AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Higurashi (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Higurashi Kai - Episode 12 delay discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=54928)

Pellissier 2007-09-19 07:58

Higurashi Kai - Episode 12 delay discussion

This thread has been created to discuss the delay of Higurashi Kai, episode 12.

It is meant to share comments and infos. While being disappointed is understandable, please keep a clean language and discuss peacefully.

Due to the recent policeman murder case that has raised quite a commotion the last episode of School Days anime was canceled, due to being a 'touchy subject' at this time. This has extended to Higurashi series as well, and the last episode [12] was pulled back, and the TV station is airing another show in this timeslot. As of now there is no telling whether other TV stations are going to follow suite, and as such the actual airing time of episode 12 is unknown. More detailed explanation on the subject can be seen here.

Furthermore, media seems to be trying to relate Higurashi anime to the incident as well, seeing the murder invloved a teenage girl and an axe as the weapon. Actual media discussion can be seen in this video. What effect this is going to have on Higurashi series or anime in general is anyone's guess.

This Thread is meant as a place to discuss the issue and to express your thoughts and concerns about it. Please try to remain civil while discussing the subject - we understand the frustration, but lets try and keep things in orderly fashion.

cf18 2007-09-19 08:16

http://www.iza.ne.jp/news/newsarticle/85310

Will we see episode 12, or will it get delayed like School Days final?

MarthX 2007-09-19 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by cf18 (Post 1154958)
http://www.iza.ne.jp/news/newsarticle/85310

Will we see episode 12, or will it get delayed like School Days final?

I'm wondering that myself.

Tokai TV still lists it for tomorrow but that doesn't guarantee it'll air.

Klashikari 2007-09-19 08:41

you are getting paranoid...
except if something "somewhat" similar happen in this episode, it won't be canceled.
and seriously, considering the preview, and the stage of the series, nope, almost no way in hell they can find "violence" somewhat similar to this ax murder. (which is much more striking for the case of School Days)
that "could" be the case for some episodes of the season 1, that's it.

we shall see soon, but if it is that a problem, they would already cancel right now. (while it wasn't possible for SD, as the news fall the very dam day)

FatPianoBoy 2007-09-19 14:31

The heck? Am I reading this article wrong, or is the journalist trying to perform a flying leap of logic by mentioning that the girl was an aspiring mangaka and then connecting that to the scenario in Higurashi?
If so, the Japanese media is just as bad as America's. And since when is 2-chan a good journalistic source?

User65554 2007-09-19 14:47

^The media is like that where ever you go.
Not that I could actually read that...

Chibi_Faerie 2007-09-19 16:12

I could barelyread that... Google translator sucks, is there any English news reportof this...? I cant tell if they are saying she watched, read or played Higurashi, or was just a fan of anime and games before murdering her father?? By the sounds ofit it's similar but Rena never killed actualfamily members with her ax... Sounds likea similar event that happened not long ago that looked like a copy of one of the csi shows on tv where they wanted to pin it as being the show that inspired people.

Ok after some more googling found an English Japan news site, http://www.japantoday.com/jp/news/418572 So it really did happen, but it doesn't point out any relation to her interests or anything about the anime. Since it's english it probably left out a lot I guess.

FatPianoBoy 2007-09-19 17:23

My translation of this article, guaranteed 80% accurate:
Quote:

Originally Posted by A Relation to Higurashi no Naku Koro ni? Father Killed with Axe
On the morning of the 18th in Kyoto, a shocking event occurred: a girl (16) hacked her father's (45) head in half with an axe.
The suspect arrested is the second daughter who, upon graduating middle school, dreamed of becoming a mangaka, among other things. In a game described as featuring a series of mysterious deaths in a mountain village, of which a manga was also made, "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni," a scene depicts a young girl using an axe in a similar manner. The connection to the event was pointed by someone on the internet.

Chibi_Faerie 2007-09-19 17:34

That helps a little, though the other article has some comments from people who read other articles saying there were some problems with the family and I believe that her father was having other 'relationships'. Apparently she also bought a black dress to do it after buying the ax a few days before. In Higurashi's case it was her fathers mistress having the other relationships. But then I guess it is sort of similar..

BakaOnna 2007-09-19 17:46

Geez, I hope stuff that like won't lead to the cancellation of Kai. That would royally suck. :(

Matrim 2007-09-19 17:56

Oh, good, let's also bash and in the end forbid all anime with guns since, you know, people around the world are being killed with firearms every day...Man, I hate sensationalisic journalism.

hipeach 2007-09-19 19:50

what the hell? what does a girl going haywire and killing her father have anything to do with anime? can't they distinct between fiction and reality? I thought this is japan, not china or korea :confused:

at least can't she kill her father after school days and higurashi kai finish first :(

Sterling01 2007-09-19 19:54

Well it does prove that America's not the only country that overacts about things

Klashikari 2007-09-20 07:46

*deep sigh*
well, fellow members, i will eat my words with huge bitterness.

basically, today, Tokai TV decides to cancel Higurashi no naku koro ni 12, for a... cooking show.
I don't have a frigging idea why they did it, until they were referring to "higurashi => scene in tsumihoroboshi with a girl hacking the head of a bastard => BINGO"
While i wasn't surprised much with School Days, for higurashi, it has nothing to do with it (except if it was for the first season that is)

More rant and description here on the blog

*sigh* what a good day...

source : http://www.tokai-tv.com/whatsnew/24/24394.html

cf18 2007-09-20 07:55

Official site:
http://www.oyashirosama.com/web/kai/...dex.htm#070920
Quote:

2007.09.20 【東海テレビ】放送休止のお知らせ [9/20放送]
本日27:32~放送を予定しておりました、東海テレビでの放送は、
諸般の事情により休止させて頂きます。
大変申し訳ございませんが、何卒宜しくお願い申し上げます。

Klashikari 2007-09-20 08:16

looks like the website is horribly assaulted considering how PAINFUL it is to get there.
fortunately, it is announced a good while prior the airing time, so maybe we will see if the other TV stations will do the same or not. (looks like it might be ok for the rest. i would expect a snowball effect otherwise)

Matrim 2007-09-20 08:25

Quote:

basically, today, Tokai TV decides to cancel Higurashi no naku koro ni 12, for a... cooking show.
I don't have a frigging idea why they did it, until they were referring to "higurashi => scene in tsumihoroboshi with a girl hacking the head of a bastard => BINGO"
That's insane! So they can cancel TV show because it has violence and supposedly can give lunatics ideas how to kill, yet I have never heard anyone even considering to ban say news bulletins which are often full of gruesome descriptions of crimes, wars (and politicians:)).

Christen 2007-09-20 08:34

This damn pisses me off. o_O Specially that I've been aching all week not to look at any spoilers.

Sterling01 2007-09-20 08:48

Why am I getting images of "Cooking with Takano Miyo and friends"?

MarthX 2007-09-20 09:15

God that fucking sucks.

What will happen to the episode, will it be shown next week?