AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Amagami SS (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Amagami - Precious Diary (manga) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=92057)

Bonta Kun 2010-03-11 23:49

Amagami - Precious Diary (manga)

This is a manga series based on the Amagami love simulation game for the PS2.
Something I picked up a while ago when I saw 2nd chapter was released, so went to check it out and gotta say it surprises me alot.
Don't know anything about the game but this manga adaptation is really good IMO.
It's got real nice art to it and the character designs are lovely to look at.
I guess the characters are kinda typical but yet seem not to be at the same time, hard to say what it is about them I like so much.
The male lead is typical nice guy, does get embarrassed at times but he does know how to actually chat with girls, which comes as something rather refreshing.
Female lead is well kinda what expect really but she's adorably cute(b^.^)b

can't wait to seem more!

aliasxn 2010-03-12 00:12

I don't know, I'm getting some bad vibes from the chick... I think she is gonna turn real bitchy on him anytime soon.

sgwc 2010-03-12 09:11

Just like Kimikiss, this one will probably follows Kimikiss manga's way like one volume for one heroine. Amagami has 6 heroines. Gotta catch em all.

DragoZERO 2010-03-24 22:25

Chapter 6 was just released...

So far so good. I am finding this quite entertaining and look forward to the next chapter.

KLGChaos 2010-03-25 12:24

Hmmm... If it does follow different heroines with compleletely different stories and endings each time, I'll be disappointed. It's why I never got into Kimikiss.

DragoZERO 2010-03-25 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLGChaos (Post 2972580)
Hmmm... If it does follow different heroines with compleletely different stories and endings each time, I'll be disappointed. It's why I never got into Kimikiss.

I loved the KimiKiss manga. It told us what each route in the game was about, more or less. It makes up for what you normally lose when visual novel/dating sim games are adapted into the usual anime since you can only tell one story.

With this series I wouldn't mind, but I hope the entire story is hashed out, even if it takes more than one volume. But at the rate the story is progressing, I don't think it will follow the same girl per volume approach.

Wrath88 2010-03-25 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoZERO (Post 2972584)
I loved the KimiKiss manga. It told us what each route in the game was about, more or less. It makes up for what you normally lose when visual novel/dating sim games are adapted into the usual anime since you can only tell one story.

With this series I wouldn't mind, but I hope the entire story is hashed out, even if it takes more than one volume. But at the rate the story is progressing, I don't think it will follow the same girl per volume approach.

Same, the manga gave each girl their own route without any overlapping.

Perhaps they'll have more than 1 volume per girl?

Luminisk 2010-04-24 08:45

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nime-announced

Darknemo2000 2010-04-24 11:07

Yeah I liked Kimikiss manga but felt like it could have been much better if it actually had two volumes per heroine because some parts felt totally rushed.

ZODDGUTS 2010-04-24 11:41

Yeah wish Kimikiss manga story for each heroine was longer, I'm liking the pace of the Amagami manga here.

DragoZERO 2010-04-24 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminisk (Post 3018416)

That's awesome. And to do each girl's route too. Sweet.

And proper thread to discuss that: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=93298

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 (Post 3018582)
Yeah I liked Kimikiss manga but felt like it could have been much better if it actually had two volumes per heroine because some parts felt totally rushed.

It might have been better, but one volume per girl fits the bill and if you go on longer, the reader may get too attached, not being able to let go. I thought the manga was perfect.

Wrath88 2010-04-25 01:04

Okay, I'm asking for spoilers from anyone who knows the girls' stories in the game. Wikipedia has very little info on the girls unlike those from Kimikiss, and it's like an itch on my mind.

Darknemo2000 2010-04-25 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoZERO (Post 3019500)
It might have been better, but one volume per girl fits the bill and if you go on longer, the reader may get too attached, not being able to let go. I thought the manga was perfect.

I disagree - if you played the game you know how some points of the story were horribly flashed out or not flashed out and even as a stand alone some parts felt terrible rushing.

Two volumes per heroine would have been much better solution and the risk of some readers not letting it go is still worth compared to crammed and rushed story with half-baked characterization.

Bonta Kun 2010-04-25 15:26

I loved Kimikiss and I love this too but I also do think it would have been nicer and probably even better if we did get more to than just 1 vol. per lass, 2 would have been perfect I think.

I just wonder if my love for Eriko will influence my love for Tsukasa, for me i feel they have some things in common:D

ZODDGUTS 2010-05-27 18:49

Nice. It's good to see the relationship between the two progressing well, hell they made out like crazy in this recent chapter that she nosebleed. And here I thought that was just something she did in that one doujin based on her, must be her trait and she's completely turned on or something. :heh:

blade82 2010-05-28 05:34

it maybe the drool:confused: (my mysterious girlfriend)

DragoZERO 2010-05-28 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS (Post 3066963)
Nice. It's good to see the relationship between the two progressing well, hell they made out like crazy in this recent chapter that she nosebleed. And here I thought that was just something she did in that one doujin based on her, must be her trait and she's completely turned on or something. :heh:

You don't see girls get nosebleeds all that often. But I think each girl has a certain tick about them to cater to each type of guy out there and all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blade82 (Post 3067536)
it maybe the drool:confused: (my mysterious girlfriend)

I don't think so....

HayashiTakara 2010-05-28 10:13

The girl is so psychotic that it's hot :heh:

Although in real life I'd avoid girls like that like the plague :heh:

DragoZERO 2010-05-28 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by HayashiTakara (Post 3067775)
The girl is so psychotic that it's hot :heh:

Although in real life I'd avoid girls like that like the plague :heh:

Definitely avoid. That type of girl, and ones that want you meet their parents right away...run...run!

But this girl isn't a yandere or anything, she just has issues. One thing is for sure, if he breaks up with her, he'll have to move out of the province. :heh:

frubam 2010-05-28 10:38

Just read all the current trans chapters this morning. Some things I was actually surprised about, like Tachi being straightforward about certain things(he has the standard appearance of a character who gets pushed over (>.>) ), which certainly gives it an impression it was adapted from a love-sim. A girl that has psychological issues, that doesn't seem to be the result of some past trauma, is quite interesting, esp in seeing how Tachi will adapt. I'm looking forward to more.