AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Tonari no Kashiwagi-san (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=102046)

jzmagic 2011-02-19 13:52

Tonari no Kashiwagi-san

http://static.benippon.net/magento/m...4832279041.jpg

A guy named Yuuto (an otaku) is interested in a web artist known as ''Sayane'' , recently a girl at school named Kashiwagi Kotone over-heard a conversation about Yuuto liking the web art of Sayane, but it turns out the Sayane is Kashiwagi!?! Yuuto hasn't figured that out yet..but he got a job at his favorite anime shop and caught Kashiwagi in that anime shop....

(Source : Mangafox)

Genres: Comedy Romance School Life Shounen Slice of Life

The manga is a very cute light-hearted romance.

Spoiler for ch 9:

Dorsai 2011-02-19 20:25

Thx to your post i started to read it... She is just too cute ;p

Maybe it will be better if she will be little more tsundere (now she is more kuudere ;p) and then little less cute... But like this is good too...
Anyway i like both her cute and "rage" moments ;p For me its better and more differential then only cute all time Nogizaka Haruka (though Haruka wasnt bad too ;p)

about ch 9- she cant tell, because she is still embarassed about it ;p

Good manga to relax :)

jzmagic 2011-02-19 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorsai (Post 3495449)
Thx to your post i started to read it... She is just too cute ;p

Maybe it will be better if she will be little more tsundere and then little less cute... But like this is good too...
Anyway i like both her cute and rage moments ;p

Good manga to relax :)

Hopefully this one picks up more attention, it's very promising.

Jze0 2011-02-20 00:52

Yes, I agree this is a cute and relaxing series. I just wish she tells Yuto shes Sayane already, she shouldn't drag it out any longer.

jzmagic 2011-03-04 17:47

Chapter 10 is out.

Spoiler for Chapter 10:

~Yami~ 2011-04-02 02:29

Thanks for starting this thread
I'm dying when I see her face.....
The drawings are too moe and cute....
I love the simple love story...
hope can meet someone like Kashiwagi....

anyway, chapter 13 is out already

Spoiler for direct download:

Mughi 2011-04-03 00:30

Just started reading this. It really is too cute. I love it. The whole confusion over "3D" thing cracks me up. All of the chara are so well drafted, its a joy to read.

jzmagic 2011-04-03 01:10

Funny how Kashigawi's best friend despises Yuuto for no real reason, jealousy maybe? But looks like she's taken a liking to his friend.

Xacual 2011-04-03 01:23

She just hates Yuuto because Kashiwagi became his friend and is spending time with him instead of her.

KLGChaos 2011-04-03 03:30

Good manga so far. Light-hearted and funny romantic comedy. Don't like Kashiwagi's friend, though. She needs to grow up.

Waven 2011-04-03 04:05

Nice little series so far, worth following.

Didn't think Kashiwagi would reveal to him that she's Sayane so early on in the manga. I would've thought the author dragged this far more than that, not that I mind though, just wondering how the following chapters will do without Yuuto being clueless - that was actually where the plot was shining up until now. Anyway, I'm optimistic.

~Yami~ 2011-04-03 09:47

Spoiler for 14:

Mughi 2011-04-03 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waven (Post 3556041)
Nice little series so far, worth following.

Didn't think Kashiwagi would reveal to him that she's Sayane so early on in the manga. I would've thought the author dragged this far more than that, not that I mind though, just wondering how the following chapters will do without Yuuto being clueless - that was actually where the plot was shining up until now. Anyway, I'm optimistic.

I agree, but it felt about right to me without becoming a "device" to keep the deception going for too long. Many series suffer from prolonging the pain of misunderstanding for no reason other than to drag the chapters out. I like the idea that Kashiwagi is honest enough to reveal herself to a "friend" before any possible romantic developments occur. It shows she's genuine and not a stereotypical "stuck up" girl. Also, as an artist, it feels good to get accolades from fans and hiding behind a nom-de-plume to people you know personally creates inner turmoil over nothing. I liked how Sakuraba's ignorance combined with his exuberance was shown as hurtful to Kashiwagi, creatively. She literally became mired in her frustration over his comments and quickly learned the lesson that obfuscation breeds negativity, hence telling him who she was. It all felt good to read.

I hope that something develops between Kashiwagi's and Sakuraba's friends though... the mildly yuri and comically threatening overtones exuded by Fukuda are the only thing that feels out of place in this title... she's almost too aggressive and possessive and needs somewhere else more healthy to direct her attentions... like Kusano. :) Along that line, when faced with the boy-love question, Kashiwagi reacted VERY negatively to the suggestion... it could be a very funny setup to have her reject the girl-love concept just as vehemently right in front of Fukuda, thus accidentally crushing her affections and driving her to Kusano for solace and starting their relationship right there... Then you get the typical "2nd couple gets together and cheers on the faltering 1st couple" dynamic, which is always pretty amusing to me.

Mughi 2011-04-03 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Yami~ (Post 3556349)
Spoiler for 14:

BAM!!!!

As soon as the setup started, I saw that coming because I've been there too. GREAT little chapter.

jzmagic 2011-04-03 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mughi (Post 3556375)
BAM!!!!

As soon as the setup started, I saw that coming because I've been there too. GREAT little chapter.

Lol he got way too carried away with all his personal requests.

Mughi 2011-04-03 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by jzmagic (Post 3556512)
Lol he got way too carried away with all his personal requests.

As a kid my least favorite thing to hear from someone was "Hey! You can draw? Draw me something!" In reading this chapter, as soon as the requests started, I could feel my youthful angst in Kashiwagi's physical reactions over fulfilling other's demands vs. art for the love of it...

Waven 2011-04-03 16:00

Just for clarification: Chapter 14 ended with her walking away mad at him, right? The other part about the cushion/t-shirt was just an omake. So volume 2 ends pretty much on a bad note. Did I get that right? I was a little confused when reading it at first.

Mughi 2011-04-03 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waven (Post 3556752)
Just for clarification: Chapter 14 ended with her walking away mad at him, right? The other part about the cushion/t-shirt was just an omake. So volume 2 ends pretty much on a bad note. Did I get that right? I was a little confused when reading it at first.

Yep... That omake kind of threw me too at first.

...he's busted! ;)

KLGChaos 2011-04-03 16:31

Ouch... had a feeling that was going to happen. She wants to be friends and he's treating her like a drawing machine. Innocent or not, he messed up.

Darknemo2000 2011-04-03 20:16

Fukuda, subplot with that redhead sidekick generic friend of the hero makes it really dull and boring. Add this with a complete bitch persona that Fukuda has towards the hero, makes her very hard to tolerate.

If not for these two annoying sidekicks I would say it is pretty good manga but since chapter 6 the enjoyment factor went down (yuri undertones, bitch persona, a very predictable and dull side-characters supposed romantic subplot - all it makes a rather bad mix).