AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Umineko (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Character discussion - Beatrice (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=85196)

Klashikari 2009-08-14 18:30

Character discussion - Beatrice

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Beatrice related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Umineko no Naku Koro ni fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode / chapter / game talk, there are other threads for that stuff.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.
  • Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
  • As the anime progresses, Please use spoiler tags!VN Spoilers are NOT allowed, except if they are used for comparison sake about events that have been already shown in the anime (or if the timing has been bypassed with no way to be disclosed later on).These must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN. Also please be sure to use spoiler tags for critical scenes from the Anime series with a proper title (like Episode X-Y) in order to not spoil people who didn't catch up the latest anime episodes yet.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...al/spoiler.gifJust highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...ons/report.gifClick the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Volcanic 2009-08-14 18:41

It's the villain! And she's french!

Beatrice is such a cool character. Not only is she mind-blowingly evil, she's also quite moe (more so in the games) and she's got a lot of mystery around her. Kyrie was right not to trust her right away, eh?

Also DEEN took her moe-fang *shot by TsundereCake*

Kitsu 2009-08-14 18:45

Quote:

And she's french!
Actually if she would be european she would be italian^^

TsundereCake 2009-08-14 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volcanic (Post 2582055)

Also DEEN took her moe-fang *shot by TsundereCake*

Fixed it for you =D

I claim leadership over this thread >: D

Volcanic 2009-08-14 19:07

Quote:

Actually if she would be european she would be italian^^
Actually it's a Higurashi parody fandub reference xD But you're right. Beato really does look Italian. 0_o

Quote:

I claim leadership over this thread >: D
You deserve it, you're the biggest Beato fan here I think. :heh:

I can't wait to hear from the anime-only viewers and see what they think of her so far.

Turtleen 2009-08-15 00:16

Beato's definitely my favourite by far xD; Complex personality and such.

From another forum, an anime-only viewer said "oh, Beatrice, you're so crafty" after episode 6 aired, that's about all the feedback I've had,

Saerianne 2009-08-15 00:37

Beatrice is just win.
I love her so much.
Can't wait to find out more once the rest of the VNs come out. <3333

Arbane the Terrible 2009-08-15 00:51

She's a lot of fun to watch from a safe distance.

Jan-Poo 2009-08-15 10:55

Well according to what Battler says in the novel, Beatrice really has blonde hairs. Supposedly she also has blue eyes. I mean the other characters have all those fancy colors but they are all supposed to have black hairs and eyes (except for the old people who have grey/white hairs).

But that apart there is no mention of Beatrice having european physiognomy.
In the novel (that part was cut in the ep7 of the anime) there is an hint that would make you think she has an italian background, because during that pic-nic at the sea she talks about some sweets she knows: "Dolce Vita of Nero" and "rose cake". The first is invented but it's obviously an italian name, the second really exists and it is known as "torta di rose" (google it).

The name "Beatrice" refers to the character from Dante's Divine Comedy. However almost all the characters in that book were persons that really existed and Beatrice makes no exception. Could this Beatrice be the same Beatrice Dante fell in love with? That would be an interesting development, but that Beatrice was supposed to be angelic and certainly not a witch XD.

Plus this Beatrice claims to be 1000 years old, while Dante's Beatrice would have around 700 years if she was still alive now. Unless she was one of Beatrice's many incarnations.

Turtleen 2009-08-15 12:29

Quote:

The name "Beatrice" refers to the character from Dante's Divine Comedy. However almost all the characters in that book were persons that really existed and Beatrice makes no exception. Could this Beatrice be the same Beatrice Dante fell in love with? That would be an interesting development, but that Beatrice was supposed to be angelic and certainly not a witch XD.
Well, if you look at it like Dante = Kinzo, they're pretty similar with their love of Beatrice, and show it pretty well the same too xD; Dante goes to hell, Kinzo is willing to be sent to hell. They both idealize Beatrice as 'the perfect woman' as well, to Kinzo she must seem angelic.

passuki 2009-08-17 11:09

Beato is very moe ^^
I love her very very much !

Aebliss 2009-08-17 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtleen (Post 2583470)
Well, if you look at it like Dante = Kinzo, they're pretty similar with their love of Beatrice, and show it pretty well the same too xD; Dante goes to hell, Kinzo is willing to be sent to hell. They both idealize Beatrice as 'the perfect woman' as well, to Kinzo she must seem angelic.

The difference being that Dante got out again, and his quest for his Beatrice lead him into Heaven at the end. I doubt the witch Beatrice will be leading anyone into Heaven anytime soon.

Shinguji 2009-08-17 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aebliss (Post 2587466)
The difference being that Dante got out again, and his quest for his Beatrice lead him into Heaven at the end. I doubt the witch Beatrice will be leading anyone into Heaven anytime soon.

How about the Golden Land equaling Heaven?

Jan-Poo 2009-08-17 17:42

Fro what we know about this "golden land" it could be very likely so, who knows. For now it is a place where everyone can be happy forever, a place of eternal happiness and serenity. You can call it Golden land, Heaven, Eden, Shangri-la, Paradise.

Velsy 2009-08-18 00:48

Well just having completed ep7

Yeah, shes evil!. Tho up til ep 5 I had thought of her as a clever Assassin rather than a Witch. I can also explain how those murders could of been accomplished without the use of magic just like Batler beleives.

But now that her card has came out from behind the curtain, be interesting to see what happens next. It's no doubt shes a witch, the anime shows this. But can Batler show her witchcraft isnt behind the deaths ?? Well lets see.

But interesting evil character ^_^

Aebliss 2009-08-18 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan-Poo (Post 2587948)
Fro what we know about this "golden land" it could be very likely so, who knows. For now it is a place where everyone can be happy forever, a place of eternal happiness and serenity. You can call it Golden land, Heaven, Eden, Shangri-la, Paradise.

*waggles hand* Then again, isn't it the Golden Land for Beatrice as well? And her idea of happiness seems to include other people's misery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velsy (Post 2588496)
Yeah, shes evil!. Tho up til ep 5 I had thought of her as a clever Assassin rather than a Witch. I can also explain how those murders could of been accomplished without the use of magic just like Batler beleives. But now that her card has came out from behind the curtain, be interesting to see what happens next. It's no doubt shes a witch, the anime shows this. But can Batler show her witchcraft isnt behind the deaths ?? Well lets see.

'No doubt'? Ohohoho. ^^ I can imagine several fictional detectives sharpening their blades at a statement like that. There are many ways of fooling the eye and the mind that may seem magical, but are anything but.

(For the record, I accept Beato's a witch, but the challenge before Battler is to prove that she isn't. And I'm really looking forward to seeing how he's going to do that.)

Arbane the Terrible 2009-09-06 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aebliss (Post 2589540)
(For the record, I accept Beato's a witch, but the challenge before Battler is to prove that she isn't. And I'm really looking forward to seeing how he's going to do that.)

Actually, the challenge seems to be for Battler to prove that all the murders could have been done without magic. Not quite the same thing. Still going to be very difficult.

MarthX 2009-09-06 21:33

Prove that the culprit isn't a witch using magic.

In other words, prove that the culprit isn't the witch Beatrice.

Arbane the Terrible 2009-09-07 02:12

Could he win by proving that piece-Beatrice _did_ commit the murders, but possibly by mundane means?

MarthX 2009-09-07 03:25

Yes, he could.