AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto/Boruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [Manga] Naruto Chapter 624 Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=118438)

james0246 2013-03-19 07:40

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 624 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Spoilers are now released.

james0246 2013-03-19 07:52

So when presented with even a minor challenge, Madara is more than able to completely drop his dream. Oh well, the plot had to move along somehow. I expect 2 more flashback chapters then finally we will get to see Sasuke's reaction.

Luminion Lancer 2013-03-19 07:53

HA, would you look at that. It would seem that the Uchiha were really not a match for the Senju, despite the version that Obito told Sasuke. Also Izuna was killed by Tobirama, fancy that.

I'll say this much for the chapter: it was certainly nice to skip ahead to their adulthood and not have us sit through one last meeting between Hashirama and Madara as children. Now we can get to the meat and potatoes of this story: the foundation of Konoha.

Shay 2013-03-19 08:06

So basically, Madara has been a psycho since the very beginning that has rejected the chance of peace at every opportunity.

And then makes the most rediculous of demands even when he has lost...

Casshern 2013-03-19 08:41

I can only guess that the sharingan had already driven him batshit-crazy by that time.

Just think, not only is the sharingan inferior in power, it also drives them nuts. The elder son of the sage totally got shafted. No wonder he was pissed.

Battler-kun 2013-03-19 08:48

Lol so basically Madara was a weakling.

threepac3 2013-03-19 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battler-kun (Post 4596918)
Lol so basically Madara was a weakling.

Or maybe it shows how strong Hashirama really was...

ronin myael 2013-03-19 09:06

sorry but this chapter still made me bored.

Casshern 2013-03-19 10:05

So much for the Uchiha killing their own brothers, running around with ems and abusing Izanagi...

james0246 2013-03-19 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casshern (Post 4596993)
So much for the Uchiha killing their own brothers, running around with ems and abusing Izanagi...

It is annoying that we don't get to know where Madara's MS came from, but bear in mind this is all supposed to be a story told by Hashirama to Sasuke. Consequently, specific information about Madara or the Uchiha clan is not going to be found in this flashback simply because Hashirama never saw any of that info. Sadly, that might mean that Madara will get a mini-flashback (we also have Kakashi's mini-flashback to look forward to), otherwise it is simply not plot relevant information.

Aesthetic Shampoo 2013-03-19 10:30

Maybe i'm wrong but i swear we had a brief flashback where Madara was the injured one and ripped out his brothers eyes when asked if he needed help.

james0246 2013-03-19 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by EssTEss (Post 4597014)
Maybe i'm wrong but i swear we had a brief flashback where Madara was the injured one and ripped out his brothers eyes when asked if he needed help.

That came from Itachi's Storytime Hour during the battle with Sasuke.

JustRob 2013-03-19 10:46

Basically all the versions of the story we heard so far were biased. Itachi made Madara seem like a monster, and Madara made himself seem more noble then he actually was.

Still, this chapter makes sense to me. I believe Madara truly wished for peace. But, just because he had that dream didn't mean the Uchiha and the Senju would stop fighting, and Madara would continue to lose more people close to him. It's understandable that he didn't have the emotional strength to ignore that.

It's nice to hear the true, unbiased version of the story.

Hisoka?? 2013-03-19 10:50

Seems like Madara was really quite weak. He was easily beaten by both the first and second hokages.

Hopefully he is better now with the rinnegan

james0246 2013-03-19 11:01

And now for the twist, Hashirama will kill himself next chapter, but will be brought back by Tobirama. :).

Izayoi 2013-03-19 11:38

I thought awakened Sharingan > Senju. I guess I was wrong.

JustRob 2013-03-19 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izayoi (Post 4597076)
I thought awakened Sharingan > Senju. I guess I was wrong.

If Madara couldn't beat Hashirama with his EMS + Kyuubi, do you really think a normal awakened Sharingan would be enough?

itachi-san314 2013-03-19 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 4597044)
And now for the twist, Hashirama will kill himself next chapter, but will be brought back by Tobirama. :).

i'm actually pretty certain this is what will happen :cool: it's tough to think who could have killed hashirama other than himself and it would show tobirama inventing edo-tensei which is very plot relevant right now

Shay 2013-03-19 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 4597044)

This.

Quote:

Originally Posted by itachi-san314 (Post 4597103)
i'm actually pretty certain this is what will happen :cool: it's tough to think who could have killed hashirama other than himself and it would show tobirama inventing edo-tensei which is very plot relevant right now

And this.

Makes total sense. Spoiler!!!! hahah j/k

Ero-Senn1n 2013-03-19 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hisoka?? (Post 4597040)
Seems like Madara was really quite weak. He was easily beaten by both the first and second hokages.

No, he was weaker than Hashirama and that's all. Considering that Hashirama was far above anyone else it just means that the most important factor in the Senju vs Uchiha war was Hashirama's strength, that decided the outcome. Of course it's not a clearly stated fact that Tobirama was weaker, but there are clearly shown sign for that: when Hashirama raises his chakra level even his brother is scared, also Tobirama was not able to break out from the jutsu he invented while Hashirama easily did so, and of course the name "god of shinobi".

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 4596855)
So when presented with even a minor challenge, Madara is more than able to completely drop his dream.

I would say he decided to "grow up", become an adult, which also means dropping childhood dreams. He did that because he suddenly faced the reality that neither clan would give up on their war and also that he is weaker than Hashirama. Of course when someone is the strongest man of his time and he knows that then he can decide to pursue his childhood dream with self-confidence. In Madara's case he apparently didn't have self-confidence and also his behavior was never that of a calm leader who can trust people. His personality was simply too ordinary compared to the greatness of Hashirama's.