AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Infinite Stratos (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Infinite Stratos - Technology Discussion (IS Cores, Frames, Weapons, etc) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=100978)

Klashikari 2011-01-17 08:16

Infinite Stratos - Technology Discussion (IS Cores, Frames, Weapons, etc)

The purpose of this thread is to discuss the technology of Infinite Stratos. Feel free to discuss about the IS (cores and power suits), weapons, and so forth.

Thread Guidelines
  • If required, please use spoiler tags (with appropriate titles) if your comments are based on the latest episode or raws (or any non-anime source).
    [spoiler=episode number]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
    Please include the episode number or some such title in the spoiler tag (spoiler=episode number) since it at least helps others to identify if they may or may not have seen that particualr episode. A spoiler without such a title is almost as bad as no spoiler since accidents do occur and it isn't rare for people to use spoiler tags in order to save space instead of hiding spoilers.
  • If you wish you can also discuss appropriate topics based on the Light Novel, but again it would be advisable to use spoiler tags if you do so.
    [spoiler=Light Novel, volume *]text[/spoiler]
  • Please keep discussion about plot and storylines in the relevant Episode Discussion threads, not here.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members and try and keep the discussion on topic and above all, enjoy.

hayate-sama 2011-01-18 07:37

hi first question
Spoiler for yukihira type 2:

lightsenshi 2011-01-21 21:46

Mmm....where can I get one? :D

Himeji 2011-01-21 23:11

Image for Yukihira Type II:
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/3...sep0225.th.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightsenshi (Post 3449929)
Mmm....where can I get one? :D

If you're a girl, at the IS academy. Otherwise, you chances are pretty much nil :p

lightsenshi 2011-01-21 23:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Himeji (Post 3450083)
If you're a girl, at the IS academy. Otherwise, you chances are pretty much nil :p

Just think of all the traffic jams that you'll no longer be in. :twitch:

Hooves 2011-01-21 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightsenshi (Post 3450106)
Just think of all the traffic jams that you'll no longer be in. :twitch:

Take home an IS that you cannot get to work, the line will defiantly be short in the male side :heh:

lightsenshi 2011-01-22 02:06

You've obviously never sat in traffic for three hours...

Tempester 2011-01-22 06:10

I found it amusing how we never got a good still shot of an IS power suit in the first episode. Everytime we saw one, it was constantly zooming across the screen, even in the OP. So much for promoting merchandise.

akei1 2011-01-22 13:49

The shoulder armaments on the ISs remind me of the floating mags from Phantasy Star Online games lol

http://www.pso-world.com/images/mags/new/bhirava.png

Blue-Ultimate 2011-01-22 20:08

Well since this is the Tech tread I thought I should repost this one

Quote:

Originally Posted by zephyr325 (Post 3428420)
Also, here is a refined version of background information and setting about IS that I originally posted at anime thread a while ago.
(also corrected several errors)

It might feels a little light compared to previous post, (and missing quite a lot of topics) since I kind of tried to keep the spoiler element to minimal level.

IS - Introduction
Spoiler for IS - Introduction:

Basic Understanding of IS
Spoiler for Basic Understanding of IS:

Detailed information about IS
Spoiler for Detailed information about IS:

IS Core
Spoiler for IS Core:

Personal IS & Designated Pilot
Spoiler for Personal IS & Designated Pilot:

Battle damage and repair
Spoiler for Battle damage and repair:

Equalizer
Spoiler for Equalizer:

Also I read in the summary's that there was a total of 20 Equalizers installed on one IS but only because it didn't have a basic weapons configuration.

theflyingturkey 2011-01-27 10:04

I find it kind of strange that it isn't a full-body armor even though it was developed for deep space exploration. Any explanation on this?

Of course most likely the design was for the cool factor. :heh:

asaqe 2011-01-27 12:38

Barriers provide environmental protection, unless it is direct (so being actively electrocuted or being cooked alive by fire will have the barrier trying to protect you, but once that shuts down, you are at the mercy of the attack)

theflyingturkey 2011-01-28 03:31

Quote:

Barriers provide environmental protection, unless it is direct (so being actively electrocuted or being cooked alive by fire will have the barrier trying to protect you, but once that shuts down, you are at the mercy of the attack)
Ah, I see.
But come to think of it, having a full body armor would allow them to equip extra generators. Hence, more energy reserves for the barriers.

MrTerrorist 2011-01-28 05:56

Spoiler for ep4:

theflyingturkey 2011-01-28 23:12

Spoiler for My guess:

Also to note, how do you guys think the IS dodges the projectiles?
Do they make calculations such as the interval between each shot, the line of sight and whatnot?
I find dodging them instinctively would unrealistic, especially dodging beam projectiles which would be moving at the speed of light.

Chaos2Frozen 2011-01-28 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by theflyingturkey (Post 3460859)
Spoiler for My guess:

Isn't it more likely that the drone's trying to listen in on their battle tactics instead :heh: ? Who knows? Maybe somebody actually does that for once.

Essa Maneira 2011-01-29 00:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue-Ultimate (Post 3451335)
Well since this is the Tech tread I thought I should repost this one

[after many spoilers.....]

Also I read in the summary's that there was a total of 20 Equalizers installed on one IS but only because it didn't have a basic weapons configuration.

woah, i reading it like an IS Manual :upset::upset::upset:
but thanks to this info, i'm really appreciated this.. :D

ronelm2000 2011-01-29 01:01

B-But why are IS manuals in the anime like an Encyclopedia? O.o

theflyingturkey 2011-01-29 03:32

Quote:

Isn't it more likely that the drone's trying to listen in on their battle tactics instead ? Who knows? Maybe somebody actually does that for once.
I think it would be more effective to shoot them while they're talking. :p

JamesEdwards 2011-01-29 07:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by theflyingturkey (Post 3460859)

Also to note, how do you guys think the IS dodges the projectiles?
Do they make calculations such as the interval between each shot, the line of sight and whatnot?
I find dodging them instinctively would unrealistic, especially dodging beam projectiles which would be moving at the speed of light.

Objection: Only lasers move at the speed of light. Particle beams, on the other hand, is a much muddier science.