AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Nanoha/Vivid Franchise (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 02 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=45418)

CrazyPerson 2007-04-20 03:54

On another note, working under the theory that the bureau isn't entirely benign, I randomly noticed that at 9:36 under [Nanoha-Dgz]'s release that Genya Nakajima seemed kind of "suspicious" when Little Rein volunteered to stay behind to help coordinate the magi. He was looking away off to the side when he thanked Rein for being a help to him, and his voice wasn't really appreciative.

It looks like the quintessential magi troops sprung into action, along with Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate, with Hayate taking charge of the initial coordination of rescue efforts. Genya arrived a little later despite also being at the scene during the accident. He has been separated from his daughters. His tone and reactions to Little Rein is suspicious.

So, Random theory time! Maybe the people responsible for the smuggling of the Lost Logia was the bureau!

-With Genya being the man supervising/in charge of the transfer, it explains why he was there. (Maybe his children is a cover for the operation.)

-When everything went to hell, he either followed his duties and abandoned his children to try and protect/hide the evidence or was undertaking the smuggling at the time, hence being separated from them.

-Genya handling the Lost Logia until he can hide the evidence makes him show up late for rescue coordination, letting Hayate handle that part first.

-Finally, he encourages Rein to leave and join Hayate so that he could make a report to the Bureau or further cover up the incident, but is hindered and disappointed when Rein stays, making his job harder.

(P.S: I'd join y'all gossip speculation, but I'm no good at that. Keep up the good work though, they're really funny.)

Skane 2007-04-21 07:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skane (Post 895388)
Preliminary Thoughts on Ep02 RAW:
---- ----
Spoiler:

More thoughts when the fansubs come out.

Cheers.

The following is based on [yesy]'s fansub.

Random Thoughts on Ep02:
  • First off, yay... I can finally vote for this episode. :p
  • Subaru's narrating the opening seals her position as one of the core members of the cast.
  • Bardiche's Engrish was particularly bad in this episode. :(
  • One wonders whether Ginga will develop an infatuation with Fate. :p
  • Those two Enforcers got a pretty nice view of Hayate from below. :p
  • Hayate lacks precision if she is not unified with R-Zwei? I also found it interesting that Hayate was ranked S+ 4 years ago (she is ranked SS now). Talk about wow. I wonder how good Hayate is now, in the present, without R-Zwei's assistance.
  • Four years ago, Hayate gained the ambition to fulfil her vision. I wonder how significant the following will be.

"I can't just sit back and wait for permission for everything."

I can understand why Fate and Nanoha (especially Nanoha) would be so eager to join Hayate's Unit. An Unit that screws the rules? To heck with procedure? My goodness, let the unrestrained firepower begin.

Think about it, what would Nanoha choose?

a) "Wait! We must seek permission to use Excelion Buster!"
    b) "Blow them all to heck, and let God sort them out!"
  • When Nanoha talked about having fun in "raising" Subaru and Teana, I had this image of Nanoha play the Sims where she manipulates the character in their everyday lives. :heh: PrincessMahou Shoujo Maker anyone? :heh:
  • There were familiars at the airport too. I wonder if the villains already cameoed in the airport scene? ;)
  • Welcome back, Graf Eisen. :D
Cheers.

Lost 2007-04-22 01:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skane (Post 913531)
The following is based on [yesy]'s fansub.

Random Thoughts on Ep02:
  • Those two Enforcers got a pretty nice view of Hayate from below. :p
  • Four years ago, Hayate gained the ambition to fulfil her vision. I wonder how significant the following will be.

"I can't just sit back and wait for permission for everything."

I can understand why Fate and Nanoha (especially Nanoha) would be so eager to join Hayate's Unit. An Unit that screws the rules? To heck with procedure? My goodness, let the unrestrained firepower begin.

Think about it, what would Nanoha choose?

a) "Wait! We must seek permission to use Excelion Buster!"
    b) "Blow them all to heck, and let God sort them out!"
  • Welcome back, Graf Eisen. :D
Cheers.

• Why, no wonder they were so kind to her!

• a) Lawful Good
    b) Chaotic Evil

• Hear, hear. Twas good to see him (but more Vita-chan) in action once more.

Trax 2007-04-22 04:31

Just watched the 2nd episode... So far so good I guess, too early to say where this is headed but I suppose it has something to do with the 3 drones that were destroyed by Vita etc. One thing I am wondering about though: where is StrikerS taking place? Since whereever it is, the existence of mages is apparently common knowledge, unlike the previous installments.

Chaos2Frozen 2007-04-22 04:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trax (Post 914913)
Just watched the 2nd episode... So far so good I guess, too early to say where this is headed but I suppose it has something to do with the 3 drones that were destroyed by Vita etc. One thing I am wondering about though: where is StrikerS taking place? Since whereever it is, the existence of mages is apparently common knowledge, unlike the previous installments.

The obvious guess would be Mid-Childa itself.

OkamiNoKaze 2010-05-31 21:20

Episode 2 was wonderful, The two new recruits seem pretty cool, I also like the little dragon. Saddly the site I'm watching at put up subs that cut out the opening and ending. I hope I'm not missing anything else.