AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Shana (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 15 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=109789)

Kairin 2012-01-20 03:00

Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 15 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Shakugan no Shana III, Episode 15.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Game8910 2012-01-20 13:26

Still no ED animation this episode, but oh man was this good.
Margery's comeback was glorious and we finally have our first named flame haze fall.

Proto 2012-01-20 14:19

Excellent episode. Full of drama and action and love and mystery and... well it might not have had love or mystery really, but it was good nevertheless.

syke123 2012-01-20 14:26

Going to give this a go later tonight, hope Mammon, Sale, and Chiara got some screentime.

tsunade666 2012-01-20 14:38

nothing much happen. They just retreat to the palace and the one who can summon stone structures is dead and I don't even know what happen to silent hill vs sydonay because it was cut off but his probably dead <.< average episode but good nonetheless.

ars89 2012-01-20 15:02

Samuel was badass till the end. Too bad one of the four gods died, but at least the other gods will support the flame hazes now. Best part was Margery's comeback! Like how they hid the palace right there below everything. Wonder what the plan is now though.

Key Board 2012-01-20 15:41

S3 is still going strong

too bad it's the worst selling Shana

alvinkhorfire 2012-01-20 16:01

^
@Key Board
Could you provide the direct link of the website, from which you knew that it is the worst selling Shana? It does not matter if it is in Japanese. Thank you for the link.

Senshigeia 2012-01-20 16:23

I don't know why it is the worse selling SnS... really, for me it's the best so far!

Well, I was expecting more Yuji x Shana but this episode was excellent the same! So, it looks like they are returning to Misaki city, I am so looking forward for the next episode...

And it's good to see they are covering up more Flame Hazes like Sale and Chiara. I'll miss Samuel and the God guy though, but it was necessary to keep the battle realistic. And may I comment how much better the animation is now!

Key Board 2012-01-20 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire (Post 3958919)
^
@Key Board
Could you provide the direct link of the website, from which you knew that it is the worst selling Shana? It does not matter if it is in Japanese. Thank you for the link.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=380999&show=0
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=390457

http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi...14/1293278942/
http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi...14/1295395600/

Previous Shana averaged at 4~5K
First season broke 10K

in comparison, this season is around 2K

In comparison Horizon is selling around 16K, Persona at 30K~, and Nisemonogatari will probably break 50K again

SkyFlames 2012-01-20 18:49

IMO this works as a lesson to J.C. They left a 3 years gap between season two and three, which made them lose a lot of followers. I'm not quite concerned by the sells since it's the last season and there is no need to worry about something like having no funds to make a new one.

The episode was fine, I believe that Shana will start dropping down and gathering energy to explote at some further clash from now on. So far they cutted off the battle with Mammon and the final stand of CenterHill. But well, they even cut off the opening to give more air to the events, so I guess it can't be help.

Still a nice episode, Sydonay now seems a lot more powerfull than at previos seasons.

Senshigeia 2012-01-20 19:16

!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyFlames (Post 3959121)
IMO this works as a lesson to J.C. They left a 3 years gap between season two and three, which made them lose a lot of followers. I'm not quite concerned by the sells since it's the last season and there is no need to worry about something like having no funds to make a new one.

The episode was fine, I believe that Shana will start dropping down and gathering energy to explote at some further clash from now on. So far they cutted off the battle with Mammon and the final stand of CenterHill. But well, they even cut off the opening to give more air to the events, so I guess it can't be help.

Still a nice episode, Sydonay now seems a lot more powerfull than at previos seasons.

I remember watching season 1 and 2 in a row and when I finished I went crazy for more! And there I was, almost 2 years waiting and waiting for more SnS...
I am fine with less action but please keep the great plot! I saw Pheles in the preview!!!

SoldierOfDarkness 2012-01-20 19:52

Ok can someone clarify with me why the 4 gods are concerned with Snake's plan?

So he stated that while Snake's plan will fix things up it doesn't stop the root of the problem which is in regards to the Crimson Denizens greed for PoE which may end up messing the balance again? And now that they have 3 worlds the damage could be multiplied?

Did I read this correctly?

