626)

Shana 2008-02-27 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX (Post 1427502)
Spoiler for game route answer, and I haven't even played the game yet:

Spoiler for More of me, sigh you:

DJ_RockmanX 2008-02-27 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shana (Post 1427567)

Well now we're getting into an opinion thing, and I'm not gonna participate in that battle.

Spoiler for Just so you know about the game route endings, which I have not played:

Rembr 2008-02-27 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shana (Post 1427567)

Tomoya told Kyou he was single, what's she to think?

Also despite her feelings she didn't take an initiative to back down on her promise to her sister.

Don't really see anything wrong with her yet.

Shana 2008-02-27 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rembr (Post 1427751)
Tomoya told Kyou he was single, what's she to think?

Also despite her feelings she didn't take an initiative to back down on her promise to her sister.

Don't really see anything wrong with her yet.

He told her he was single, not that they'll hang out and she's going to take away every girl tries to talk to him.

And, I'm NOT saying that she's trying to back down the promise she did to Ryou, I'm saying that it seems like if she's using Ryou as a truck to be with Tomoya.

Rembr 2008-02-27 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shana (Post 1427758)
He told her he was single, not that they'll hang out and she's going to take away every girl tries to talk to him.

Huh, he told her he was single. Which meant he was fair game as far as romantic advances go.

Quote:

And, I'm NOT saying that she's trying to back down the promise she did to Ryou, I'm saying that it seems like if she's using Ryou as a truck to be with Tomoya.
That was the whole conundrum with the Fujibayashi sisters no? It's not really as simple as who was in the wrong, it was a pretty much a lose-lose situation for them. Fortunately in the end both their feelings were honored by each other.

tripperazn 2008-02-27 23:07

Quote:

"All's fair in love and war." I personally can't fault her for actively trying, and it's not like she has a conspiracy going. Hanging out and trying to monopolize the guy you like is considered bad?

You can't criticize Kyou like that without criticizing Ryou in the same way, I'll just leave it as that. Play Kyou's route and you'll know what I mean.

Ice Block 2008-02-28 05:35

Quote:

Kyou prioritizes her imouto over anything else (roughly), and that includes herself and Tomoya.

Spoiler for detailed and lengthy spoilers on Kyou's route:

:topicoff: Lol, now I'm hoping for a third season featuring Misae's, Yukine's, Sunohara's, Kyou's and Kappei's routes, and a fourth one on Tomoyo After, with the first few eps being the latter part of Tomoyo's route in Clannad.

Used Can 2008-03-06 16:34

Kyou did prioritise her sister's feelings but, at the same time, she was also using her to be close (not as in lovers, just close as friends/family) to Tomoya, due to her own insecurities. Kyou said that much herself. Ryou knew that much from the very beginning and didn't say a thing, though.

Anyway, as for Kyou's reaction in Chpt.18 (when she got angry after watching Tomoya being happy with Nagisa), anyone who has played Kotomi's route will know that was completely out of character. Kyou would never have behaved like that.

isteb-isteb 2008-03-07 15:30

was watching lucky star again, then i saw ep 10 and in there Konata was calling Kagami "Kyo-Chan"

not only are kagami and kyou like clones of each other, and now their names can be read the same way too? ataya no?

Rembr 2008-03-07 16:04

Hiiragi and Fujibayashi do have an uncanny resemblence but the similarities are coincidental... unless Yoshimizu really liked Clannad.

And Kagami's name does not mean the same thing as Kyou's, although they can be read the same way.

Joachim 2008-03-08 00:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rembr (Post 1446260)
Hiiragi and Fujibayashi do have an uncanny resemblence but the similarities are coincidental... unless Yoshimizu really liked Clannad.

And Kagami's name does not mean the same thing as Kyou's, although they can be read the same way.

let see:
- the younger sister got short hair while the older sister got long hair check!
- The younger sister is more.. well quiet, can't really do house work(cooking), while the older sister can cook well (guess what, kyou is excellent cook, while ryou is kinda lame)
- The younger sister is moe inducing, while the older sister.. well what is kyou again? :heh:
- They are twins :heh:

and yea while watching lucky star, i keep on getting the vibe of fujibayashi sister when watching hiiragi sister,but i don't know which come first, the fujibayashi sister concept or hiiragi sister, not that big deal though

dgreater1 2008-03-08 06:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Used Can (Post 1444034)
Kyou did prioritise her sister's feelings but, at the same time, she was also using her to be close (not as in lovers, just close as friends/family) to Tomoya, due to her own insecurities. Kyou said that much herself. Ryou knew that much from the very beginning and didn't say a thing, though.

Anyway, as for Kyou's reaction in Chpt.18 (when she got angry after watching Tomoya being happy with Nagisa), anyone who has played Kotomi's route will know that was completely out of character. Kyou would never have behaved like that.

Actually, I didn't find it out of character. She's jealous about Nagisa, but she's not jealous about Kotomi, the reason is Kotomi has a different charm than Nagisa that makes them love her. Remember how Kyou described her as someone who tickles their maternal instincts? I believe someone someone who feels like that towards Kotomi can't be jealous of her. But anyway, what I believe is it didn't really occur to Kyou's mind that her plan to get Ryou x Tomoya will change to using Ryou to have Kyou x Tomoya :heh:

Klashikari 2008-03-08 06:37

The other point is that Kotomi hardly has a "love potential" approach in comparison with Nagisa. Kotomi was more clingy in term of "need assistance" than really a love rival despite kyou mentioned.

