AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto/Boruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [Manga] Naruto Chapter 640 Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=121097)

james0246 2013-07-24 00:05

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 640 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Spoilers have been released...

Emilis 2013-07-24 00:16

This was one of those I really need to see animated.

itachi-san314 2013-07-24 00:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emilis (Post 4768895)

yea, this and the last chapter are just frikkin crazy... the whole part where he splits and then reforms is amazing and the animation is going to probably be even cooler. i dont even care how that adds up to him gaining a magical scepter. at this point i'm along for the ride ;)

Kafriel 2013-07-24 01:15

^ He just created it out of nothing, ninja-style :) Anyway, with this chapter, Obito is crazy in more ways than one...so it's up to Naruto to "save" him...

Ushio the Omega 2013-07-24 01:35

The staff is probably created either out of the chakra that he used against Hiruzen or made the same way Pain made those black rods he used.

But the best thing Obito is finally in control of the juubi's power.

Kafriel 2013-07-24 01:38

^ I assumed it was created the same way So6P created stuff...through his power of, well, creation.

Battler-kun 2013-07-24 01:38

I think next chapter Kakashi will appear and save them with his Mangekyou and beam the Energyball into another dimension.

No way otherwise to escape for them.

Emilis 2013-07-24 03:10

I think the rod's just formed from the weird anti-matter like sphere things he's been tossing around. It seemed to go straight through Minato's weapon.

But yeah, I'm glad insane Obito didn't last too long. An enemy's a lot more fun with a mind behind him rather than the brainless all powerful killing machine like the jubi was.

Kenu 2013-07-24 03:31

Good bye Minato?

Tchadnis 2013-07-24 06:20

just like we thought before , Obito has no "plan" just a brain filled with Rin .; but now that he has a new transformation , stuff are about to get serious he look like the Sage even more now ..

Tettsuo 2013-07-24 06:42

Tetsuo from Akira. That's what Obito's transformation and behavior reminds me of.

Luminion Lancer 2013-07-24 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emilis (Post 4768970)
But yeah, I'm glad insane Obito didn't last too long. An enemy's a lot more fun with a mind behind him rather than the brainless all powerful killing machine like the jubi was.

-You sure? Because I got a feeling I am not going to like Obito now that he's no longer fighting on instinct. Beforehand, he was silent and did his job effectively. Now he's going to keep blabbing about poor, innocent Rin nonstop. It was old before he became the 10 tails jinchuuriki and the brief time he stopped doing it has not sweetened the experience.

-Inevitable incoming "Boo-hoo Rin died, boo-hoo" aside, I liked this chapter. We got some crazy developments going and the fight is getting even more intense. How they plan on dealing with Obito now is going to take some major guts...or just another Naruto/Sasuke power-up. By the way, am I wrong or is Kakashi still stuck in Kamui Limbo? I don't think we ever saw him leave...

Monster0 2013-07-24 08:05

So Obito gets ripped apart and forgets who Minato is,forgets Kakashi,even forgets himself.But he didn't forget about Rin,and he aint gonna lets us forget either.

The sage look Obito got is making me feel like some of my theories might be pretty close to the truth.Juubi and the sage were one to begin with.God split the universe in to yin and yang,so the power of both sides was together at some point.And the use of the word progenitor before to described the juubi means that it was first, creator of all things even the sage.Maybe.

mayumi 2013-07-24 08:16

Obito's motivation is so bad it makes me facepalm everytime. Seriously dude, the girl is not worth all this.

milan kyuubi 2013-07-24 08:33

Obito's black orbs around him are similar to those Kishi portrayed Naruto with.

http://i.imgur.com/mb1Wd89l.jpg

~Yami~ 2013-07-24 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emilis (Post 4768895)

yes... because I'm not sure what's going on anymore

anyway, Obito in Sage of Six Paths mode is overpowered.... :heh:
I thought he will be devoured by Juubi but... well... it didn't happen

mystogan 2013-07-24 09:15

Looks like obito has finally become the sage of six paths, the jinchuriki of the ten tails,
it seems like it now falls down to naruto and sasuke to work together and fight against obito

GDB 2013-07-24 09:17

Surprised no one (in universe) has been like, "Hey Obito, if you're this hung up on some girl who died... couldn't you just revive her with your power now?"

Granted, he keeps insisting he isn't doing this because of Rin, but everything else says otherwise.

threepac3 2013-07-24 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by milan kyuubi (Post 4769155)
Obito's black orbs around him are similar to those Kishi portrayed Naruto with.

http://i.imgur.com/mb1Wd89l.jpg

Naruto did with the 9 tails what Obito just did with the 10 tails. Thats why they look so similar.

milan kyuubi 2013-07-24 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDB (Post 4769193)
Granted, he keeps insisting he isn't doing this because of Rin, but everything else says otherwise.

Lol! :heh:

That much is true! :D

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Quote:

Originally Posted by threepac3 (Post 4769211)
Naruto did with the 9 tails what Obito just did with the 10 tails. Thats why they look so similar.

Yes, but it stills shows a connection between Naruto and the Sage of six paths.