AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   To Aru Majutsu no Index (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   To Aru Majutsu no Index - Q & A (archive) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=74591)

Skyfall 2008-11-25 13:00

To Aru Majutsu no Index - Q & A (archive)

This thread is for those of you with questions about the To Aru Majutsu no Index anime, manga or light novel. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime, manga or light novel without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about To Aru Majutsu no Index which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, light novel, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:

KaneDragon 2008-12-09 20:20

Touma's power: The manga (or, at least the scanlation) calls it "Imagination Breaker", the anime calls it "Imagine Breaker". What do the novels call it?

serenade_beta 2008-12-09 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaneDragon (Post 2098902)
Touma's power: The manga (or, at least the scanlation) calls it "Imagination Breaker", the anime calls it "Imagine Breaker". What do the novels call it?

It has always been Imagine Breaker. I assume that is what the scanlation did on its own accord for some reason.

KaneDragon 2008-12-09 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 2098958)
It has always been Imagine Breaker. I assume that is what the scanlation did on its own accord for some reason.

Well, it sounds better, for one. Oh well, too bad.
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/870/26aj3.th.jpg

Chaos2Frozen 2008-12-10 01:15

Technical question; How many styles of magic have been revealed so far? We know there's a ton of them coming from Christianity due to the different Churches, but what about the others?

MrTerrorist 2008-12-10 02:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 2099332)
Technical question; How many styles of magic have been revealed so far? We know there's a ton of them coming from Christianity due to the different Churches, but what about the others?

Spoiler for My Guess:

ZippyDSM 2008-12-13 23:13

Anyone explain the "powers" the loli has?
I am re watching it again and..well..... magic is not meant for those with ability... just a wondering if anyone went in depth no that bit.

Anyone guess where the anime will end on which light novel?

KaneDragon 2008-12-13 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZippyDSM (Post 2106271)

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1...girlwj1.th.jpg Loli #1 is not a magical girl. Loli #2 apparently is. :p

serenade_beta 2008-12-13 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZippyDSM (Post 2106271)
I am re watching it again and..well..... magic is not meant for those with ability... just a wondering if anyone went in depth no that bit.

Anyone guess where the anime will end on which light novel?

I assume you are talking about Komoe.
She does not have an ability. Every student in the city has taken the power development and thus, cannot use magic (please ignore the contradiction in the second arc), but all of the teachers in the city do not take any type of power development, so Komoe can use magic without getting hurt.

You don't need to post in two threads, by the way.

kingsky123 2008-12-15 14:15

during episode 9, touma fights against a guy who has the power to bring thoughts to reality. so when he said the magnus didnt work how come his hand was still severed and needed a doctor ?? And if so, then the dude who can cast fire should have died ?? or does the person need to accept that thought to become a reality ? is that it?

KaneDragon 2008-12-15 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsky123 (Post 2109427)
Spoiler for ep9:

Use Capital Letters, go read the forum thread for episode 9 more closely (we've already been through this), and rewatch episode 9 again a little more closely. :rolleyes:

Spoiler for ep9:

If you're still confused, take it here.

ZippyDSM 2008-12-15 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsky123 (Post 2109427)
during episode 9, touma fights against a guy who has the power to bring thoughts to reality. so when he said the magnus didnt work how come his hand was still severed and needed a doctor ?? And if so, then the dude who can cast fire should have died ?? or does the person need to accept that thought to become a reality ? is that it?

Ars manga(sp) is the power to turn thought into reality but its not really reality warping its far more matter/energy shifting than full blown reality control I say this because styl survived. The limits to his power is he needs a clear head thus why he has to stab himself with needles to properly shift things around.

I also believe there is a power of suggestion aspect to his ability, as it seems its an illusion based power power that can mimic attacks and damage.

