AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Forum & Site Feedback (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Have an option to tell which anime/manga people's avatars or sigs are from (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=90284)

Calca 2010-01-01 23:47

Have an option to tell which anime/manga people's avatars or sigs are from

That way when someone sees something that intriges them in an avatar or sig, they can go to a profile or to the sig itself to see where it is from instead of PMing the guy or asking on the identification thread.

SeijiSensei 2010-01-02 00:14

I've thought from time to time that it would be nice to allow custom text that would appear when you mouse over the avatar. Currently it simply reads "SeijiSensei's avatar." That avoids adding any text below the picture while still allowing people to designate the source or meaning of an avatar as Streetor suggests.

Solace 2010-01-02 02:32

Not a bad idea, but often even the people who make or have those signatures/avatars do not know the source. So the information could be incorrect or misleading. It is currently possible to create "floating text" for signatures and people can use that, as well as text with the signature stating where it is from. However avatars currently do not have that function, as Sensei points out.

-KarumA- 2010-01-02 12:30

Not a bad idea but I also think that leaving a profile message asking is not that much work D:

Vexx 2010-01-03 17:20

I get asked who/what my avatar is so often, I just periodically post it in my profile.... hmmm, time to post it again I suppose.

felix 2010-01-03 17:26

You could write it in your signature.

But is her name not "Tomoko Spontaneity" as your title suggests?

RadiantBeam 2010-01-03 23:18

I don't see the point of such an option, myself. It isn't that hard to leave a VM asking who the character in your sig/avatar is.

Kafriel 2010-01-04 03:25

There's always the custom title for avatars and sigs with images get two lines of text...dunno of any anime or manga with that long a name.

DragoZERO 2010-01-07 15:52

This is actually pretty simple. Just add a profile field, like the PC Configuration & Currently Watching and title it About My Avatar & Signature and the user can just enter where their avatar and signature is from, should they choose.

Sophie 2010-01-08 19:08

Don't think it's really relevant how simple it is, regarding whether it will be done or not.
Already know our staff is very experienced and know what they're doing.

It's more the fact that they might not want to. And personally I don't see a reason to follow through with this suggestion. If you want to know the source of people's sets just ask them.

Either that or you could use a generic "Where's your set from?" thread.

Vexx 2010-01-11 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cats (Post 2851535)
You could write it in your signature.

But is her name not "Tomoko Spontaneity" as your title suggests?

Her name is actually Fujinami Tomoko (Canvas 2). The "spontaneity" just refers to her personality dynamic in the game the series was based on.

Having the avatar link to some on-site page where descriptions could exist would actually be kind of neat... or a mouse-over text that the use could tailor.

Failing that... the current configuration links to the user's profile. Adding a descriptive field that would STAY on the user's profile homepage would be nice as users could put the character description there (or whatever little introductory bit they wanted). Putting a descrip on the visitor message panel wanders off after a while.

Calca 2010-05-14 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexx (Post 2863052)
Her name is actually Fujinami Tomoko (Canvas 2). The "spontaneity" just refers to her personality dynamic in the game the series was based on.

Having the avatar link to some on-site page where descriptions could exist would actually be kind of neat... or a mouse-over text that the use could tailor.

Failing that... the current configuration links to the user's profile. Adding a descriptive field that would STAY on the user's profile homepage would be nice as users could put the character description there (or whatever little introductory bit they wanted). Putting a descrip on the visitor message panel wanders off after a while.

Agreed. So....ya I haven't given up on my idea

felix 2010-05-14 23:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Streetor (Post 3048660)
Agreed. So....ya I haven't given up on my idea

Well,

Click yo' name > Create Album 'Avatars' > Add avatar
Its a extra click away from what you're suggesting but you get more bang that way (by having all your avatars there).

You can check my profile for a example...

Calca 2010-09-04 23:11

All the new avatars that people have want me to suggest this again

RadiantBeam 2010-09-04 23:43

And I still personally don't see why an option for it is needed. :heh: What's the trouble in leaving a VM or a PM asking that person about the avatar they're using?

felix 2010-09-05 03:45

Unless the option is really in your face people will still be clueless. Also, what do you do when the avatar is unidentifiable? :heh:

Kudryavka 2010-09-05 07:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Streetor (Post 3229131)
All the new avatars that people have want me to suggest this again

Your idea is nice, and I'd like for a customizable hover text over our sigs. :cool: Don't think we'll get it though, this is an old thread.

felix 2010-09-05 13:04

Komari, try hovering over mine. :heh: And for the record, I have had it for a very very long time.

Kudryavka 2010-09-05 23:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by felix (Post 3229969)
Komari, try hovering over mine. :heh: And for the record, I have had it for a very very long time.

I dunno how you did that, but I am impressed. :heh:

Solace 2010-09-06 00:40

If you've uploaded your signature to AS, just use [SIGPIC]Insert text here[/SIGPIC]