AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One Piece - Chapter 711 [manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=120048)

ellifeedn 2013-06-12 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by aohige (Post 4719894)
Oda's inspiration of them in One Piece is undeniably Liliputians from Gulliver's Travels.
Robin is even stitched to the ground in the exact same fashion Gulliver was.
One Piece in general takes a lot of cue from Gulliver, heck the entire manga is nearly a modern interpretation of the Gulliver Travels lol.

If we don't see a race of horse-people, I will be sorely disappointed.

carcanclaw 2013-06-12 10:15

As much as I'm usually down on fanservice, what we got in this chapter was pretty decent. It wasn't completely tasteless, and the fact that we actually got to see Robin in a cute/funny situation (which is really a massive rarity) made it work.

Principalities 2013-06-12 10:17

Ah crap. Law is gonna get captured. So will it be a Law rescue arc after this? or is he toast? A last minute rescue seems unlikely. I also don't think he can fight his way out of that...

james0246 2013-06-12 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcanclaw (Post 4720199)
As much as I'm usually down on fanservice, what we got in this chapter was pretty decent. It wasn't completely tasteless, and the fact that we actually got to see Robin in a cute/funny situation (which is really a massive rarity) made it work.

I actually greatly disliked for the reasons you mentioned. Nami is the proverbial 'tits waiting to be groped', not Robin, so seeing her such a situation was not only a little shocking, but a bit distasteful to me (not that illicitly groping is ever "tasteful", but at least Oda built Nami for such bawdy comedy). The only thing that saved the entire sequence was Robin's internal monologue where she acknowledges that she could break free at any time, but even then it was a bit much for the character to be put through.

Kanon 2013-06-12 10:30

Robin looked sexier than ever in this chapter. Lucky dwarves. The way she was strapped to the ground was indeed very reminiscent of Gulliver's travels. It's obvious Oda drew inspiration from there.

I'm curious about Rebecca's relationship to the soldier. Sounds to me like he might be a former human.

GreyZone 2013-06-12 10:37

Wait! Robin doesn't need to "cross" her arms to use her power anymore?

shalala 2013-06-12 13:22

Am I the only one who is a bit creeped out of the magic ropes. Its like Robin has been stiched to the ground it self and that has to hurt. Sooooo the only other reason that I can think of it its a DF power.

imza 2013-06-12 13:57

I have to wonder if Law has a back up plan. Considering he knows Don and his ways, I can't imagine him thinking that he could so easily walk out of there with the exchange. I'm also curious as to whether or not Law can actually take him in a one to one fight, it seems like it will be a battle of who can their ability to control the other faster.

bhl88 2013-06-12 14:02

Sogeking! Tan tan tan tan...

Bern-san 2013-06-12 14:02

Robin was so beautiful this chapter and I want Zoro's dwarf, it was cute despite his strength:heh:. Speaking about Zoro, his sense of direction is always amusing.

I was surprised at Rebecca and the toy being friends or whatever, especially Rebecca's attitude. trying to not make a dirty joke

Not a surprise that Dofla didn't stop being a Shichibukai (Law was a bit a naïve if he thought that things would be that easy) but I hope nothing bad will happen to the Supernova:(

Either a toy or a dwarf or Rebbeca and the toy like someone said to join Straw hats please

I hope Oda recovers and Jump should worry more about him, sales might be affected with a month break or so but I think it's better in the long term.

marvelB 2013-06-12 14:41

This was an awesome chapter, IMO. I'm already loving these dwarves or gnomes or whatever they are. Now I really want to see one of them join the crew, particularly the one Zoro is stuck with (and hey, she'd even count as a female candidate who ISN'T another of boobs!). ;) And apparently one of them even has a DF power? Because "nui nui" does sound like the name of one of those abilities (unless this is another Panda error).....

Quote:

Originally Posted by aohige (Post 4719894)
....... *gasp* I wonder if there are 8000 Tontattas in the kingdom. (referring to yet another Usopp tall tales)

That would be hella awesome. I love it when Usopp's lies become a reality. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Small One (Post 4720000)
Okay, so if Doflamingo didn't really quit the Shichibukai, what exactly are the amrines doing there?
Doflamingo is aShichibukai, and Law is a Shichibukai, which means their quarrel is a thing between those two. IMHO no need for marines to appear.

I remember you bringing up something like this in the previous chapter thread, so I'll give a similar answer as I did then: The problem lies in the fact that Law is in an alliance with Luffy. The marines currently have no concrete proof of Dofla's schemes (the SAD factory in PH was destroyed after all, and the whole point of the journey to Dressrosa was to destroy the Smile factory), but the alliance would be a lot easier for them to confirm. And I really don't think the marines would approve of a warlord partnering himself with the son of the world's most wanted criminal......