Ah what Kane dragon said has cleared it up so forget what I said :P

KaneDragon
Eww do we have to call him firestarter it sounds like a downgrade >>

Ah so he can warp reality but requires focus to do so and since he lost it his powers began to backfire... hell sounds like my own character warping reality without a clear head will fck you up! :eyespin:

FateAnomaly 2008-12-16 00:55

There are some things i don't get, i hope someone can answer this.
Earlier the fire mage said they pretended to be enemies of Index cos they are tired of her forgetting them. It gives the impression that they have done it a few times. But later, he said he is her partner 2 years ago. It means its only once. That will rendered the enemy excuse rather lame. So which is more correct?

Also, why do the church let Index wander about. She doesn't do anything at all. If she is just a container then why not let her go into extended sleep. Pretty sure magic could do that. And of all places, why the academy city. The science guys and mage guys are not exactly buddies right?

Freya 2008-12-16 01:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek (Post 2110276)
You know JC Staff's formula.

Season 1:

RUSH RUSH RUSH ORIGINAL ENDING!

Then,

Season 2:

DRAG RUSH DRAG ARRRRGH ORIGINAL ENDING!

Season 3:

Fall 2009!

Theres going to be more than 1 season?

ZippyDSM 2008-12-16 01:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by FateAnomaly (Post 2110371)
There are some things i don't get, i hope someone can answer this.
Earlier the fire mage said they pretended to be enemies of Index cos they are tired of her forgetting them. It gives the impression that they have done it a few times. But later, he said he is her partner 2 years ago. It means its only once. That will rendered the enemy excuse rather lame. So which is more correct?

Also, why do the church let Index wander about. She doesn't do anything at all. If she is just a container then why not let her go into extended sleep. Pretty sure magic could do that. And of all places, why the academy city. The science guys and mage guys are not exactly buddies right?

So you have a cute and likable girl as the wealth of your magical knowable, in order to protect her you in place a steady flow of replaceable agents that are are only told enough to make them into protectors of whats in her head.

The yearly memory wipe is to keep help quite,her "friends" in the dark and all and loyal to the church, the problem is she bolted from them and they gave chase leading her to name them enemy.

With the 2ndry level of protection she has the er..."automated personalty" I do not think you could easily lock her up...also having an active mind/body is important to maintaining the archive...but I can only guess.

FateAnomaly 2008-12-16 01:51

No you don't quite get the first question. They always started out as friends to Index. Its the same as the alchemist. The fire mage say they are tired of wiping out the happy memories of them together. It means they have done it before. Thats two years ago. So this year they pretended to be enemies instead. But it will mean they gave up only after 1 time.

Secondly, the automated personality is programed by the church. Also if free range is important, it can always be within the premises of the church.

KaneDragon 2008-12-16 06:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZippyDSM (Post 2109451)
KaneDragon
Eww do we have to call him firestarter it sounds like a downgrade >>

Haha, I really need to break that habit, don't I? "Stiyl" isn't that hard to remember. :heh:

ZippyDSM 2008-12-16 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by FateAnomaly (Post 2110445)
No you don't quite get the first question. They always started out as friends to Index. Its the same as the alchemist. The fire mage say they are tired of wiping out the happy memories of them together. It means they have done it before. Thats two years ago. So this year they pretended to be enemies instead. But it will mean they gave up only after 1 time.

Secondly, the automated personality is programed by the church. Also if free range is important, it can always be within the premises of the church.

She escaped from the church tho, hell might even been lead on by the science side to get her into town but tis not really covered how she got away...shes slippery like that :P

Malintex_Terek 2008-12-16 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freya (Post 2110420)
Theres going to be more than 1 season?

Ah, unconfirmed. I was making a comparison with Shana which will (probably) get a third season that won't be announced until the season before it airs. Last time we got Shana in fall the announcement came in winter, so it would be a good time to announce it then.

Seeing as Index is comparable to Shana in length I'd imagine two or three seasons with that formula would be warranted, if popular enough.

ZippyDSM 2008-12-16 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaneDragon (Post 2110708)
Haha, I really need to break that habit, don't I? "Stiyl" isn't that hard to remember. :heh:

Unless its a Hot chick, "Trap" or "Newtype" its not a firestater. :eyespin: