AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Shana (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 4 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=56775)

Pellissier 2007-10-25 07:18

Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 4 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Shakugan no Shana II, Episode 4.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Nightengale 2007-10-25 13:31

Definitely one of the more awkward episodes Shana episodes, in more ways than one.

Though if Konoe is really Bal Masque's plan, it's definitely working well. On the hindsight... :uhoh:

And... possibly volume 9 reenacted in the next episode? (( I spoiled myself. >_< ))

ashlay 2007-10-25 13:51

stuff like this is my bread and butter in SnS. definitely deserves a solid 9.

well, they have a lot of fun playing around with their new triangle...err, square, this week. Shana and Yoshida both end up completely detached from Yuji by the end of episode, but in the end it ends up being because they're both completely thick headed dolts. also amazed how much it still hurts when Shana screws up this badly; felt terrible for the poor girl as she looks behind her and Yuji wasn't there. I mean Alastor could have said something, but noooo.

Yuji himself wasn't too bright this week. After being fairly intelligent about keeping Shana and Yoshida happy with the lunches back in episode 2, he gives Yoshida's lunchbox to Konoe without even asking. (at least Ogata reminds him -_-) I somewhat wonder if Konoe had asked for Shana's lunch first if Yuji would have given it without asking. Still, seems pretty clear to me that Yuji just views Konoe as a little sister of sorts, and if Yoshida and Shana would just be clear with him about their worries, they wouldn't even have this misunderstanding. >_< Also feels like Yuji realized something about Konoe...but he's being extremely naive if he did. oh, and thought it was amusing that despite the fact Yuji is supposed to be ridiculously powerful at this point, he still ends up being worthless (matrix dodges Shana's stick only to get wacked on the knuckles. :heh:)

anyway, I thought that Shana and Yoshida would actually team up a little because of all this, help each other out of the rut and what not, but seems like that might be a bit much to hope for. Seems like it's up to Chigusa to get Shana to stop being so stupid and be a little honest with Yuji next week.

Rembr 2007-10-25 14:00

Bakate, stay! Stay! Staaaaaaaaay.....

World's balance, anyone? Does anyone care about world balance anymore?

Aaaaaand next episode, "Family Dinner."

Fuck yeah! Now that's an episode title!

Phoenix14 2007-10-25 16:22

*Waits for Yuji to get badass powers*

Yuji's a BAMF.

Wavedash 2007-10-25 17:07

An average episode, but I loved seeing the competition in the restaurant. Why don't we see more humor from Satou? It certainly adds more dimension than his normal sullen self.

Konoe could be clinically retarded...perhaps it's a lingering effect of being humanized from Hecate? (total speculation)

Kang Seung Jae 2007-10-25 18:39

Konoe love :D

Also, the Yuji + Konoe evening scene was fantastic!!

anselfir 2007-10-25 20:11

Hecate Is Love

Freeter 2007-10-25 23:17

Konoe = win.

Yoshida + Shana + melonpan = SUPER WIN.

"Kurosuzo, Konoe" :cool:

ashlay 2007-10-25 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeter (Post 1220844)
Konoe = win.

Yoshida + Shana + melonpan = SUPER WIN.

"Kurosuzo, Konoe" :cool:

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking of lines from Shana-tan version Yoshida while watching this season...

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/6...1bcdly0.th.jpg
:uhoh:

serenade_beta 2007-10-26 01:43

A nice, enjoyable episode.

Lots of Fumina, lots of jealousy.

Yuuji was just plain funny in this episode, in a good and funny way. He spends so much time with Fumina, and he even gives her his lunch which was from Shana and Kazumi. Of course, the result is that Kazumi and Shana start avoiding him. But he still has Fumina. Oh, and then there is that stare that Yuuji gave Fumina, but then he smiled after she smiled...

Ike gets ditched for Yuuji, though the whole class went "Jii~~~" at Ike when the teacher asked for someone...

Favorite scenes are definitely:
the ones with Fumina and the birds
the ones with Yuuji and Fumina and the birds
Fumina
Fumina's attachment to Yuuji (physically and mentally)
Oh, and Fumina chasing the butterfly and almost falling into the empty pool.

Fumina really seems to have an affinity with birds (and maybe other animals). Enjoyable scenes, those birds and Fumina.

deffusse 2007-10-26 07:33

This ep. is definitely No. one of Second season for me. Lots of fun, lots of Hecate/Konoe, lots of angry Shana, Lots of melonpan, lots of Yoshida....:D It was absolutely great. I just couldn't wait for sub any more. My hypotetic question>>>> Is it posible that Fumina Konoe san is only a pupet, lead by Hecate? She is too suspicious, she ussualy act like an idiot, sometimes i think she has some secret power...... but doesn't matter she very cute, like my beloved Hecate;)

I think, it's no doubt that Konoe is only a trap set by Bal Masqué, to capture Yuugi

arkxkra 2007-10-26 08:36

feel sad when shana so sad. That yuji stil dunno why shana angry, he is so stupid(?)..;). Dunno have chance to see Shana and Yoshida temporary ally... :heh:

HayashiTakara 2007-10-26 10:50

When Shana is sad the world is sad :(

Kinny Riddle 2007-10-26 11:57

This episode is totally original material, but I'm not complaining cause Hecate-lookalike is just too cute. :love:

If this is a visual novel, then Yuji has scored way too many "relationship points" with Hecate and has thus entered "Hecate's Story" permanently, since Shana and Kazumi are drifting away the next morning when Yuji walked to school with her. :heh:

When Kazumi saw Yuji just stared at Hecate at the park, I was half expecting her to hide behind her "Yoshida Exclusive" metal rod and smile evilly, as she has done in the Shana-tan Specials. :D

Just as expected, when a common enemy approaches, even the most bitter rivals have to put aside their differences and work together. To see Shana join Kazumi in the rooftop and having lunch with her, yup, they're gonna come up with a conspiracy to get rid of Hecate-clone next week. :D

Or maybe that isn't even necessary, as we see in the preview, Wilhelmina decides to take matters into her hands and rid the source of Shana's misery - Yuji - again. (Then it could be this part that incorporates parts of vol 9. ) Poor Yuji. :heh:

sapphirearcz 2007-10-26 12:52

Nowwhere near the novels now.. but does anybody think that Yuji might pull up a fight in this season?? not being a weakling anymore

X10A_Freedom 2007-10-26 14:15

That was pretty enjoyable. Although I feel Ike's present yet quite sidelined this season. I wish he had a better role during these slice-of-life episodes.

FlameSparkZ 2007-10-26 17:09

Things don't look good for Shana and Kazumi...:uhoh:

And, is it me, or is Yuuji just amazed on how Konoe resembles Hecate.
That little chain on her wrist still tickles my interest...it must be somekind of Hougu that turns a Tomogara into a human.

serenade_beta 2007-10-26 20:25

Quick update to the website makes me happy :)

Spoiler for episode 5 preview summary:

Great! Stupid Yuuji isn't satisfied with just the park! Now he's...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle (Post 1221732)
Or maybe that isn't even necessary, as we see in the preview, Wilhelmina decides to take matters into her hands and rid the source of Shana's misery - Yuji - again. (Then it could be this part that incorporates parts of vol 9. ) Poor Yuji. :heh:

:(

Looks like that might not be the case. Poor Wilhelmina... (though she's not one of my favorite characters or anything).

Kang Seung Jae 2007-10-26 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 1222308)
Great! Stupid Yuuji isn't satisfied with just the park! Now he's...

If I hadn't thought that Konoe is a possible trap, I would have gone too......