AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Past Macross Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163)
-   -   Let's Re-Watch Macross Frontier (TV) Together! (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=98259)

magnuskn 2010-10-12 16:33

Macross Frontier was created in honor of the 25th anniversary of the Macross franchise. Conceived by Shoji Kawamori, its first broadcast ran from March to September 2008.

Chronologically situated in the year 2059, it is a tale about the journey of the 25th Giant Immigration Fleet, Macross Frontier, and the three main protagonists of the series, Sheryl Nome, Alto Saotome and Ranka Lee.

The series had all the Macross hallmarks: Big music, big mecha battles and big romance. It was also about trying to understand each other and the fragile balance of life.

This thread is dedicated to re-watching the series together, one episode a week ( on Saturday ) and discussing the plot, the characters and their interactions in light of what we, two years later, know about their motivations and actions. New viewers are, of course, also welcome, but be warned that the discussion will be spoiler-heavy.

Discussion for an episode is open all week. The schedule is as follows:
  • October 16th: 1st episode (Cross Encounter ; Yakk Deculture Edition )
  • October 23rd: 2nd episode ( Hard Chase )
  • October 30th: 3rd episode ( On Your Marks )
  • November 6th: 4th episode ( Miss Macross )
  • November 13th: 5th episode ( Star Date )
  • November 20th: 6th episode ( Bye-Bye Sheryl )
  • November 27th: 7th episode ( First Attack )
  • December 4th: 8th episode ( High School Queen )
  • December 11th: 9th episode ( Friendly Fire )
  • December 18th: 10th episode ( Legend of Zero )
  • December 25th: Break ( for obvious reasons )
  • January 1st: Break ( ditto )
  • January 8th: 11th episode ( Missing Birthday )
  • January 15th: 12th episode ( Fastest Delivery )
  • January 22nd: 13th episode ( Memory of Global )
  • January 29th: 14th episode ( Mother’s Lullaby )
  • February 5th: 15th episode ( Lost Peace )
  • February 12th: 16th episode ( Ranka Attack )
  • February 19th: 17th episode ( Goodbye Sister )
  • February 26th: Macross movie two discussion
  • March 5th: 18th episode ( Fold Fame )
  • March 12th: Cancelled due to earthquake + repercussions in Japan
  • March 19th: 19th episode ( Triangular )
  • March 26th: 20th episode ( Diamond Crevasse )
  • April 2nd: 21st episode ( Blue Ether )
  • April 9th: 22nd episode ( Northern Cross )
  • April 16th: 23rd episode ( True Beginning )
  • April 23rd: 24th episode ( Last Frontier )
  • April 30th: 25th episode ( Your Sound )

Shiroth 2010-10-12 16:39

Loving the opening post magnuskn, great job.

So looking forward to this Saturday. I've been itching to rewatch Macross Frontier for a while now.

March 2010-10-12 17:36

I'd like to rewatch the series, But I have some concerns.

For obvious reasons, my HD space is prioritized for the M3 website and I don't have the space for downloading the Macross Frontier series. So I have to watch streaming, if it's available somewhere.

Also, I was hoping a more careful subtitling job was done for the Macross Frontier series. Was that ever done or are we still using the subtitled packages that were done during the original run of the series?

Shiroth 2010-10-12 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by March (Post 3294930)
Also, I was hoping a more careful subtitling job was done for the Macross Frontier series. Was that ever done or are we still using the subtitled packages that were done during the original run of the series?

You're best checking this out. A few of us here shall be using this release for the upcoming rewatch. :)

BetoJR 2010-10-12 19:35

Yeah, do check out Central Anime's releases. I know I'll be watching their episodes.

Also, can't wait for saturday. :D

DeX-kun 2010-10-12 22:06

Likewise, I'll be using Central Anime's subs for this re-watch considering the tremendous job they did with Cross Game :heh:

It's actually been a while since I've re-watched the series so I'll be looking forward to this, especially because I wasn't around for the original run.

magnuskn 2010-10-13 01:20

You also could use the THORA release from one of the usual places, which also is an excellent translation which was done a year after the show came out. They released it as a batch file, but with most Torrent programs you can select individual files to download. One episode a week shouldn't stress your HD space too much, unless you cannot spare even 1 GB. :)

And thanks for the praise for the opening post. I thought it pretty utilitarian, because I didn't want to show any bias. I'll reserve that for later in the thread. :p

Shiroth 2010-10-13 03:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnuskn (Post 3295565)
I thought it pretty utilitarian, because I didn't want to show any bias. I'll reserve that for later in the thread. :p

I'm sure that was very difficult for you to hold back, so i'm impressed. :p

magnuskn 2010-10-13 05:18

No need to make people think this thread will be all about Ranka-bashing ( which it won't ). :)

raile 2010-10-13 07:07

I can't wait! *u*
I missed out on discussions of the early episodes as well. :p

DragoZERO 2010-10-13 07:15

Ohhh!! Sign me up!! I always wanted to do a thread like this for old series, I didn't think they'd allow it in all honesty.

It'll be tough to fit in my schedule, but I really want to watch it again.

So discussion will begin Sunday, right?

Shiroth 2010-10-13 07:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoZERO (Post 3295861)
So discussion will begin Sunday, right?

Saturday would probably be the start, though i guess it depends at one time people watch the episode. I'll probably do it Saturday morning, when i have more time.

BetoJR 2010-10-13 07:24

That makes two of us. Although my mornings would probably be a little later than most people... :D

DragoZERO 2010-10-13 07:43

I sleep Saturday morning, lol. I could watch it anytime on my computer, but BD rips on the HDTV are glorious, so I shall wait for the TV to be free.

magnuskn 2010-10-13 13:07

Saturday it is, but the discussion for one episode is free all week.

justinstrife 2010-10-13 20:36

I'm game. Still have Thora's release on a hard drive as I have 3.5tb of total hard drive space to access. :p

DragoZERO 2010-10-13 20:55

I burned them all but just copied the first seven eps to my hard drive. It's faster to read off the drive than the disc.

Wish they were 1080p though.

germanturkey 2010-10-13 22:27

rewatching frontier eh. i might do it. i don't know if i have the eps somewhere. i'll have to dig for them.

edit: meh, seems like ep 1 - 5ish are a rarity.... gotta dig harder.

magnuskn 2010-10-14 02:00

Try the THORA batch, download only the episodes you need.

Heibi 2010-10-14 07:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnuskn (Post 3297269)
Try the THORA batch, download only the episodes you need.

Or the new blu-ray versions from Central Anime.:cool: