AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Twin Spica (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=8)

Zarxrax 2003-11-03 17:52

Twin Spica

What do people think of Twin Spica, of those who've seen the first episode? I wasn't particularly looking forward to this series, but after watching it, it has become my favorite new series this season! I just found the story to be really touching. What do others think about it?

Videric 2003-11-03 18:07

O_o

Who is subbing it and how many eps are released? :o
Or is it even a new anime ? I dunno :p and i dont have the strenght to check at animenfo

lighter junkie 2003-11-03 18:09

i'm still not sure whether i should download the series yet, by the way, is the girl humping tree scene part of the first ep? i might consider downloading the series likewise.

Zarxrax 2003-11-03 18:16

It's being subbed by Anime-Fansubs, ep 1 was released today.

The girl humping the tree is from Popotan, another excellant series :D

|Aion| 2003-11-03 18:19

Whats the series about?

Zarxrax 2003-11-03 18:23

From the first episode, its about a little girl that sees a ghost wearing a lion mask, and the little girl decides she want's to go into space because of him (i think). The story will shift forward a few years for episode 2, so I have no idea how its going to turn out. But so far, its really nice.

u&t 2003-11-03 18:26

Here is the AnimeNfo link:

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1...u_no_spic.html

It's about a girl who wants to become an astronaut. This one seems original and I have some hopes for this one.

ZGMF-10A 2003-11-03 18:49

wow the girl looks like sprit away.... very original... :fingers: is this middle fingers?

AdorableKeiko 2003-11-03 18:53

I hope it's good. ;)

I love new releases and A-Keep does good work.

dark_breaka 2003-11-03 18:56

I hope this is a good space series unlike planets where the plot of the anime doesn't seem to progress.

Green² 2003-11-03 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted at AnimeNfo
A refreshing tiny story, cute but painful Science-Fiction Fantasy.
Painful as in Narutaru? :heh:

haleguu 2003-11-03 19:43

I haven't had time to sit down and watched, but I just glanced at it after downloading it. The songs are catchy, but I especially love the ending song. It sounds more like the older (80's era) Japanese pop songs ala Mayumi Itsuwa style pop songs. Great stuff. I'll post later how I feel about it, but from the looks of it, I'll most definitely like it. Since, it's so refreshing to see lighthearted stories, especially dealing with reaching one's dreams.

saku~ya 2003-11-03 19:53

I just finished watching it. I found it very nice. The animation in it was old-ish then the newer stuff. But I particulary like that. I think the Lion pulled me into it, and I also like Asumi's character.

I'll definitely keep up with this anime ^.^

u&t 2003-11-03 20:04

Watched it now and really liked it.

The opening song is unusually nice and at least this episode had that kind of Ghibli cuteness Totoro also had (although I would newer compare the two in anything else).

If you sometimes cry watching anime you'll cry here.

The main character looks kind of plain which is a really nice break from all the "well make all girls look really cute but the we'll have to give one of them pink hair so you can tell them apart" girls in anime I've been watching lately.

Kempis Curious 2003-11-04 00:33

Well, I'm curious now. :D

I'm going to go download it. I've gotten good advice from this forum before.

-k

Kempis Curious 2003-11-04 00:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarxrax
The girl humping the tree is from Popotan, another excellant series :D

Geez. :nono: You shouldn't show that. Some kid is going to emulate that and get splinters in a very uncomfortable place. :dots:

-k

haleguu 2003-11-04 03:28

Okay that ending song of Twin Spica really caught my attention and I knew I heard it a long time ago. Finally, found out who sung the song "Miagete Goran Yoru No Hoshi Wo" (Look At The Stars In The Night),well the one that I heard a long time ago. It's from Kyu Sakamoto. Sorry, this is off topic, but its hard to find anime that uses songs you normally don't see associated with anime. The director of Twin Spica has great taste. :) Anime-Fansubs, as well for picking up a great anime. You guys never disappoint.

Okay, its official this is my favorite anime to look forward to every week from all the new anime on Fall lineup. It's so sad! The box/Yuigahama Bay/ashes (you'll see when you watch it) and the Lion doll references were so SAD! :sad:

foxdie 2003-11-04 05:22

I didn't like it, I watched and found it incredibly boring. I just don't like these drama anime anymore, for me they're all the same. It could get better when she gets to space academy or something. I'll check back here again but for now I kicked it off my hard drive. There are better anime to waste my time with.

StarCreator 2003-11-04 06:05

I was looking forward to this series as well, and it didn't disappoint. Can't wait until episode 2, where it looks like we'll really get into the main plot. I wonder if Yuuko will still be there...

Kensuke 2003-11-04 09:21

This one suprised me, first it wasn't so intresting but then I almost cried in the end. I will watch two or three episode and then ultimately deside is this worth following, first episode showed potential thought...

To me Twin Spica is similar to Wings of Honneamise, both of them start at the main character's childhood and they both dream about traveling to space.