AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Toradora! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Toradora! - Episode 15 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=76841)

Pellissier 2009-01-14 07:18

Toradora! - Episode 15 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Toradora!, Episode 15.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

BetoJR 2009-01-14 07:41

Well, since we're really starting out on the portion of the novels I, for one, am totally unfamiliar with, I hope for the best. This series has been constantly great so far, I wish for it to keep the pace up.

Maybe we'll get some clarification on Kitamura's biz with Sumire?

Peanutbutter 2009-01-14 10:07

Looking forward to new OP and new ED. :D

typhonsentra 2009-01-14 10:16

Are we sure it's going to premiere this episode? I remember someone saying it'd be 14 and that didn't happen.

BetoJR 2009-01-14 11:06

Well, if anything, it's coming up sometime... :D

TwinRivers 2009-01-14 11:09

14 seemed like the prelude to the whole kitamura arc, kinda set the stage for all the madness that is to come.

wistfulloner 2009-01-14 11:44

I'm really hoping for more twists from the norm, in in this case, the novel. Loved how they elegantly put the spin-off and storyline in one episode; hope it continues to surprise us that way, even if it really is gonna follow that Kitamura dilemma.

maxpepper 2009-01-14 12:49

no new op and ed yet :mad:
Great episode yet again. Ya-chan is awesome.
They cut out some Ami scenes and it seems pretty (too much imo) fast paced. Now I gotta wait for the subs -_-

Vexx 2009-01-14 14:00

I suspect the new OP/ED will pop up at the end of this arc (or prior to the final arc).

wistfulloner 2009-01-14 14:08

Sadly, no new OP and ED. Production issues, perhaps?

Rather than being fast-paced or rushed, I felt it downplayed some of the feelings instead, like Ami's haughtiness and Ryuji's anger from the novel. I was hoping for more Ami, so I can see her take on the conflict. But in the purely anime standpoint, it was a good episode, and the thoughts and emotions were conveyed well enough. Oh, and Taiga was at her cutest this episode; especially heart how she cried for the second time for the entire series.

A cut-and paste of the original novel storyline, but trimmed neatly to remove the unnecessary and to bring out the main theme. Excellence.

Deathscyther 2009-01-14 15:09

Can only give this episode a 7/10.

The episode was enjoyable, but they changed some of the best parts of this novel. And not in a good way to be honest. :/

Anyways, I still liked the episode and found Taiga very cute at times:)

ThoHell 2009-01-14 15:10

Ryuuji just doesn't understand Ami at all, instead completely misunderstands her. He still doesn't even know or see the real Ami.......AHHHHHHHHHHHH show needs more Ami! Ryuuji is boring already, give us something new!

Reaper-flora 2009-01-14 17:52

All i can say is: Loved it, Like all others :)

typhonsentra 2009-01-14 19:41

Spoiler:

Darknemo2000 2009-01-14 20:19

typhonsentra, no the record was still ZnT II season last episode where the covered a full book within less than two minutes. Nothing can beat that.

But they really cut a lot of things out, and most of them involving Ami...

Master Assassin 2009-01-14 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by typhonsentra (Post 2161462)
Spoiler:

... Aww crud, so that means there's (almost) no Ami in the entire baseball cage scene? Damn, just when I thought they won't be skipping THAT part! I really wanted to see that... :upset:

Despair ensues.

physics223 2009-01-14 21:06

OMG. I can see the shafting from miles away. ;_;

Ami ... ;_;

typhonsentra 2009-01-14 21:22

Spoiler:

Peanutbutter 2009-01-14 22:47

Woah, seems like quite a bit of novel material was excluded.

Well, in any case, if the cuts are justified and does not differ from what the novel is conveying then it's alright, right?

Nice episode once again. I kinda think that the animators had it easy cause they had a very good story to work on. If this series becomes a considerable success with sales figures to support it, most of the credit should go to the author.

Ryuuji's mum was awesome. :heh: Loved the

Spoiler for Ep 15:

King Lycan 2009-01-14 22:58

Spoiler for Episode 15:

physics223 2009-01-14 23:01

Spoiler:

King Lycan 2009-01-14 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by physics223 (Post 2161751)
Spoiler:

Spoiler for hh:

Darknemo2000 2009-01-14 23:07

Spoiler for shafting:

Voitan 2009-01-14 23:12

Anyone else tickled by the SHEEEEEEEEEER amount of "SHAFTING" and Ami in this thread?

