AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   My HiME / My Otome (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Mai Hime Destiny (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=48434)

Shirei13 2007-05-31 00:51

Mai Hime Destiny

hey, im new to this forum ( just kinda throwin that out)
so i was doing some research and it seems that they are making 2nd season for the manga of mai hime called Mai Hime Destiny.

i coudln't find too much on it but it seems that they are gona be putting arika into the manga,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...medestiny2.jpg

sorry if there is already another thread on this topic, i looked for one but never found it. if any1one knows more about this i'd love to hear abou tit

Shirei13 2007-05-31 01:01

found another pic
http://direct.hirameki-int.com/catal...4844358103.jpg

Jeffry2009 2007-05-31 01:59

the name of the title reminds me of 'Gundam SEED destiny'

Sakuya 2007-05-31 02:26

Thanks for the picture, do you have a larger scan of it? So far, we only know that it is a novel, not a manga. :(

Morganchan 2007-05-31 02:31

Thanks for sharing the picture! I'd like to find out more about MH Destiny myself, since so far I don't know much about it sans its novel status (though then again, I haven't really been digging for info, either... whoops).

Anyone know much about the characters involved, perhaps? I see Mai and Arika, of course, but who's... er, Not-Shiho, for lack of a better name? Nice to have a thread going dedicated to MH Destiny info, in any case! :D

Sakuya 2007-05-31 02:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morganchan (Post 970859)
Anyone know much about the characters involved, perhaps? I see Mai and Arika, of course, but who's... er, Not-Shiho, for lack of a better name? Nice to have a thread going dedicated to MH Destiny info, in any case! :D

The pigtail girl is the main character named Mayo. I like her Element (is it?), I wonder how it works? They should decide on making an anime for it already! They know they will make tons of money on it anyway. :heh:

Morganchan 2007-05-31 03:11

Ah, thanks for her name! Is her element that strange-looking pair of handcuffs, then? I wonder how on Earth she'd use those? o_o Seems kinda limiting to fight with your hands bound, but we shall see! I wonder what sort of creature is pictured on them, in any case? I can't clearly see what it is in that picture.

And yes, I agree, this is just begging for an anime adaptation! Haha, and I'm sure I'm not the only one around her who's itching for another HiME related anime/OVA (as opposted Otome), yes? :p HiME needs more love, Sunrise!

y063banana71 2007-05-31 04:47

That initial photo kind of looks like the first series, the second series and going into the 3rd series. Considering mai was in her HiME uniform, Arika in her Otome costume and Maio in her Destiny uniform... Does it actually say that all three will be in the new novels?

-KarumA- 2007-05-31 04:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shirei13 (Post 970772)

i remember this pic being part of the original HiME, i uploaded the entire artbook in the image section thats why :confused: ... as i think now Mai means Destiny right... so it just means Mai Hime in english

LynnieS 2007-05-31 05:10

That "Mai-Hime Destiny Princess" book should just be the artworks from the first series (or "Mai Hime"). My copy is somewhere around here... :p But "Mai" is "Dance" or "Dancing", and not "Destiny", though.

The first image with Mai, Arika, and Mayo (kind of) looks more like a transition, IMHO, and not one saying that all 3 would be in the same series... Kind of like "handing over the baton" type of a thing. But that's just me. :heh:

I can't make out what the bottom righthand corner text is, though... :( The right edge's text just says that the third heroine has appeared.

ando 2007-05-31 05:57

"Mai-Hime☆DESTINY Tatsu no Miko" Drama CD will be attached as an omake for the limited edition of Mai-Otome Zwei DVD vol.4.

http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/4544/up192403mb8.jpg

Shirei13 2007-05-31 07:38

lol woops, didn't know the 2nd one was the art book:P
ill search for the site again but i remeber it saying they were gonna try to tie things togeather between hime and otome which would seems like a kinda odd thing to do, how would they pull it off? cuz in otome wernt they on a diff planet? maybe a ... we gotta go to a new plant cuz this one is not good anymore? hmmmm then end with a kinda of prelude to otome hmmmss... :P idk yet but ill keep diggin :D

Shirei13 2007-05-31 07:42

found another little site more of a why are they doing this than a yay!

warning, they kinda spoil what happens to one of the characters so if you'd rather just wait and find out when it's released or until i get more info you might not want to read

solarknight123 2007-05-31 12:27

Not sure but has the novel been released yet in Japan and will it be only one novel?

Pazu 2007-05-31 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by ando (Post 971034)
"Mai-Hime☆DESTINY Tatsu no Miko" Drama CD will be attached as an omake for the limited edition of Mai-Otome Zwei DVD vol.4.

Thank you for the info :)

also
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shirei13 (Post 970763)
hey, im new to this forum ( just kinda throwin that out)
so i was doing some research and it seems that they are making 2nd season for the manga of mai hime called Mai Hime Destiny.

Mai Hime Destiny is a novel, serialized in Novel Japan. It is a part of Big Bang Project. About four chapters should be released by now.There is brief translation of first and second chapter on the net. Although it uses some old characters, it is not continuation of Mai Hime. Also it has nothing to do with Mai Hime Destiny Princess artbook :).

IchiKyo 2007-05-31 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shirei13 (Post 970772)

This is just an Old Artbook...

Xellos-_^ 2007-05-31 16:26

looking at the title i don't know if i should be crying or laughing.

solarknight123 2007-05-31 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pazu (Post 971579)
Thank you for the info :)

also

Mai Hime Destiny is a novel, serialized in Novel Japan. It is a part of Big Bang Project. About four chapters should be released by now.There is brief translation of first and second chapter on the net. Although it uses some old characters, it is not continuation of Mai Hime. Also it has nothing to do with Mai Hime Destiny Princess artbook :).

So then if not a continuation, what is it? some kind of spin off? btw you wouldn't by any chance know where i can find the first chapters traslated?

Sakuya 2007-05-31 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by solarknight123 (Post 971957)
So then if not a continuation, what is it? some kind of spin off? btw you wouldn't by any chance know where i can find the first chapters traslated?

The story takes place at a Fuuka Gakuen located in Hokkaido. So I guess it's like an alternate universe. :heh: Characters noted to show up are Shizuru, Natsuki, and Arika.

Same_Shark 2007-05-31 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by solarknight123 (Post 971957)

I'd like to know the same thing.

EDIT:

I found a brief summary of chapter 1, so here it goes.
http://pariasols.livejournal.com/6416.html