AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Amagami SS (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Amagami SS+ plus (Second Season) - News & Speculation (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=106240)

Kanon 2011-08-13 04:56

Amagami SS+ plus (Second Season) - News & Speculation

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ets-2nd-season

WHAT

I have to say, I didn't see that one coming.

Hibiki and Maya route, HERE WE GO!

MrTerrorist 2011-08-13 04:57

Amagami SS Anime Gets 2nd Season

Yes! http://www.laymark.com/i/m/m207.gif Hibiki route is coming!

Kotohono 2011-08-13 05:02

that's a bit surprising, but great to hear, just when I thought the series was finished completely :heh:.

SidVicious 2011-08-13 06:10

Hibiki! :D

Gault 2011-08-13 07:27

I just hope this season is about their final year(but for Harukas sake , Junichi dating someone not at school anymore)

cause I don't want this to be a season of bad endings(or alternate endings) , it would just be depressing 6 arcs in a row

blakstealth 2011-08-13 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by randombum (Post 3415296)
Not sure if this video was ever posted here before, but Ayatsuji fans should get a kick out of this.

fuckin rofl

I saw this before, but Hitagi Senjougahara was the hero. xD

And EEFFF YYEEAAHHH for season 2!

Kusa-San 2011-08-13 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTerrorist (Post 3726644)

Ah ah yes, great news !! :D I want a Manaka route :3

Freeter 2011-08-13 08:31

If this turns out to be Hibiki, Sensei, and Manaka routes in omnibus format I will cream myself :D

(bonus points if they shaft Rihoko in all the arcs :heh:)

Shadow5YA 2011-08-13 09:08

Huh... what? What is there left to animate in a second season? Hibiki's story isn't enough to fill 12 episodes.

Is there some other route in the PSP version that I'm forgetting?

Aqua Knight 2011-08-13 10:52

The new season is 12 episodes??

Hiro Hayase 2011-08-13 10:58

I'm adding my voice to the supporters of Hibiki Tsukahara, Maya Takahashi, Manaka Hiba, Kanae Itō, and Keiko Tanaka routes in the 2nd season. I don't really care that much about the last two though lol. Some of the routes never happened in the game though.

I'm guessing it will 24 episodes for the 2nd season too; 4 episodes per heroine. They might include another 2 ova's too.

I seriously doubt that this new season will be about the bad endings from the 1st season's heroines, it will be too depressing to watch considering Japan's current situation and the global economy prospects. It will make a majority of people depressed.

The directors could decide to focus the new season on taking the relationships with the 1st seasons heroines to the next level and going in-depth. Although I prefer focusing on the side character routes more. That idea seems fresher in my tastes.

Edit: So its only 12 episodes? It's not confirmed which time slot it will take yet. Plot? The storyline isn't confirmed yet.

relentlessflame 2011-08-13 11:18

I don't think there's any information yet to suggest how many episodes this show will be; nobody knows yet. I think that 12-episode is the most likely bet... but I could easily see them do another 2-cour series as well.

If they do a 1-cour show, I would guess that they might have two-episode "After Stories" for each of the six main heroines (so that they can sell one BD for each heroine again). If they do a 2-cour show, they could do the same but then also have three new 4-episode story arcs for other heroines? I guess we'll see. I'm just guessing that they won't do a new season exclusively on new/different characters, since they want to cash-in on the fandom for some of the existing heroines as well. I also wonder if there's going to be a sequel game in the works, so that may have something to do with it.

Shadow5YA 2011-08-13 11:20

I don't know whether an episode count was confirmed. I was saying that at the mimimum, a series will have 12 eps in a season, and I'm not sure there's enough content even for 12 episodes.

They can use Hibiki and Maya's routes from the PSP version, but I'm still not sure that would be enough to fill a season.

LoweGear 2011-08-13 11:22

Original Miya Arc or GTF-

*SHOT*

Guardian Enzo 2011-08-13 12:59

Not that I love the character, but conceptually it would be interesting to build a second season around the little sister, with 6 different guys.

Hiro Hayase 2011-08-13 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 3727071)
Not that I love the character, but conceptually it would be interesting to build a second season around the little sister, with 6 different guys.

Now that is an idea I would vouch for. The directors and publishing company might save that Amagami game for the future though.

But still even if they have 12 episodes, they could focus on Hibiki, Maya, and another random girls route or have the last 4 episodes as filler episodes involving the cast. Although, given how popular Amagami SS is...it will more likely have 24 episodes.

Aqua Knight 2011-08-13 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase (Post 3726922)
I'm adding my voice to the supporters of Hibiki Tsukahara, Maya Takahashi, Manaka Hiba, Kanae Itō, and Keiko Tanaka routes in the 2nd season. I don't really care that much about the last two though lol. Some of the routes never happened in the game though.

Edit: So its only 12 episodes? It's not confirmed which time slot it will take yet. Plot? The storyline isn't confirmed yet.

Who are they and how do the look like??? And how many routes/girls are there in the original game?

And no air date,right?

karuroso 2011-08-13 16:03

They could animate the drama cds for example =D

Sumeragi 2011-08-13 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aqua Knight (Post 3727146)
Who are they and how do the look like???

Takahashi Maya: Homeroom Teacher
Hiba Manaka: Long haired, quiet senior of the Tea Club
Ito Kanae: Rihoko's friend
Tanaka Keiko: Kaoru's friend (the one who was at the center of the lover letter incident)

http://static.minitokyo.net/view/00/12/490600.jpg
Keiko, Hibiki, Maya, Kanae, Miya, Masayoshi, Manaka, Ruriko

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aqua Knight (Post 3727146)
And how many routes/girls are there in the original game?

The original six, and the expansion added Hibiki and Maya.

Arabesque 2011-08-13 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 3726947)
I also wonder if there's going to be a sequel game in the works, so that may have something to do with it.

That was my first thought actually. ''Make the anime generate renewed interest in the new game in development'' seems like the logical reason for this move.

But ... just what? I don't know what they are going to do here, but it's pretty clear that the omnibus format seems to be a success ...