Randrak42 2013-06-12 14:53

BTW....how did Sanji find out all of that about Donfla?

GreyZone 2013-06-12 14:54

btw did anyone recently look for Pandaman?

marvelB 2013-06-12 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randrak42 (Post 4720458)
BTW....how did Sanji find out all of that about Donfla?

My guess is that either Violet told him or he beat the information out of one of the goons who targeted him before (like that sniper dude). But I'm sure we'll get an explanation within the next couple chapters.....

Best_name_ever 2013-06-12 15:14

Law has been caught of guard but he is no slouch either. First things first everybody:

ONE: Law still has Ceaser's heart in his pocket.
TWO: Law is in green bit (Zou actually but close by), and so is his pirate crew as well.
THREE: Law still has the teleportation technique he used in Punk Hazard
FOUR: Doflamingo aka Joker made a deal with Akainu, I'm sure of it almost. BUT, we don't know what that deal consists of, for all we know, Joker probably told white lies here and there. Unless if Akainu is willing to increase a Yonko's power, as long as he (Akainu) reaps the benefits as well from Doflamingo's business deal in order to give and feed his marine soldiers as well with "Smiles", who knows. But something tells me not.
FIVE: Gnomes are still there near Law, which means the luck of the devil may approach him and the gnomes may help Law escape!!!
SIX: Law get's caught but leaves a trail sort of speak. Will see.
SEVEN: Usopp may come to the rescue to escape with Law (Usopp and Robin are near him). Usopp is an excellent liar, plus he can get the info from the gnomes and respond with his sniping skills. Will see.

Zoro may arrive to late to save Nami, Brook, Chopper, and Momonosuke. But otherwise, he may face off against Spade.

and how the hell did Sanji find out about this????????

Two possible scenarios to Sanji's discovery:

ONE: Violet told him about it and is helping him
TWO: Or Sanji's has been had by the woman Violet and Violet is a spy for Doflamingo.
THREE: Sanji beat it out of a goon behind the scenes while protecting Violet.

Franky is on his way currently to the factory, unless there are distractions for Franky and the foot soldier afterwards. If Franky evacuates the people there in the factory as the foot soldier asked Franky to help him with, and then afterwards destroys it, it would put a huge dent on Doflamingo's plans.

Poetic Justice 2013-06-12 16:50

This situation suits the WG just fine, If Doflamingo gets taken down now they can simply take credit for it saying he had given up his status publicly.

Sazelyt 2013-06-12 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 4720216)
I actually greatly disliked for the reasons you mentioned. Nami is the proverbial 'tits waiting to be groped', not Robin, so seeing her such a situation was not only a little shocking, but a bit distasteful to me (not that illicitly groping is ever "tasteful", but at least Oda built Nami for such bawdy comedy). The only thing that saved the entire sequence was Robin's internal monologue where she acknowledges that she could break free at any time, but even then it was a bit much for the character to be put through.

To some extent, there is a reason why Usopp wasn't there when that happened to Robin. So, in some way, she is still suffering among complete strangers (in this case, non humans), which is not unheard of her, considering her past. But, still, I think Robin part is mainly there to let us understand the small creatures better.

It wasn't like she was suffering that much, she was mainly trapped in a place where she can escape anytime she wanted. But, considering her objectives to learn more about everything, waiting and seeing was the right approach for her. Of course, the last part wasn't what she wanted to experience, but she had already seen what those creatures were capable of when they took almost everything from the Marines. It was a surprising moment for her, and she was saved pretty quickly by the greatest liar of the century.

GreyZone 2013-06-12 17:26

Does anyone still remember that strange rumor that the "new world arc" would only "last 200 chapters"? I think that was shortly before the time skip.
Some people really like to forge things to troll other people, but I already knew that the timeskip was more or less the halfway point so it never affected me.
Well I am happy about 500 more One Piece chapters :D

And I ask once more: Did anyone find Pandaman in a recent chapter at all?

shalala 2013-06-12 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyZone (Post 4720615)
Does anyone still remember that strange rumor that the "new world arc" would only "last 200 chapters"? I think that was shortly before the time skip.
Some people really like to forge things to troll other people, but I already knew that the timeskip was more or less the halfway point so it never affected me.
Well I am happy about 500 more One Piece chapters :D

And I ask once more: Did anyone find Pandaman in a recent chapter at all?

Who is pandaman?

GreyZone 2013-06-12 17:54

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Pandaman