Not I, I'm totally emo and sad now.

Somehow I want to see surprise buttseks hugs from Ryuuji onto Ami. Oh well.

We should demand more Ami from JC.

Led_Zeppelin 2009-01-14 23:37

Hi to all ...

I like the this chapter (especially the crying taiga)...

but the way that ami was erased for this episode... :frustrated:

And there were so good scenes... :(

I hope JCStaff use the Ami`s material to do someting... i don`t know, some filler chapter or someting...

well sorry for my bad english...

typhonsentra 2009-01-14 23:41

They could easily rework the baseball cage material into the school in the next episode. The scene between her and him happened in front of vending machines so it's possible but I wouldn't count on it. Shame too, it was a nice scene.

cloner4000 2009-01-15 00:21

That's what I thought too, I was really looking forward to the Ami scene...

ruote 2009-01-15 01:12

Kitamura is my favorite character on the show
great episode!

wistfulloner 2009-01-15 01:37

Just as I predicted, Kitamura would receive more appreciation from this episode onwards.

ruote 2009-01-15 01:48

he's always been my favorite though
starting from the ep, where we had a flashback of him
confessing to Taiga "I'm Crazy About You!"

wistfulloner 2009-01-15 01:51

I would be advise you to be careful though, lotsa Kitamura haters around here :D

ruote 2009-01-15 01:54

yeah, i noticed that
i was just lurking here before. i don't understand where the hates coming from.
:heh:

Master Assassin 2009-01-15 02:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruote (Post 2162054)
yeah, i noticed that
i was just lurking here before. i don't understand where the hates coming from.
:heh:

Probably those who have read some, if not most, of the novels (including me) and pointed out how Yuusaku is such... a selfish dude? And many other negative remarks about him?

And you're talking with one :heh:

But yeah. Just... argh, I can't find words to describe how "irrational" he was in this episode and pretty much how everyone disliked him...

ruote 2009-01-15 02:13

so i just have to wait and see the rest of the episodes
man, that sure hurt me a bit. well, let's see...
but so far, he hasn't done anything wrong, well IMO

Tyabann 2009-01-15 02:17

I have not heard positive things about this episode on the blogosphere. I, in turn, suspect it has to do with the collective hard-on for Ami everyone seems to have.

"BAWWW NO AMI IN THIS EPISODE THIS SERIES IS FAIL"

Despite the fact that we got plenty of Ami development last episode...

That, or complaining about how Kitamura's being a whiny douche.

"BAWWW A CHARACTER IS ACTING IN A WAY I DON'T LIKE THIS SERIES IS FAIL"

Whatever. I'll wait for the subs before making further judgments.

Master Assassin 2009-01-15 02:26

Whatever it is, it's not like Ami can have all screen time for her can she? Other characters need to share the awesome :D

Although the "key" Ami scenes skipped in this episode doesn't put a lot of us much in our joy waiting for each new episodes as usual, but I do agree Yacchan is amazing in this episode. LOL WTH with her "I has money you take them and then GTFO Yacchan wanna sleep." :heh:

... I'm still waiting for the subs as well...

asrielchase 2009-01-15 02:38

It's more to do with shafting one of the best scenes in the entire vol.6, i think. I'm not a big fan of Ami myself, and I quite enjoy the pace of toradora so far, but excluding THAT scene is beyond my understanding. Sigh I guess if the staff wants to finish all the material in 26 episodes, the KitamuraxSumire arc has to be be cut down as much as possible to make room for the coming volumes..

I don't care much about the baseball cage scene, but the stuff Ami says to Kitamura in the guidance room shed so much light into Ami's character, and it also illustrates minorin's comment about her.

Voitan 2009-01-15 03:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon (Post 2162077)
BLARR! I'M A TROLL!

Nice story man.

stewie0814 2009-01-15 04:49

Well, as always, toradora's quite the solid show and I enjoyed this episode a lot. Can't comment on the 'shafting' you guys mention, since i haven't read the manga(or novel, whatever it is), but so far the anime seems to have a nice pace to it, it doesn't seem to be rushing nor dragging things (for me, anyways)

Spoiler:

Bordix 2009-01-15 08:09