AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fairy Tail (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Fairy Tail - Character Discussion - Lucy (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=99073)

james0246 2010-11-14 11:15

Fairy Tail - Character Discussion - Lucy

This thread is dedicated to everything Lucy. From the size of her...enthusiasm, to her position as a Celestial Mage on "Team Natsu", everything you want to talk about concerning Lucy can be done here.

To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Fairy Tail fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Kaijo 2010-11-14 11:49

Spoiler for manga spoilers...:

One particular thing I thought recently, is that there is technically a 13th zodiac sign: Ophiuchus, also known as Serpentarius. It might be an interesting trick to pull, having Luzy discover the 13th key after she gets the other 12.

larethian 2010-11-14 12:02

When one day she collects all 12 keys, she will be able to summon the King of the Stellar Spirits as a WMD spell. Just joking, though it might be possible.

Albafica 2010-11-15 02:13

She's ok, I don't really like her fights. I think she will have a love story with Natsu :D.

FlareKnight 2010-11-15 18:35

Have liked Lucy's growth as a character from the start of the show. Really found her home in Fairy Tail which is nice to see. Fights for Lucy are tricky things since really she's a summoner. Does try her best to jump into things so she's not just hanging back.

Good for comedy, a strong supporter of her friends, and a cute character.

The Chaos 2010-11-15 18:44

I think I might be the only one who like Lucy more than Erza ..I love her Character :)
I might read the manga just to see her Improvement :p

Kaijo 2010-11-15 19:47

I'm a sucker for watching a character starting out fairly weak, but getting stronger as the series progresses, and Lucy has the potential for all kinds of awesomeness if they smarten her up about using her magic.

This mainly applies to characters like Lucy, and not ones like Natsu, who already start out fairly strong.

kitten320 2010-11-15 20:07

She is one of the rare main characters that I like. Can't really find a time when I didn't. She is a nice character with good humour and who is gradually growing in power, not randomly and fast as it usually happens in shounen.

user76145 2010-11-17 14:37

I quite like Lucy...
But she doesn't seem to do anything. Even though it's often shown that she's quite capable at fighting, she almost never shows it. Good example would be on of the more recent episodes, where Fairy Tail got curbstombed and she didn't do anything at all. Not even summon anyone.
Sometimes she does something awesome... And then she reverts back to just standing around. It's like a game of competency Pingpong.

Does it get better in the manga or is that still happening?

MechR 2010-11-18 01:43

Still happening :(

Kayin 2010-11-19 12:55

I just don't see Lucy with Natsu at all. Now Leon on the other hand - that has some potential considering what she did for him.

kitten320 2010-11-19 15:07

Same, I see her more with Loke than Natsu.

FlareKnight 2010-11-19 16:43

Yeah when it comes to Lucy I'm still leaning in a few directions. Early on did think things would move in Natsu's direction. But his past makes me think it's unlikely and his personality doesn't seem geared towards viewing Lucy like that.

Now Loke definitely has a strong chance. He's been pretty upfront in terms of how he feels about Lucy. His biggest weakness is that it will take time for her to really see his actions as completely genuine. Not being affected by her earlier views of him. Think he's got as good a chance as anyone.

Kaijo 2010-11-20 12:22

It's still up in the air. It's obvious Lucy doesn't have any preferences at this time, so time will tell. She knows how Loke feels, but hasn't seemed too interested or conflicted about it. Loke could kinda end up with Aries, and if that happens, then Natsu is the only other one at the moment.

But being a shounen series, anything can happen almost suddenly down the line, or in the last arc or epilogue.

Albafica 2010-11-20 14:19

http://album.blog.yam.com/show.php?a...553&i=14226201

They are cute :D.

I prefer to see a Natsu x Lucy than a Loke x Lucy

Crontica 2010-11-21 11:21

"If" the show gains immortality all romance arcs will be shot to oblivion.

Kaijo 2010-11-21 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crontica (Post 3355872)
"If" the show gains immortality all romance arcs will be shot to oblivion.

Possible, but if it does gain immortality, then they are freer to do pairings, even if it costs some fans. They'd probably go with the more popular/obvious pairings, though, such as Gray/Juvia. As for Natsu and Lucy, if they go that route, Mashima wont want to do angst so he'll push Loke out of the running way before then, possibly by hooking him up with Aries.

Guardian Enzo 2010-11-21 16:36

At long last, a dedicated Lucy thread. She's one of the most irresistible girls in anime for me - not just because of her physical attributes (which are obviously above reproach) but her adorably neurotic personality.

Sai Feng 2010-11-21 17:11

Is it okay for me to ship Lucy and Shinagawa (Yankee-kun to Megane-chan)? :heh:

Anyways, I can really see Lucy as my kid sister. I'm glad she's not an overly ditzy character and love it when she acts like a dork sometimes. When she tries to act sexy I just respond with a small snicker, it'll be fun to tease her because that's what a big brother suppose to do haha.

Knightrunner 2010-11-21 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sai Feng (Post 3356216)
Is it okay for me to ship Lucy and Shinagawa (Yankee-kun to Megane-chan)? :heh:

Anyways, I can really see Lucy as my kid sister. I'm glad she's not an overly ditzy character and love it when she acts like a dork sometimes. When she tries to act sexy I just respond with a small snicker, it'll be fun to tease her because that's what a big brother suppose to do haha.

Exactly, she doesn't act to ditzy and she is actually really intelligant too. I can also imagine her as my little sister or friend that you can talk to all the time. Plus, she has her own type of personality in the anime world. I can't think of anybody that acts like Lucy right now. Could anybody think of any?