In other words, regardless of how things work out the Flame Hazes may still be needed in the new world to maintain control.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senshigeia (Post 3958947)
And it's good to see they are covering up more Flame Hazes like Sale and Chiara. I'll miss Samuel and the God guy though, but it was necessary to keep the battle realistic. And may I comment how much better the animation is now!

Quote:

I dunno.

It's just ridiculous that here you have 3-4 of the strongest flame hazes fighting against Sydoney and they can't even scratch him. Hell the guy wasn't even sweating during the fight.

I mean given the previous fight that Sabracc easily held off 3 powerful flame hazes himself without breaking a sweat, why the hell has Snake not just send them all to wipe out the Flame Hazes in a fight? They have the numbers and 1 of his generals can easily match not just half a dozen of the strongest flame hazes but easily dispatch one of the 4 Gods of Earth.

Throughout the whole series we've met with powerful flame hazes but none of them could ever match any of the trinity or guys like Sabracc in a one on one or even 3 on one fight.

It's a miracle the flame hazes have even survived this far to begin with.

Mad_Scientist 2012-01-20 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness (Post 3959205)

So he stated that while Snake's plan will fix things up it doesn't stop the root of the problem which is in regards to the Crimson Denizens greed for PoE which may end up messing the balance again? And now that they have 3 worlds the damage could be multiplied?

In other words, regardless of how things work out the Flame Hazes may still be needed in the new world to maintain control.

I don't think it's quite that. Afterall, that would be a reason for Flame Hazes to still exist, but not a reason for them to oppose the Snake's plan, because if he provides a world flowing with Power of Existence, the number of Denizens who would bother to consume humans would be drastically reduced. So even if there were still a few Denizens who would do so out of greed or just for fun, things would still be much better.

I think the problem he had with it, or part of it, was that if Denizens continued to eat Power of Existence, it might cause a cataclysm in the new world (which is seemingly going to have humans in it) thus killing all the humans there. Though I also think they are still a bit concerned about whether the Snake can manage this in the first place, I think their view is that even if he DOES succeed, it could just lead to a disaster for all the humans in the new world.

Quote:

I dunno.

It's just ridiculous that here you have 3-4 of the strongest flame hazes fighting against Sydoney and they can't even scratch him. Hell the guy wasn't even sweating during the fight.

I mean given the previous fight that Sabracc easily held off 3 powerful flame hazes himself without breaking a sweat, why the hell has Snake not just send them all to wipe out the Flame Hazes in a fight? They have the numbers and 1 of his generals can easily match not just half a dozen of the strongest flame hazes but easily dispatch one of the 4 Gods of Earth.

Throughout the whole series we've met with powerful flame hazes but none of them could ever match any of the trinity or guys like Sabracc in a one on one or even 3 on one fight.

One thing to keep in mind is that the fights Sydonay had at the end of both the first and second season were apparently anime original, so they may not be a good way to judge his strength. Both his fights against Margery (during the incestuous twin arc and in Margery's flashback) were based on the Light Novels I believe, but unless my memory fails me, he did not have his special weapon with him in either case.

It's also possible that the return of the Snake has increased his power, as it seems the Snake has a special connection to the trinity members.

Cosmic Eagle 2012-01-20 21:07

Quote:

I dunno.

Because the main point is not to annihilate the Flame Hazes. It's for Snake to return and complete his Creation.

BTW, Sydonay is....really really powerful.

elleinad00 2012-01-20 22:49

wooo~! love this episode.....
still no ending song but oh well.. u/n is cute. :D

CHIARA YOU ARE SOOO~ CUTE!!! :hyper-^v^:
MARGERY!! you came back!! I missed her soo much. :hyper-^v^:

In one episode 2 great flame haze died........ :T_T:

Shana & co. going back to Misaki.. :eyebrow:

Oh yeah question: is this episode is part of vol. 20??

SoldierOfDarkness 2012-01-20 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle (Post 3959313)
Because the main point is not to annihilate the Flame Hazes. It's for Snake to return and complete his Creation.

Yeah they really drove that point home when they started massacring the retreating flame hazes like cattle.

Quote:

BTW, Sydonay is....really really powerful.
More powerful than even alastor apparently. Nothing can harm him.