The other stark difference is that kyou was proactive and trying to match Ryou during the anime, which did not happen in Kotomi's route. the difference is big enough to leave such different reaction and regret (i can't exactly see that as anger).
I don't see that OOC, especially that her "breakdown" is more like what happened with Ryou, not Nagisa. She wasn't devastated that nagisa won, but how Ryou figured out her true feelings.
This is adapted conjoncture of the fujibayashi twins route, it is perfectly fitting Kyou.

isteb-isteb 2008-03-08 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joachim (Post 1447211)
let see:
- The younger sister is more.. well quiet, can't really do house work(cooking), while the older sister can cook well (guess what, kyou is excellent cook, while ryou is kinda lame)
- The younger sister is moe inducing, while the older sister.. well what is kyou again? :heh:

in L*S though, It's ryou er... tsukasa who can cook while kagami can make pots explode. (according to konata, at least)

is the word you're looking for... dare i say it? "tsundere"? i don't know why so many fans make a huge fuss over this description of kyou. or is it the term itself they're fussing about?

Rembr 2008-03-08 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Used Can (Post 1444034)

Game and anime are supposed to be independent entities, although one is based off the other. That doesn't make them a complete clone.

By the way, how is the movie? Are those people 'in character' compared to the game?

Klashikari 2008-03-08 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rembr (Post 1448603)
By the way, how is the movie? Are those people 'in character' compared to the game?

Not. even. close.
For that matter, please rather check the CLANNAD the movie thread instead.

germanturkey 2008-03-08 17:16

*sigh* i'm sad she lost. oh well, i'll play her arc in the game in the coming week. anyways, am i the only one who's offended by the criminal lack of Kyou in the last two eps?

kyoulover 2008-03-09 00:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by germanturkey (Post 1448796)
*sigh* i'm sad she lost. oh well, i'll play her arc in the game in the coming week. anyways, am i the only one who's offended by the criminal lack of Kyou in the last two eps?

Don't worry...

of course i...as the one who now is really love kyou also offended with the lack of kyou in this recent episode...

although now i think i can accept this condition where she lost to nagisa though...

but still...i'll still love kyou the most.

Used Can 2008-03-09 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgreater1 (Post 1447628)
She's jealous about Nagisa, but she's not jealous about Kotomi, the reason is Kotomi has a different charm than Nagisa that makes them love her.

Kyou had grown to like Nagisa (in the game, and in the anime) as well. In Kotomi's route, she and Tomoya treated the three girls (Kotomi, Nagisa, and Ryou) pretty much the same. Also, Nagisa has that kind of childish charm which makes you like her (as in cute, sort-of-stubborn, and naive - not precisely in the same way as Kotomi, though) too.

My main point was that in Kotomi's route, it was made clear that she cared for Tomoya's feelings before hers. When she realised he probably liked Kotomi, all she did was to tell him Kotomi most likely liked him, ask him if he liked her, somewhat encourage him and then sort of tell him Ryou liked him too (although it was obvious Tomoya didn't feel anything for her). Then, a bit later - when it was clear Tomoya liked Kotomi - Kyou helped those two to be together.

The only time Kyou got jealous of someone was Tomoyo, and in her case, Kyou wasn't her friend, and didn't even like her. Yes, she went as far as to slap Tomoyo but, once Tomoyo and Tomoya talked to her, she understood, and even became Tomoyo's friend. In the anime, Kyou was already supposed to be good friends with Nagisa. Having her get angry at him for "being with Nagisa and not with Ryou" (even when she realised he was happy with Nagisa) was OOC, in my opinion.

We only saw her unable to control her feelings when she knew Tomoya liked her back (as in, Tomoya making it obvious he liked her). That never happened in the anime; the scene in the storage room didn't make up for that, since it was made clear it was a misunderstanding (both, in the game and the anime). This is why I think having her cry wasn't up to her character.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 1447644)
The other stark difference is that kyou was proactive and trying to match Ryou during the anime, which did not happen in Kotomi's route. the difference is big enough to leave such different reaction and regret (i can't exactly see that as anger).

Yes but, as I already mentioned, what made Kyou unstable (in her route) was Tomoya's feelings toward her. Tomoya didn't like her (in the romantic sense) in the anime, and didn't do anything to make her believe he did. Also, even in her route, she was pushing Tomoya aside.

dgreater1 2008-03-09 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Used Can (Post 1451486)
My main point was that in Kotomi's route, it was made clear that she cared for Tomoya's feelings before hers. When she realised he probably liked Kotomi, all she did was to tell him Kotomi most likely liked him, ask him if he liked her, somewhat encourage him and then sort of tell him Ryou liked him too (although it was obvious Tomoya didn't feel anything for her).

That's not really what I see. Kyou realized that Kotomi likes him and was serious, and because it's Kotomi, she couldn't get jealous at all. She even said that despite Ryou knowing Kotomi is her love rival towards Tomoya, Ryou gladly accepted that Kotomi needs Tomoya more and gave up. Kyou didn't prioritized Tomoya's feeling but gave him to Kotomi, because she knew how much Kotomi treasures him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Used Can (Post 1451486)
Having her get angry at him for "being with Nagisa and not with Ryou" (even when she realised he was happy with Nagisa) was OOC, in my opinion.

Wait... she was angry? I didn't see her really angry, more like concerned jealousy because Nagisa and Tomoya were enjoying themselves together. Anyway, the crying part (devastated) was because she realized that Ryou knew about her feelings to Tomoya. That's why Ryou told her "Sorry" because she was using her despite she knew about Kyou's real feeling. Just imagine how it feels to know that your "get together" plan for your sister actually back fired at you. If you plan to get someone to love someone, you shouldn't be in love with that someone for it to truly work out.