AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 15 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=61096)

Nanaya 2008-01-20 05:05

Quote:

And the greatest fallacy I can find in this episode; why, if they predicted they were going to get pWned, did the Meisters go on this suicide mission at all?
Like what Tieria said before this episode, even if that was the case, they still had to go. They're people who have too much faith in Celestial Being's doctrines to give up on it just because they felt like it. Even if it was an obvious trap, their pride is what forced them into this battle.

Ascaloth 2008-01-20 05:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 1352109)
is not just survival, is basic instinct of a soldier when being shot under heavy fire.....

Same difference. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanaya (Post 1352110)
Like what Tieria said before this episode, even if that was the case, they still had to go. They're people who have too much faith in Celestial Being's doctrines to give up on it just because they felt like it. Even if it was an obvious trap, their pride is what forced them into this battle.

Well, that too, yeah....I'm still thinking the real reason is that it's a gambit for the entry of the Trinity, though. ;)

Duo Maxwell 2008-01-20 05:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papaya (Post 1352105)
Exia was protecting Virtue at the beginning, but by the end, he was cowering under Virtue's force field.

If the missiles don't actually track the Gundam, that's even dumber. Just fly up. They're not going to change trajectory if they're not homing.

If you can't dodge the first wave, there is no way you can move. I wonder do you realize how much missile/bullet/bomb they throw at the Gundam? There is not even single second for the Gundam Meister to move.

Nanaya 2008-01-20 05:09

Quote:

If the missiles don't actually track the Gundam, that's even dumber. Just fly up. They're not going to change trajectory if they're not homing.
You know what happened to Kyrios and Dynames when they went up in the sky? They got shot down by massive amounts of grunt Hellions.

To add, most of the the sky is peppered with missiles and bombs while the ground is pelted with cannon fire.

duotiga 2008-01-20 05:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ascaloth (Post 1352114)
Same difference. :p

i just reemphasised with a simpler term :P unless you wanted to become a"hero" & flank across the heavy fire :eyespin:

Ascaloth 2008-01-20 05:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 1352120)
i just reemphasised with a simpler term :P unless you wanted to become a"hero" & flank across the heavy fire :eyespin:

And if I do? :p (J/K)

duotiga 2008-01-20 05:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ascaloth (Post 1352129)
And if I do? (J/K)

:bow: for your "stupidity" :p but if manage to get the purple medal i :eek:

LightningZERO 2008-01-20 05:23

I just realize that the bombing attack was a very risky move for the superpower. Their plan was to capture the Gundams right? With all those missiles they spam (how much they spent on it anyway) and MSs sent out, it's a miracle that the Gundams survive without any real damage. As far as the series shows, the Gundams' armor (exclude the shields) are not that special, maybe a bit more durable, but what if all Gundams are destroyed by the bombing and no parts are recoverable? Big lose

Papaya 2008-01-20 05:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by EXEs (Post 1352108)
@ Papaya. If you actually watch closely enough, you bloody twit, you will see that about half of Lockon's shots miss, even against Grunts, thus he doesn't have Seed Kira sniping. Also, the reason why his sniping is good is because he himself, not the Mobile Suit, can actually snipe very well.
Also, one long range Tieren may not be able to hit Exia, but when you have, say, a dozen, then I am confident that at least a few will hit, because Setsuna cannot see all of them at the same time and react fast enough, unlike the pilots in Gundam Seed.
And like I said, is it even possible to dodge 500 missiles coming at you, if you were a human controlling a mobile suit?

Keep the name-calling out of here.

Like it or not, Lockon's hits selectively miss depending on whether or not the plot calls for it. I'm pretty sure that if he can chain hits like he did while sniping during Haro's air flips, then he can off some MS here. Anyways, Lockon isn't at issue here, since his role is probably the only one portrayed realistically in this episode.

You're confident that long-range guns with a small explosion radius can hit a full-speed Exia? Evidence? Rather, does Exia even need to see them to dodge them?

Dodging 500 non-seeking missiles is as easy as flying up. Like I said, if the missiles are argued as being non-seeking and fired in a spreading pattern to cover ground, all you need to do is fly up and above to avoid all of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell (Post 1352116)
If you can't dodge the first wave, there is no way you can move. I wonder do you realize how much missile/bullet/bomb they throw at the Gundam? There is not even single second for the Gundam Meister to move.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanaya (Post 1352118)
You know what happened to Kyrios and Dynames when they went up in the sky? They got shot down by massive amounts of grunt Hellions.