Quote:

One thing to keep in mind is that the fights Sydonay had at the end of both the first and second season were apparently anime original, so they may not be a good way to judge his strength. Both his fights against Margery (during the incestuous twin arc and in Margery's flashback) were based on the Light Novels I believe, but unless my memory fails me, he did not have his special weapon with him in either case.
Even without Sydonay the other Crimson Denizens/lords demonstrated that they were more than capable of easily bringing down the other flame hazes. That lion easily brought down the Stone Golem with a single shout and Sabracc just went, "oh a stone golem" and then proceded to pwn him as well.

I'm sorry but to it's just so mind boggling.

It's like "OMG it's one of the Monster Gods!"

Other crimson Denizen, "Oh...it's him...well let's fight"

5 seconds later Flame Haze is dead and the Denizen hasn't even broken a sweat and has no scratches on him.

Mad_Scientist 2012-01-20 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness (Post 3959468)
Y

Even without Sydonay the other Crimson Denizens/lords demonstrated that they were more than capable of easily bringing down the other flame hazes. That lion easily brought down the Stone Golem with a single shout and Sabracc just went, "oh a stone golem" and then proceded to pwn him as well.

The lion temporarily brought down the Golem, but failed to defeat Khamshin. He ultimately died without killing anyone.

Sabrac had already shown himself to be exceptional. He still failed to kill anyone in that fight.

Quote:

I'm sorry but to it's just so mind boggling.

It's like "OMG it's one of the Monster Gods!"

Other crimson Denizen, "Oh...it's him...well let's fight"

5 seconds later Flame Haze is dead and the Denizen hasn't even broken a sweat and has no scratches on him.
Umn, we never saw the whole fight between Sydonay and the god of earth.

Up to this point, we've seen multiple powerful named Denizens die, without a single named Flame Haze dying... not counting some deaths in the early skirmishes. So I'm not sure why you are getting the impression that the Flame Hazes are no match for them.

SoldierOfDarkness 2012-01-20 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad_Scientist (Post 3959490)
The lion temporarily brought down the Golem, but failed to defeat Khamshin. He ultimately died without killing anyone.

Which he was about to but got distracted.

Quote:

Sabrac had already shown himself to be exceptional. He still failed to kill anyone in that fight.
Which he also was about to but got distracted and committed suicide.

Quote:

Umn, we never saw the whole fight between Sydonay and the god of earth.
Pretty sure he's dead. Plus the God of Earth pretty much figured if he fought Sydonay he was going to die.

Quote:

Up to this point, we've seen multiple powerful named Denizens die, without a single named Flame Haze dying... not counting some deaths in the early skirmishes. So I'm not sure why you are getting the impression that the Flame Hazes are no match for them.
Because of plot and luck. In a straight on fight the Denizen would've come out on top.

I mean when you got 4-5 powerful flame hazes that can't even dent Sydonay you just wonder....:heh: And when the denizens died because they got distracted when they had the upper hand...

Mad_Scientist 2012-01-20 23:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness (Post 3959498)
Which he was about to but got distracted.

Which he also was about to but got distracted and committed suicide.

The ability to maintain focus is in battle is a part of someone's strength. Plus, Sabrac was hardly about to kill anyone at the time the Snake showed up, and while he let himself die, he was still defeated and taken out of the battle before his deatht. Also, though it wasn't explained fully in the anime, the only reason he was even alive after his first defeat was because of some technique of Bel Peol's. So Sabrac's record, even ignoring his suicide, is to be defeated twice and saved both times by Bel Peol.

Quote:

Pretty sure he's dead. Plus the God of Earth pretty much figured if he fought Sydonay he was going to die.
The point is we didn't see the fight, so we have no way of knowing it was easy. Plus it was implied that Sydonay is possibly the strongest fighter in the trinity, and thus possibly the strongest member of Bal Masque period (not counting Snake/Yuji), so staying behind alone to fight him... of course he was going to die. Even if he managed to win against Sydonay, he wasn't going to make it off that battlefield alive.

Quote:

Because of plot and luck. In a straight on fight the Denizen would've come out on top.
Because of "plot and luck" could apply to both sides.

Quote:

I mean when you got 4-5 powerful flame hazes that can't even dent Sydonay you just wonder....:heh: And when the denizens died because they got distracted when they had the upper hand...
Sydonay is an unusual case, but they did hurt him, he just healed himself. It's never been clear just what limits he has to his recovery ability.