AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Asobi ni Ikuyo!/Cat Planet Cuties (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=78995)

NeoSam 2009-03-09 08:50

Asobi ni Ikuyo!/Cat Planet Cuties

The shounen(boy's) light novel series Asobi ni Ikuyo! by Kamino Okina (author) and Houden Eizou (illustrator) is planned for an anime adaptation.

あそびにいくヨ!
Asobi ni Ikuyo!

Official anime site:
http://www.asoiku.com/

少年向け小説(ライトノベル).
Shounen light novel series (light novel series for boys).

The light novel series is published under the shounen light novel label MF Bunko J.
Currently there are 14 volumes released of this light novel series.

Covers:

Author: Kamino Okina
Illustrator: Houden Eizou

A seinen manga adaptation of it is serialized in the seinen manga magazine Comic Alive.
Currently there are 7 volumes released of this manga.

Covers:

Genre: Shounen, Sci-fi, Comedy, Romance

puretsundere 2009-03-09 09:30

Synopsis from ANN:
The story revolves around Kio Kakazu, an ordinary high school freshman living in Okinawa. A girl with cat ears appears before him during a memorial service for one of his family ancestors. The girl calls herself Eris and claims she is an alien. Before long, fanatical alien worshippers and a mysterious government agency are in hot pursuit of Eris, but Kio's childhood friend Manami — who wants to follow in her father's footsteps in the CIA — captures Eris. Kio finds himself having to protect Eris from everyone.

The covers and story look and sound interesting to me. Might watch this one.

ZODDGUTS 2009-03-11 03:16

I've checked out the manga raws for this series awhile ago and thought it was actually pretty good for one thing some of the typical cliches have a bit of a twist in them. The characters were also pretty likeable as well.

Echoes 2009-03-12 08:56

*Glares incessantly at the covers*

I'm so watching this. I don't even need a story, just have all the scenes in the series feature that girl.

Wargumm1i 2009-03-12 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmkharuhiism (Post 2261882)
Synopsis from ANN:
The story revolves around Kio Kakazu, an ordinary high school freshman living in Okinawa. A girl with cat ears appears before him during a memorial service for one of his family ancestors. The girl calls herself Eris and claims she is an alien. Before long, fanatical alien worshippers and a mysterious government agency are in hot pursuit of Eris, but Kio's childhood friend Manami — who wants to follow in her father's footsteps in the CIA — captures Eris. Kio finds himself having to protect Eris from everyone.

The covers and story look and sound intereseting to me. Might watch this one.

So basically one of the gags in this will be Kio's childhood friend Manami trying too capture Eris?

ZODDGUTS 2009-03-12 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wargumm1i (Post 2267890)
So basically one of the gags in this will be Kio's childhood friend Manami trying too capture Eris?

Well if the manga that I checked out is a close adaptation of the novel then that would be

Spoiler for .:

ZODDGUTS 2009-03-14 18:10

Sorry for the double post just letting you know that the first chapter of the manga has been scanlated. :cool:

Bonta Kun 2009-05-19 17:11

This looks interesting enough...well to be honest when I seen the covers I just thought Horo with big breasts...so slapped a "must watch" sticker on this:heh:

yes I'm rather simple in that way but hell what I care, bring me my big breasted Horo!!!:D

Kunagisa 2010-01-01 02:31

Staff's filled out over at ANN:

Director: Yooichi Ueda
Series Composition: Katsuhiko Takayama
Original creator: Okina Kamino
Original Character Design: Houdeneizou
Character Design: Noriko Morijima
Art director: Hiroshi Kato
Chief Animation Director: Noriko Morijima
Mechanical design: Naohiro Washio
Sound director: Yota Tsuruoka
Animation Production: AIC PLUS+

Pretty darn good line up if you ask me, also according to this, we get more info when the new light novel and manga goes on sale in January (still 2009 where I am!!!).

ZODDGUTS 2010-02-20 20:26

Two new volumes of the manga and novel have come out since the last update. In the cover of vol 6 of the manga which came out on Jan 23 it has some sort of announcement it does say TV but what about anything about as to when I'll air? At this point it looks like summer or fall.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%81%82%E3...6715109&sr=1-2

Midonin 2010-02-20 20:30

It says that a TV anime is in the works and the main staff is included - which we already know. In fact, it's one post above yours.

ZODDGUTS 2010-02-20 21:03

Sigh thought the cover may have said as to which season it would air.

NinjaYali 2010-02-20 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmkharuhiism (Post 2261882)
Synopsis from ANN:

The covers and story look and sound interesting to me. Might watch this one.

SpicexWolf, Omamori Himari. Take your pic. Another romance with a nekomimi. Must be the in-thing right now.

ZODDGUTS 2010-02-21 02:54

Well the light novel of this series first came out in 2003 while spice and wolf light novel came out in 2006 same with Omamori Himari manga in 06.

Anyways since this is 13 volumes and running hoping I'll be 26 eps or two split 13 ep seasons.

NeoSam 2010-02-26 10:37

An official site for the anime has opened:
http://www.asoiku.com/

ZODDGUTS 2010-02-26 23:38

Well the character design is different from the manga and light novel not that it looks bad, I say it looks good. Reminds of the artwork for Nyankoi!

Westlo 2010-02-27 07:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS (Post 2925637)
Well the light novel of this series first came out in 2003 while spice and wolf light novel came out in 2006 same with Omamori Himari manga in 06.

It's still going to be called a ripoff until this fact gets repeated over and over though, lol.

ZODDGUTS 2010-02-27 07:50

They won't call it a ripoff though since it's not like neither of those series. It's more similar to DearS than anything else.

Midonin 2010-02-27 09:02

It's just part of the Magical Girlfriend genre.

NeoSam 2010-02-27 11:33

I have updated the first post of this thread with the covers of volume 12 and 13 of the shounen light novel series, and volume 5 and 6 of the seinen manga adaptation.