AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imoto ga Iru! (Light Novels) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=109829)

MisaoFan 2012-01-22 06:27

Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imoto ga Iru! (Light Novels)

http://www.mediafactory.co.jp/bunkoj...opvisual03.jpg

Author : Hajime Taguchi
Illustrator : CUTEG
Plot summary : The story centers around Shōgo Mikadono, the son of an industrial magnate named Kumagorō Mikadono who passed away. As a final wish, Kumagorō gave Shōgo a condition before Shōgo can inherit the family legacy — find a female mate at school. Shōgo transfers into a school to fulfill that condition. However, he learns that he has a younger sister who was separated at birth. He does not know what his long-lost sister looks like, but she happens to be one of the students at his new school.

Note : Taguchi launched the light novel series last year, and the fifth volume shipped in August. Mottun* has been adapting the light novel series into a manga (with the subtitle Who is Imouto?) in Media Factory's Monthly Comic Alive magazine since May.

Warning : This thread contains spoilers ! If you haven't read these spoilers, don't check it until you read the novel (or the manga) it once !

shishio 2012-01-22 08:19

Sounds like Princess Lover x oreimo kinda setting. I wonder what the story will entail.

surerman 2012-01-22 08:21

is it okay if I put a little teaser?
if not..here

I want this thread to have many visitor too:D

Athena 2012-01-22 09:15

Sounds like a Princess Lover and AyuMayu crossover...

Gotta check it soon...

sandhy88 2012-01-22 10:17

I don't like this kind of LN. Why must the sister hide her identity. It's like prank to me. And it's not the kind of prank that can make the MC laugh.

starlol 2012-01-22 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandhy88 (Post 3962185)
I don't like this kind of LN. Why must the sister hide her identity. It's like prank to me. And it's not the kind of prank that can make the MC laugh.

Spoiler for Light Novel Volume 1 , not really sure is it a spoiler but not a big one if it is:

Might be wrong since i only read the first volume.

sandhy88 2012-01-22 11:20

If her existence is not suppose to be known, why is she revealed now? After the MC inherit the group. I see it like she want to take advance of her status as illegitimate child to get fortune out of MC.

Suiri Megami Alice 2012-01-24 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandhy88 (Post 3962279)
If her existence is not suppose to be known, why is she revealed now? After the MC inherit the group. I see it like she want to take advance of her status as illegitimate child to get fortune out of MC.

Spoiler for blah:

Kirito 2012-02-25 07:16

An anime adaptation had just been announced not to long ago, can't wait. I'm reading the manga version and the story and the characters look really awesome.

The mystery aspect of this story is really what is drawing me in and making me interested to know who his sister is, and if we've encountered her yet. The heroines look really unique and I'm interested to see why they love the protagonist for each of their respective reasons.

Oh yes, chapter 2 of the manga has just been released.

Athena 2012-02-25 08:56

I read the first 5 novels till now...I think I like it. Though the only complaint I have is that the LN illustrations aren't enough during critical situations.

Athena 2012-02-25 14:24

Spoiler for :

Kirito 2012-02-25 15:01

It's kind of like an Amagami or Yosuga no Sora scenario, but reversed?

SoFarGone 2012-02-25 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 (Post 4025216)
Spoiler for :

Spoiler for ?:

Kleeyook 2012-02-26 02:38

What!? Does he have multiple blood-related sisters he didn't know!? Is this supposed to be like Sister Princesses!?

Kirito 2012-02-26 03:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 (Post 4024866)
I read the first 5 novels till now...I think I like it. Though the only complaint I have is that the LN illustrations aren't enough during critical situations.

Do you have plans to write novel summaries for this series. I'm just asking because you read the novels and I really want to get a good gist of what's going on, and this series looks amazing.

I won't force you but I'm just asking out of curiousity.

Flames 2012-02-26 06:44

Is this really an incest light novel/manga or something else is going on here that we don't know about regarding the MC so called sister. If his sister does indeed turn out to be someone who was adopted who assumed she was blood related to the main character or something then It makes what the MC sister is doing pointless.

Kirito 2012-02-26 07:14

Well I skimmed through the novels raw and discovered that one of the girls is a childhood friend of the protagonist. I also think that the other girls are connected to him in someway, either through family, or coincidence.

Athena 2012-02-26 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deikan (Post 4025264)
It's kind of like an Amagami or Yosuga no Sora scenario, but reversed?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoFarGone (Post 4025563)
Spoiler for ?:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kleeyook (Post 4026153)
What!? Does he have multiple blood-related sisters he didn't know!? Is this supposed to be like Sister Princesses!?

Spoiler for Answer:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deikan (Post 4026177)
Do you have plans to write novel summaries for this series. I'm just asking because you read the novels and I really want to get a good gist of what's going on, and this series looks amazing.

I won't force you but I'm just asking out of curiousity.

I already started translating the prologue, but I will probably not translate all. Maybe summaries, who knows? (Just remembered that I will have to do R-K-B's too.)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flames (Post 4026495)
Is this really an incest light novel/manga or something else is going on here that we don't know about regarding the MC so called sister. If his sister does indeed turn out to be someone who was adopted who assumed she was blood related to the main character or something then It makes what the MC sister is doing pointless.

Actually, it's Technically not incest, since we don't still know WTH is the sister. Though the Shohgo wants to know who she is, since he needs to find a mate, and want to NOT puck her.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deikan (Post 4026562)
Well I skimmed through the novels raw and discovered that one of the girls is a childhood friend of the protagonist. I also think that the other girls are connected to him in someway, either through family, or coincidence.

You are right for the childhood. As for the other girls connected, it's the case for some.

I wrote a short review on B-T's blog (http://www.baka-tsuki.org/blog/?p=486). Though in there I mentioned that the incest part was getting further than other novels, I only read V1 at that time and was what I thought. It is only a "one-sided-incest", since only the lil' sis wants to marry her brother.

Kirito 2012-02-26 17:51

@KiRa08o2 if you plan to do summaries anytime soon just let me know.

Kleeyook 2012-02-26 18:20

I think the manga RAW already reached ch 5 but the English scanlation only has up to ch 2. Still a lot to keep up.