AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Seti (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=12914)

wazzup 2004-05-03 03:40

Seti

hey guys whats SETI???

Rhia 2004-05-03 03:51

Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence..
thats what it means..

socomberetta 2004-05-03 03:59

What will really blow your mind, is that SETI recently received some sort of message from somewhere in Alpha_Centauri, and theyve decoded it.

Here's the gist of the message:

"We are the Krollians. We are in need of carbon based life forms for food. We find that your planet is inhabited by carbon based life forms, and we are on our way to eat you."

Man, thats scary.

Rhia 2004-05-03 04:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by socomberetta
What will really blow your mind, is that SETI recently received some sort of message from somewhere in Alpha_Centauri, and theyve decoded it.

"We are the Krollians. We are in need of carbon based life forms for food. We find that your planet is inhabited by carbon based life forms, and we are on our way to eat you."

Man, thats scary.

Thats a joke right???

Palani 2004-05-03 04:19

Yes that's a joke. The only thing that SETI has received is some noise that could be interpeted as a message but is most likely random atmospherical noise.

Loximaxus 2004-05-03 04:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palani
Yes that's a joke. The only thing that SETI has received is some noise that could be interpeted as a message but is most likely random atmospherical noise.

I've heard about stuff like that.
They claim they could hear the echo of The Big Bang. That sounds quite amazing :D

ato 2004-05-03 06:48

And for those to lazy to google, here is the link to the SETI institute. If you would happen to be interested in that kind of thing, there is a way you can get involved - Check out the SETI@home project :)

Sid_Burn 2004-05-03 09:45

Quote:

Man, thats scary.

If that is true... then... aliens does exist! I must warn the MJ12...

SirJeannot 2004-05-03 10:02

2157945 / 4980486

w00t, way to go, the last unit i send was 2 years ago :D
i've begun again with this thread :D

Rhia 2004-05-03 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palani

but space is a vaccum so sound cant pass though it..

krel 2004-05-03 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhia
but space is a vaccum so sound cant pass though it..

lol he's not talking about sound waves.

Dopeskills 2004-05-03 12:05

SETI = stupidest waste of clockcycles and bandwidth ever.

Lexander 2004-05-03 12:20

OHHHHH NOE's ALIeNIANS Et 12 O"clock!

SirJeannot 2004-05-03 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dopeskills

nope, it keeps my cpu busy so my room is always at 25°C :D :p

Shii 2004-05-03 14:33

Quote:

Aliens = :cool:

mantidor 2004-05-03 19:56

Quote:

:heh:

Actually I think that the SETI proyect is a very important one. It can be seen as a waste of time, but if it's succesful then it will become the most important proyect in the history of human race, I think is worth the waste of time :)

aahhsin 2004-05-03 20:12

Quote:

Man, thats scary.

Hah! I'll eat them before they eat me. We humans have pretty much ate every single animal that walked this earth. A couple of aliens will do well to fit into our diet. They might be filled with protein. And since they need food they must be starving and weak. Low fat, easy prey, and most likely delicious.

Sakaki 2004-05-03 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by aahhsin
Hah! I'll eat them before they eat me. We humans have pretty much ate every single animal that walked this earth. A couple of aliens will do well to fit into our diet. They might be filled with protein. And since they need food they must be starving and weak. Low fat, easy prey, and most likely delicious.

The might even be a plant based life form, and therefor very healthfull.

(That reminds me of the Futurama ep. where they were eating the ailen young like chicken nugets)

And when I first started reading socomberetta's post I was almost expecting an "All your bases are belonging to us" joke.