To add, most of the the sky is peppered with missiles and bombs while the ground is pelted with cannon fire.

Number of Hellions seen engaging Virtue or Exia... ? The different superpowers clearly partitioned amongst themselves in dealing with the Gundams. You don't see Lockon shooting any Tieren, for example. Again, it's funny, because Kyrios' power output is clearly loads above a Tieren's (reference the episode where Kyrios Supermans the runaway HRL block), yet they get knocked out of the sky so easily when the plot calls for them to be beat up.

Again, I'm not saying that it's dumb that the Gundams are getting beat up a bit this episode. I'm all for that. I'm just saying that the way it was portrayed was extremely illogical and extremely flawed.

Apparently the combined arms of the entire world failed to put a scratch in Exia before Ali's Agrissa got there and sat his fat ass on him, so sorry, no, I don't see why the hell Exia couldn't have moved away.

Why do you guys compare Gundams to people anyways? Gundams aren't people. They're machines. I'm pretty sure that if you're in a tank, and you're getting shelled, you'd want to get the hell out, not sit there and take it--especially when your armor can handle the hits anyways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 1352138)
I just realize that the bombing attack was a very risky move for the superpower. Their plan was to capture the Gundams right? With all those missiles they spam (how much they spent on it anyway) and MSs sent out, it's a miracle that the Gundams survive without any real damage. As far as the series shows, the Gundams' armor (exclude the shields) are not that special, maybe a bit more durable, but what if all Gundams are destroyed by the bombing and no parts are recoverable? Big lose

This is what you call a "plot hole".

Double_Edge 2008-01-20 05:54

I love the fights in this series. They really know how to get down!! I love how Patrick and Ali ram into people. it looks tight.

I just skimmed it but this looks like an intense episode. Can;t wait for the sub.

Lockon was slacking in this episode. I bet he could have sniped Soma and her crew from the trench him and Allelujah were chillin in. Also, I can understand how he missed the shots at Patrick when he was airborne, but how hard can it be to nail someone when they're basically going through a tunnel?!

DJ_RockmanX 2008-01-20 06:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double_Edge (Post 1352169)
Lockon was slacking in this episode. I bet he could have sniped Soma and her crew from the trench him and Allelujah were chillin in. Also, I can understand how he missed the shots at Patrick when he was airborne, but how hard can it be to nail someone when they're basically going through a tunnel?!

I assume you're talking about Graham's closing in on Dynames. I'd love to see anyone else try midrange sniping an incoming bogey after countless hours of bombardment from a horde of other guys. :uhoh:

Nanaya 2008-01-20 06:01

Quote:

Apparently the combined arms of the entire world failed to put a scratch in Exia before Ali's Agrissa got there and sat his fat ass on him, so sorry, no, I don't see why the hell Exia couldn't have moved away.
The Exia not getting scratched isn't the same as Setsuna not getting fatigued and shaken to his core by several hours of barrage fire. Exia will (all Gundams) have shown that if you hit them, they will be pushed back even if damage is negligible to the Gundam. When that happens, the pilot is rocked.

Quote:

You're confident that long-range guns with a small explosion radius can hit a full-speed Exia? Evidence? Rather, does Exia even need to see them to dodge them?
LOTS of long range guns. With lots of artillery rounds. With lots of missiles. With carpet bombing. With Hellions waiting up in the sky to bring them back down on the ground.

You cannot dodge all that.

Quote:

Dodging 500 non-seeking missiles is as easy as flying up. Like I said, if the missiles are argued as being non-seeking and fired in a spreading pattern to cover ground, all you need to do is fly up and above to avoid all of them.
If it's a rain, no, they can't. In this case, it is a typhoon. Flying up also makes them easy targets for not only missiles but bombing runs and artillery. Kamikaze Hellions would just knock them down again.

Quote:

I just realize that the bombing attack was a very risky move for the superpower.
Yes, it was quite risky, but the tradeoff of the Gundams being destroyed is that CB would have been annihilated. At this point in time, they only know that 4 units exist. It's still a win-win for the power blocs.

Quote:

but how hard can it be to nail someone when they're basically going through a tunnel?!
When the target is traveling at full speed and your fingertips are basically numbed to even respond properly.

Papaya 2008-01-20 06:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX (Post 1352177)
I assume you're talking about Graham's closing in on Dynames. I'd love to see anyone else try midrange sniping an incoming bogey after countless hours of bombardment from a horde of other guys. :uhoh:

Oh come on. Now this is just getting ridiculous. He raped the other guy that flew in.
The ONLY reason he didn't snipe Graham was because Graham is badass, and it'd be stupid for him to die right now. Plus, ramming is mad 1337 h4xx0r, and it provided for one of the best scenes in the episode.

Any other explanation is digging into something that doesn't exist.

Chase 2008-01-20 06:04

my goodness, at some of these types of complaints, some of you might wanna stop watching it or should have 10 episodes ago by your standards. The series can be predictable, but almost every series involving fighting basically is, not making a excuse either way but if your looking for a super huge plot thats going to stun you and the audience at every turn. You should have stopped watching a long time ago cuz no gundam series has been successful as far as im concerned.............NONE. Then again, your standards are really screwed up if even remotely use SEED or Destiny as an example in this equation. Im not saying your shouldnt complain cuz i have already, but lets be a little more reasonable here in some of your scenarios, complaining more than your enjoying=stop watching it please, its like your punishing yourself for nothing. Anyways, overall, it was a good episode. Cant wait to see the thrones in action.:)

Ascaloth 2008-01-20 06:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papaya (Post 1352164)
Number of Hellions seen engaging Virtue or Exia... ?

At least 3, though for all I know they could be Realdos; same difference. There were at least 3 in the sky in one scene where Tieria shoots at (and misses) them hovering in the sky. And just because they were the only ones seen mean they were the only ones that were there.

DJ_RockmanX 2008-01-20 06:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papaya (Post 1352181)
Oh come on. Now this is just getting ridiculous. He raped the other guy that flew in.
The ONLY reason he didn't snipe Graham was because Graham is badass, and it'd be stupid for him to die right now. Plus, ramming is mad 1337 h4xx0r, and it provided for one of the best scenes in the episode.

Any other explanation is digging into something that doesn't exist.

Graham did it right, he came up from the front (plot shield included), and brought down Dynames with a tackle.

GG Joshua took Dynames from the side, thinking that Dynames couldn't react accordingly.

Duo Maxwell 2008-01-20 06:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papaya (Post 1352181)

Because Joshua is stupid. He stood there to get shot, while Graham fly straight at Dynames at full speed.

Papaya 2008-01-20 06:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase (Post 1352184)
my goodness, at some of these types of complaints, some of you might wanna stop watching it or should have 10 episodes ago by your standards. The series can be predictable, but almost every series involving fighting basically is, not making a excuse either way but if your looking for a super huge plot thats going to stun you and the audience at every turn. You should have stopped watching a long time ago cuz no gundam series has been successful as far as im concerned.............NONE. Then again, your standards are really screwed up if even remotely use SEED or Destiny as an example in this equation. Im not saying your shouldnt complain cuz i have already, but lets be a little more reasonable here, complaining more than your enjoying=stop watching it please, its like your punishing yourself for nothing. Anyways, overall, it was a good episode. Cant wait to see the thrones in action.:)

"Oh noez, critique! GTFO my Gundam thread!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell (Post 1352187)
Because Joshua is stupid. He stood there to get shot, while Graham fly straight at Dynames at full speed.

Pretty sure flying straight in a canyon at a sniper is stupid too. It's badass though, and it made for a cool scene, so I'm not complaining about that.

Mihaeru Trinity 2008-01-20 06:11

well R.I.P Joshua (LOSER) well i guess ali's new thingy on his enact did not stand a chance againts the thrones fire power lol, even though he got got caught of guard. im just hoping that patrick can get out of the way, when the thrones attack, like he will stand a chance.

DJ_RockmanX 2008-01-20 06:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papaya (Post 1352189)
Pretty sure flying straight in a canyon at a sniper is stupid too. It's badass though, and it made for a cool scene, so I'm not complaining about that.

Stupid and lacking common sense yes, but still better than becoming a stationary target at point blank range like Mr. GG.