AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Haruhi Suzumiya (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Episode 25 Discussion / Poll [2006 TV ep. 1] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=31023)

xris 2006-04-13 07:10

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Episode 25 Discussion / Poll [2006 TV ep. 1]

Welcome to the discussion thread for Suzumiya Haruhi (also know as The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya).

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Novel or Manga out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Novel / Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=Kyon]Kyon is just a nickname.[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for Kyon:

Yashiro 2006-04-13 08:04

Perfect 10 from me. It was funny, original, and VERY entertaining. I absolutely loved it.

DannoHung 2006-04-13 08:06

You can't rate genius!

Keitarou 2006-04-13 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannoHung
You can't rate genius!

True, true. The first episode was a stroke of genius.

I'm still going to vote a 10 because of that. :)

Seen that episode four times, once with a friend, and couldn't stop myself from laughing every time. Starting the show in this way is simply brilliant. It has to be one of the most unique, if not the most unique, first episode I've seen and I can't even point out all of the genuine things in it.

Spoiler:

BrokenWingz 2006-04-13 10:54

I gave it a 9, it was definitely genius thought it wouldve been easier to grasp the ep if i had saw ep 2 beforehand.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

rainz 2006-04-13 10:56

The attention to "detail" is amazing in the episode. For example...

Notice how she moves her hand down for cover between the shots and also blushes. Amazing detail for something that lasts for like 0.5 second.

...and no, I didn't notice this purely because I rewinded to watch the panty shot many times. *cough*

And I'm still unsure about what caused the blue screen in the changing scene. As far as I know, those usually occur when you rewind the tape and shoot over something... which means that he might really have record something... hmm...

RedFrame 2006-04-13 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainz
...and no, I didn't notice this purely because I rewinded to watch the panty shot many times. *cough*

hmmm......:innocent:

ok ! Back to suzumiya...
the battle bg music somehow sound like snes FF battle music.Something that make me laugh all the way through the mikuru battle:heh:

~rin rin rin magical rin rin~

Xellos-_^ 2006-04-13 13:03

didn't like the eps at the beignning and even after i figureout it was movie i still didn't know what to think of it. but after watching ep2 and i re-watch ep1 and it make a lot more sense and much more funny.

Shadowscar 2006-04-13 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
didn't like the eps at the beignning and even after i figureout it was movie i still didn't know what to think of it. but after watching ep2 and i re-watch ep1 and it make a lot more sense and much more funny.

I was pretty much the same way as you i actually fell asleep watching the first episode the first time i was quite bored with it, but the second episode totally reclaimed my excitement for this series, as well as the ending and the intro just kick ass

i had to vote a 3 for this episode though cause i could not stay awake :(

Shinji103 2006-04-13 13:17

You all do know that this "first episode" is actually episode 0, right? It was officially announced as episode 0 (just because afk called it episode 1 doesn't mean it is, they aren't the company making it). I believe it's even getting its own DVD. The "second" episode is the actual first episode.

10 all the way, baby. :D

Woland 2006-04-13 13:39

Rating this one is hard, expecialy because I think (like others said) it would incease his value one episode after another (and I can't wait for the eventual "making-of").

Said that I must agree with...
Quote:

You can't rate genius!

Very true! :D

Shirobane 2006-04-13 14:12

Quote:

You can't rate genius!

Since I've voted too high on the ep 2 poll, I'm gonna be agreeing with you :p
But I'd rate Genius as eleventy-million :D

melange 2006-04-13 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinji103
You all do know that this "first episode" is actually episode 0, right? It was officially announced as episode 0 (just because afk called it episode 1 doesn't mean it is, they aren't the company making it). I believe it's even getting its own DVD. The "second" episode is the actual first episode.

10 all the way, baby. :D

It depends on whether you want to follow Haruhi's definition or Kyon's definition... I side with Haruhi! :D And this will definitely win the festival prize!!!

Kaoru Chujo 2006-04-13 16:36

The episodes are 01 and 02, not 00 and 01. Confirm that on this page of the SOS-dan site. The movie-within-an-anime was episode 00 of Mikuru's Adventure. Original Japanese files on WinNY are also numbered 01 and 02. This is the only thing for which we need not take Haruhi's word.

I gave this first episode a perfect ten. This is the only episode of anything I have ever given that score to in an AS poll. As good as episode 2 is, it does not reach the heights of this all-time-classic episode.

Adigard 2006-04-13 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainz
And I'm still unsure about what caused the blue screen in the changing scene. As far as I know, those usually occur when you rewind the tape and shoot over something... which means that he might really have record something... hmm...

I didn't even think about that... but I guess we'll find out during the "making of" Ep (or the folks who have read the novels can let us know). ^^

sophismata 2006-04-13 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
I gave this first episode a perfect ten. This is the only episode of anything I have ever given that score to in an AS poll. As good as episode 2 is, it does not reach the heights of this all-time-classic episode.

I'm similar; I believe that 10 is a perfect rating, and since nothing is perfect, 9 is the highest I normally rate things.

This was perfect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by melange
It depends on whether you want to follow Haruhi's definition or Kyon's definition... I side with Haruhi! :D And this will definitely win the festival prize!!!

Kyon is, of course, correct in both matters. Suzumiya may be enthusiastic, but Kyon is realistic.

melange 2006-04-13 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophismata
Kyon is, of course, correct in both matters. Suzumiya may be enthusiastic, but Kyon is realistic.

Realism doesn't matter if reality can be changed. DUN DUN DUN DUN :D

:uhoh: :heh:

sophismata 2006-04-13 23:29

Quote:

You win... for now...

monir 2006-04-14 00:34

Quote:

:uhoh: :heh:

To be on the fair side of things, inspiration for the change will have to come from none other than Kyon in one of his random observation no matter how little of a potato he is considered by Haruhi, i.e. the inspiration for S.O.S dan. :)

Maids! Maids! Maids! 2006-04-14 01:12

I gave it a ten. After watching the first episode, I realized I hadn't been so excited about seeing the next since Misato first promised "lots of fanservice" during a preview of Evangelion.