AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Ore no Imouto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Ore no Imouto - Anime Spoilers & Speculation (for Ore no Imouto novel readers only) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=98249)

Klashikari 2010-10-12 12:49

Ore no Imouto - Anime Spoilers & Speculation (for Ore no Imouto novel readers only)

This thread is for the experienced Ore no Imouto viewer (i.e. those of you who are familiar with potentially all the light novels / manga), its purpose is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation over the Ore no Imouto anime series, it therefore will contain unmarked spoilers. If you are a light novel / manga virgin of Ore no Imouto, then do not read this thread unless you want to be spoiled (use the Speculation & Theories Thread instead).

Since posters are expected to be familiar with the light novel / manga, there is no real need for spoiler tags, but feel free to include them if you so wish.

Adding a Spoiler tag:
Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a title that clearly identifies the specific source of the spoiler!

Finally, please remain on-topic and do not use this thread if it's just discussion about the current or previous anime episodes. Also remember that this isn't a light novel / manga discussion thread, if you do want to discuss the light novel then please use the existing thread.

omimon 2010-10-13 02:11

So who here thinks they'll actually commit wincest in vol 7?

Undertaker 2010-10-14 09:55

no possible way, it'll be one of those pretend relationship at least from Kyosuke's side and we'll just get more hints that Kirino is a full blown tsundere with brother-com.

technomo12 2010-10-17 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertaker (Post 3297680)
no possible way, it'll be one of those pretend relationship at least from Kyosuke's side and we'll just get more hints that Kirino is a full blown tsundere with brother-com.

you mean Ani-con?

larethian 2010-10-18 00:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by omimon (Post 3295612)
So who here thinks they'll actually commit wincest in vol 7?

what is wincest?

omimon 2010-10-18 01:01

Incest but since its so WIN we call it wincest.

larethian 2010-10-18 03:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by omimon (Post 3303753)
Incest but since its so WIN we call it wincest.

so twincest and wincest are different??

And just to keep it on topic, I doubt wincest will happen. Synopsis pseudo-trolling is a common affair with LNs after all.

chaosprophet 2010-10-18 07:42

What do you guys think about the current pace of the anime?

First volume was done in 3 episodes. 3 episodes a volume is an ok pace for me (although oreimo would deserve 4-5 episodes a volume). But next ep title scares me a little, as it seems to imply they would cover at least half of volume 2 (which is the biggest oreimo volume so far, with around 100 more pages than volume 1) and maybe go for only 2 episodes for it.

I was expecting they it to go all the way with 3 episodes a volume ending on vol 4 which many fans seems to claim would be an good end (at least for a season). But if they do some volumes as only 2 episodes they may be aiming to end with volume 5.

Well a 2 episode/volume pace can be good, as Toradora showed.

Micchi 2010-10-18 11:54

My initial thought was they'd end in v4 after Kirino finishes the last counselling. I guess they could end when he brings Kirino back from the US, but personally I prefer ending it before she leaves. I guess it also depends on if they plan for another season.

chaosprophet 2010-10-18 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micchi (Post 3304377)
My initial thought was they'd end in v4 after Kirino finishes the last counselling. I guess they could end when he brings Kirino back from the US, but personally I prefer ending it before she leaves. I guess it also depends on if they plan for another season.

I agree there. Ending in vol 4 is a more dramatic end, but if a new season is planned, starting at vol 5 probably isn't very good.

tsunade666 2010-10-19 01:57

my first thought too would be for vol 4 to end. The last counseling looks a good spot to end but if they would want a second season. Bringing Kirino back is good but that would be.... the remaining vol 2 - 5 to be covered in 9-10 episodes.

And by the pacing of the next episode. If they would do it up to comiket. That's half vol 2.

Undertaker 2010-10-19 03:11

Volume 4 is not a very good breaking point. If Kirino left in a proper way that would be one thing, but she just disappeared all of sudden without telling Kyosuke, Kuroneko, and Saori. That type of cliffhanger ending will only work if they announce the production of season 2 with definite dates ala Gundam 00. Frankly, I don't think that'll happen. Granted, Oreimo is gaining popularity but it simply doesn't have enough books out as source material for a season 2 adaption. Looking at recent anime adaption from LN, each volume is usually adapted into roughly 2.5 episodes.

My guess would be that volume 2 will be covered in 2 episodes with NatsuComi serve as the bridge. Either that or they'll need to find a creative way to trigger Ayase event since that happened as Kirino and Kyosuke coming back from NatsuComi, because despise been an important, Ayase event really didn't have enough material by itself to fill a whole episode. You can even say that the entire NatsuComi is just to set up Ayase event so if NatsuComi wil make up entire episode 4 then they'll need something else to set Ayase up in episode 5.

If thats the case, and base on infos from internet that the series is scheduled for 13 episodes and not 12. That means 8 episodes left for 3 volumes, which is not too bad. Since I can see volume 3, the one about the cell phone novel, can be covered in 2 episodes with spare if done right.

tsunade666 2010-10-19 04:13

vol 3 is about kuroneko then vol 4 is for the last counseling of kirino. If they plan to end it in vol 5 where kyousuke takes kirino back and also kuroneko's name is revealed... also pretty good way to end it. But I would also like to see a bit of vol 6 if they would to it too vol 5.

chaosprophet 2010-10-19 05:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertaker (Post 3305420)
If thats the case, and base on infos from internet that the series is scheduled for 13 episodes and not 12. That means 8 episodes left for 3 volumes, which is not too bad. Since I can see volume 3, the one about the cell phone novel, can be covered in 2 episodes with spare if done right.

I've seem both info saying it will be 12 and info that it will be 13 episodes. I hope it's 13 because that also would give it a good chance of getting an extra dvd/bd only episode (as 1 cour series tend to be released in bd as 2 episodes a disc...).

lightbringer 2010-10-24 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertaker (Post 3297680)

Almost guaranteed that it will be one of those "I bragged to my friend and now I'm in trouble" scenarios. It's so common and expected, it's hard to get excited about it. Yet people still do :heh:

winkel 2010-10-24 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightbringer (Post 3313586)
Almost guaranteed that it will be one of those "I bragged to my friend and now I'm in trouble" scenarios. It's so common and expected, it's hard to get excited about it. Yet people still do :heh:

That or some other variant of 'I told X that I have a boyfriend, and if I don't prove it, I'll be in trouble but when we actually do it and completely mess up and X finds out, everything will be okay anyway and the whole thing never needed to happen in the first place except to attract fanboy flies!'

Suzuku 2010-10-24 19:51

I think vol 4 is the only viable place to end at right now though, there's just no other way. They'd have to totally skip almost all of vol 5 to bring her back before the anime ends, and it risks them skipping a lot of the more interesting parts like KyousukexKuroneko, which is still shaping up to be a pretty big part of the plot. Ending on vol 4 would send the anime off on a high note while leaving a cliffhanger for another season.

As for vol 7, I want to think Kirino was serious when she asked Kyousuke to be her boyfriend, but it was just too sudden. I can't imagine what type of situation would come up that would require her to ask that, especially considering there hasn't been anything hinting at Kirino needing Kyousuke to play a fake boyfriend, but Kyousuke acting as a fake boyfriend is probably the case. Even so, I think the experience could cause them to start thinking about each other in that light more.

winkel 2010-10-24 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzuku (Post 3313692)
Even so, I think the experience could cause them to start thinking about each other in that light more.

And why must they do this?

Divini 2010-10-25 06:49

Ah I wonder how people will react to episode 5, where Ayase will, you know, reveal her true colors.

When I went through that part, I was well, shocked to say the least. I hope the anime portrays it to make me have the same feeling (if not more) as that time, looking forward to it.

Micchi 2010-10-25 18:10

Same here. She still looks like an angel though.

On another note, anyone noticed the cameos in Ep4?

http://omochikaeri.files.wordpress.c...meos.jpg?w=200

Sure looks like Miura-buchou and the Akagi siblings.