AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (CR) Yama no Susume (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=115441)

Midonin 2012-10-13 15:47

Yama no Susume

This one's been in the planning for a while.

It debuts in the Winter season of next year, a series about four girls who plan to climb mountains and, presumably, ford streams. Any series with a cast setup like this catches my eye, so I'm looking forward to it.

Kana Asumi, Yoko Hikasa, Yuka Iguchi and Yui Ogura star.

LoweGear 2012-10-15 07:25

So now we have mountain climbing eh. Guess it'll be worth checking out.

marconii2002 2012-12-02 15:08

Just another 5 minut anime

http://blog-imgs-51.fc2.com/y/a/r/ya...1201191120.jpg

Dr. Casey 2012-12-02 15:09

Yeah, just heard that yesterday. I'm a bit disappointed, since I thought the series looked quite nice and would prefer a full-fledged show.

Midonin 2012-12-02 15:21

As long as it delivers, it can be whatever length it wants.

Dr. Casey 2012-12-02 15:28

I'm not a free spirit that rolls along with anything like you are, Mido. I'm a stubborn man that wants his anime 30 minutes long.

Midonin 2012-12-02 15:32

Short-form storytelling is becoming more prominent lately, and while it may not fully reach the artistic or narrative heights the full length shows can, being closer to an animated comic strip, I still find them worth examining. Every second counts when a show only has 150 of them.

Dr. Casey 2012-12-02 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Casey (Post 4459434)
I'm not a free spirit that rolls along with anything like you are, Mido. I'm a stubborn man that wants his anime 30 minutes long.

Just realized this could be read as somewhat nasty sarcasm. Definitely wasn't my intention though, his optimism and spiritedness is nice. Speaking of hiking, Midonin would be an awesome guy to go hiking with. He's the type that I'm sure would stay calm in the face of a crisis.

Midonin's Hiking Partners: Oh crap... a rockslide! Ten billion giant boulders are coming straight for us!
Midonin: Don't worry, guys. We got this. We'll be okay.

totoum 2012-12-02 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midonin (Post 4459439)
Short-form storytelling is becoming more prominent lately, and while it may not fully reach the artistic or narrative heights the full length shows can, being closer to an animated comic strip, I still find them worth examining. Every second counts when a show only has 150 of them.

I know it's not anime but in France over the last decade there's been a number of acclaimed and popular comedy shorts ,I honestly have nothing against the format,it can be quite effective when used right.
What's keeping me from really giving them a shot is that they tend to be only aired once a week,I'd much rather they would air them daily or at least twice a week since waiting a whole week for just 5 minutes is just meh to me.
Maybe I'll marathon them all once they've aired.I did this with recorder to randoseru and enjoyed it.

Midonin 2012-12-02 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Casey (Post 4459472)
Just realized this could be read as somewhat nasty sarcasm. Definitely wasn't my intention though

Oh, no harm. I took nothing bad from it anyway. Everyone has their points that they can be stubborn about - I understand hoping for a traditional length series; I was thinking the same for this one.

Flower 2012-12-03 19:06

Harumph ... I was so hoping it would be full "normal" eps ... how disappointing. And with an interesting premise, too. :(

winhlp32 2012-12-03 19:53

5 minutes per episode...probably 12 episodes...60 minutes of content? Not a lot of actual mountains one can scale in such a time frame.

Cute character designs. Will check out if I have extra time.

Mura 2012-12-27 12:49

Crunchyroll announcement

Chiaki_chan 2012-12-27 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by winhlp32 (Post 4461134)
5 minutes per episode...probably 12 episodes...60 minutes of content? Not a lot of actual mountains one can scale in such a time frame.

Cute character designs. Will check out if I have extra time.

What??? this also anime every episode lasts no longer than 5 minutes???
:twitch:

Dark Wing 2012-12-27 23:44

So cute lesbian school girls doing cute things while Mountain Climbing...

Insert Broke-back Mountain joke here -> <-

Shame about the 5 minute thing though I understand the studio don't want to take a risk on a new project like this but maybe if it's well received we might get a new season but with full episodes.

Chiaki_chan 2012-12-28 01:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Wing (Post 4491829)
So cute lesbian school girls doing cute things while Mountain Climbing...

Insert Broke-back Mountain joke here -> <-

Shame about the 5 minute thing though I understand the studio don't want to take a risk on a new project like this but maybe if it's well received we might get a new season but with full episodes.

I hope so .. and lol why you say "So cute lesbian school girls doing cute things while Mountain Climbing..." the girls is "yuri" ?? :eyespin:

Dark Wing 2012-12-30 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan (Post 4491942)
I hope so .. and lol why you say "So cute lesbian school girls doing cute things while Mountain Climbing..." the girls is "yuri" ?? :eyespin:

Well the preview didn't really try to be the lest but sublime when showing how close the two main girl are to one another so I expect some yuri undertones at lest.

totoum 2012-12-30 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Wing (Post 4491829)

There's also the fact that it seems like there's only one volume of content available so there's isn't enough source material for a full one cour season.

Dark Wing 2012-12-30 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 4494467)
There's also the fact that it seems like there's only one volume of content available so there's isn't enough source material for a full one cour season.

Didn't know that but I guess its a good thing the studio decided not to do something like adding in anime original just to fill space seeing how that rarely works out well.

sky black swordman 2012-12-30 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Wing (Post 4494624)
Didn't know that but I guess its a good thing the studio decided not to do something like adding in anime original just to fill space seeing how that rarely works out well.

No kidding.:nod: