AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One Piece - Chapter 569 (manga) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=89629)

marvelB 2009-12-22 00:57

One Piece - Chapter 569 (manga)

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Happy holidays, folks! :D We've got an early Christmas gift this year in the form of a whole mess of spoiler pics for the latest chapter! There hasn't been any translation yet, so I'm basing the summary off the action going on in the panels (I'll update it when translations DO appear, though):

-Marco recovers from the assault from Kizaru, but gets seastone handcuffs slapped on him. Meanwhile, Jozu is completely frozen by Aokiji, putting two of the strongest commanders out of the game, for now.....

-Luffy is making his way towards Ace, but gets stopped by the PX army. However, Hancock steps in to take on the clones (apparently, they won't attack her since she's a Shichibukai). Meanwhile, it looks like Iva is kicking some VA behind, and the executioners are once again ready to lop off Ace's head....

-Coby is now the next one to face Luffy. However, the young marine gets KO'ed by one attack from the supernova. Meanwhile, the marines are unloading everything that have onto Whitebeard, but the emperor isn't ready to fall just yet. It looks like he gives another of his epic "I am Whitebeard" speeches, knocking the group of marines aside. His remaining commanders and Jinbei gather around him as the executioners are once again about to kill Ace. However, Luffy yells at them to stop, once again unleashing a burst of his kingly Haki. The executioners pass out, and everyone at the scene is shocked......

Well, we were waiting to see Luffy use his kingly ambition again, and it couldn't have appeared at a more critical moment, methinks. ;) The Whitebeard scene is of course, awesome too. Heh, I think Garp and Sengoku have no choice but to get their hands dirty at this point......

And again, I want to remind everyone that this spoiler came out much earlier than it should have since that tends to happen on the holiday break. Therefore, the full chapter might not come out until next week (and if does it comes out this week, expect next week to be a chapterless one......).

james0246 2009-12-22 01:03

I was expecting the spoilers on Christmas Eve, but to have spoilers and pics days before this is great :).

And, not only do we get epic pics, but the much longed for and much discussed Haki "burst" has finally appeared. Will this be the end of Luffy's conscious Haki, or will he, in the next chapter, get the proverbial Golden Star for a few seconds, and become the Luffy we all expect him to be by the end of the series.

Whatever the case, seeing Coby clobbered in one blow was awesome, and seeing Jango fall from Luffy's Haki was pure win (If Jango fell, it is a sure bet that many of the "weaker" individuals probably also fell, which means that only the heavy contenders will be left to fight in the next chapters.) We are winding down to the end; I expect at least 7 chapters until this arc is over, but I wouldn't be surpsie if it is more likely 12 chapters until this arc closes.

edit: Some more spoilers -

It is hard to make out, but it seems that Hancock somehow controls the Pacifista (its glowing beamy hand thingie recedes when she stands in front of it); additionally, there is talk that Marco and Jozu were taken out (which I cannot confirm with the pictures I have seen so far).

marvelB 2009-12-22 01:09

Damn, according to the spoiler summary, it looks like Marco and Jozu are gonna be MIA for the time being. It definitely looks like the marines are currently having the upper hand in this war, so far. Now to see how things will change now that Luffy once again called forth the power of his ambition......

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 2832301)
Whatever the case, seeing Coby clobbered in one blow was awesome, and seeing Jango fall from Luffy's Haki was pure win (If Jango fell, it is a sure bet that many of the "weaker" individuals probably also fell, which means that only the heavy contenders will be left to fight in the next chapters.)

Heh, I also had a chuckle when I saw Jango pass out like that. :p Also, seeing Luffy KO Coby makes wonder where the heck Helmeppo scurried off to? I guess he went to hide somewhere since we know that Akainu harshly punishes any cowardly soldiers who try to flee the island.....

Sazelyt 2009-12-22 01:15

I was hoping we would get the translation, of especially the last page, by now. Not just the images, but also the lines make things a lot more interesting. At the least, Aokiji's and Whitebeard's comments. Sengoku is too occupied with the moment to make any kind of comment.

That may also mean Luffy's haki is indeed very rare and may be a big trouble for the marines if controlled. If haki is what made Rayleigh many times stronger than the rookies (and who knows maybe Shanks as well), then yes, it would be interesting to see its impact on the current fight.

I forgot, Garp may have a Dragon moment as well (for Sengoku it may be Roger)...But, that is for the next chapter.

ChaosPaladin 2009-12-22 01:15

i saw the pics and i must say it is super awesome!!!!! seeing luffy one hit KO coby and whitebeard counterattack and this commanders+jinbei surrounding and protecting him is freaking cool. and how can i forget the king haki from luffy!!! totally awesome chapter!!!!!

marvelB 2009-12-22 01:28

Well, pics of Marco and Jozu being taken out appeared, so that part of the summary is confirmed. Also, we see Hancock smacking one of the Kuma clones, so it looks like she indeed fights against them, after all. Man, this war just gets wilder and wilder, doesn't it? ;)

Edit: BTW, it looks like it's Onigumo who slaps the seastone cuffs on Marco. Then the guy simply gets raped by Kizaru's beams. Yikes......

SMASHERJACKSON 2009-12-22 02:41

WB seems to hav been rushed before shaking the marines off, that marine attack alone seems prty brutal

kari-no-sugata 2009-12-22 05:43

Nice way to end the year :D

Here's an interesting thought: Luffy did his "Haki burst" from some distance away - he was probably further away than Whitebeard. But it looks like Whitebeard thought he couldn't do anything (I can't make out all the text but it certainly seems to read that way). So, pretty strong evidence that Whitebeard does not have Haoushoku Haki, I'd say. Ditto for any of the attacking pirates. So can we further say that Luffy's Haki is likely above that of all the attacking pirates (individually)? Seems like a good working assumption.

We know that Boa Hancock has Haoushoku Haki. Do any of the Marines? Maybe Garp? Interestingly, we don't get to see Garp's reaction.

C.A. 2009-12-22 06:11

To have Haoushoku Haki, one must have the ambition to be a ruler and have the determination strong enough to achieve it.

I don't think any Marines would have it, because they are all controlled by the World Government. If any marine had Haoushoku, he would have staged a coup d'etat on the World Government or something.

If anything, the admirals would have powerful 'military' Haki, the Haki of a leader and war veteran. Great military leaders need to look and be powerful to boost the morale of men and their reputation from their victories send fear to the enemy.

tsunade666 2009-12-22 07:50

I think that the haki that whitebeard has is the protect his sons. Some chapter before I think sengoku wants ace to become the pirate king. And isn't what white beard doing now is trying to guide the youth to their own future. I mean his the current king of the sea he can just use his authority to seek every island in the new world to find one piece. But he didn't. So I think its safe to say that luffy has higher ambition than anyone their. His ambition is to become a pirate king to begin with :D But if its against black beard which is has the same ambition as him. Maybe they have the same haki.

btw if hancock has the same haki as luffy but what's the main ambition of hancock? did she also want to become the pirate king? or she just has a high status.

Tenryuken 2009-12-22 08:07

She went from slave to empress, she must've had some serious ambition.

Blackbeard D. Kuma 2009-12-22 09:28

Hancock had better be stripped of her warlord status. She has now made it blatantly obvious that she is helping Luffy, and that is unforgivable in the eyes of the marines and WG. Say goodbye to Amazon Lily, Hancock :).

Furthermore, how convenient that the PX army won't do anything when in Hancock's presence. I guess this does explain how Kuma (being a warlord himself) was able to order the pacifista to stop its assault on the strawhats back at the archipelago. What a terrible flaw that is. The WG should have had Vegapunk design them so that they only become docile when given orders by marine personnel, not the untrustworthy warlords. How could they not have foreseen something like this happening? This is incompetence on the WG's part.

Also, now that Kuma is a complete pacifista weapon, I wonder if that would make him prone to being on a leash by Hancock or any other warlord for that matter? I certainly hope not.

sanzo 2009-12-22 09:40

WHITEBEARD IS BEAST! The guy just wont die! and this is him in his declining years. how strong was this guy at his best!? And how the fuck was roger able to match a guy like that in power when he was a pirate!? The duels between the two of them must have destroyed islands.

andy 2009-12-22 10:14

Chapter look awesome finally luffy use his haki.
WB is a monster .
The px did not want to attack boa but told her to get out the way look like she destroy it after wards.
Marco and jozu out for now.

Warlord90 2009-12-22 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 2832301)

It is hard to make out, but it seems that Hancock somehow controls the Pacifista (its glowing beamy hand thingie recedes when she stands in front of it); additionally, there is talk that Marco and Jozu were taken out (which I cannot confirm with the pictures I have seen so far).

Hancock doesn't control them. The Pacifista are weapons that are designed to aim at pirates, so they cannot attack marines or Shichibukai.

MihawkXGP 2009-12-22 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma (Post 2832707)
Hancock had better be stripped of her warlord status. She has now made it blatantly obvious that she is helping Luffy, and that is unforgivable in the eyes of the marines and WG. Say goodbye to Amazon Lily, Hancock :).

Furthermore, how convenient that the PX army won't do anything when in Hancock's presence. I guess this does explain how Kuma (being a warlord himself) was able to order the pacifista to stop its assault on the strawhats back at the archipelago. What a terrible flaw that is. The WG should have had Vegapunk design them so that they only become docile when given orders by marine personnel, not the untrustworthy warlords. How could they not have foreseen something like this happening? This is incompetence on the WG's part.

Also, now that Kuma is a complete pacifista weapon, I wonder if that would make him prone to being on a leash by Hancock or any other warlord for that matter? I certainly hope not.

Kuma is a Pacifista himself. He is PX-0, he is the complete perfect human weapon. He is their leader. That would explain why he can command the other ones. I think the PX's hve the command not to attack the Shichbukai at the moment at least. I still think the plan will be to take them out towards the end.

Also, I'm disapointed at the situation of Marco & Joz. WB is taking serious injuries. They need a miracle.

DJ Trouble 2009-12-22 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenryuken (Post 2832616)
She went from slave to empress, she must've had some serious ambition.

She went from princess to slave to empress. She's always had the disposition to rule over others. It's impress that being a slave for all that time never broke her, so we can definitely give her props for that, but she didn't start as a slave.

Quote:

She will be, and then she'll join the Strawhats. She doesn't care about her title or leaving the island. She just wants to be around Luffy.

Quote:

The WG should have had Vegapunk design them so that they only become docile when given orders by marine personnel, not the untrustworthy warlords. How could they not have foreseen something like this happening? This is incompetence on the WG's part.

As has been said, Hancock can't control them. It's not a flaw that they stop their attacks when a Shichibukai is in the way. Is there really a need to point out what would happen if one of the warlords were attacked by the marine's weapons? They'd not only destroy whatever weapon it was, but they'd probably also start rampaging on anything else that belonged to the marines in the immediate vicinity. In this epic battle, the marines can't really afford having warlords attacking the Kumas and any other marines. Having the Kumas stop was definitely a smart feature to include.

Vree 2009-12-22 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 2832295)
Coby is now the next one to face Luffy. However, the young marine gets KO'ed by one attack from the supernova. .

Nooo, not Coby!...That's it, I hate Luffy again. What's the point of Oda creating memorable characters if they are just there to be cannon fodder to the OMG greatest hero. I mean, at least Usopp could hold his end against Luffy even if he got shat all over at the end of the arc.

Why waste the opportunity for a great moral dilemma for these two and have a serious stand-off? Stories are not all about strenght. Both Luffy and Coby need to mature a lot and face the consequences of the fact that they have picked one side in the pirate/marine conflict based on merely selfish reasons. Merely selfish - I can't stress this enough. Even if Luffy believes in the "freedom" of the pirates and Coby in the "justice" of the Marines that's a philosophy on both ends that could use some experience to back it up, or else these characters will always stay infantile.

Freya 2009-12-22 15:53

Wthell? That's crap. Luffy's haki attack should have been at the beginning of this chapter instead. Marco/Jozu=fail. Really wouldn't be surprised when Ace does survive but a lot of other people such as the WB commanders and others get captured instead. A blow to the marines/WG but they get other well known pirates captured.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vree (Post 2833087)
Nooo, not Coby!...That's it, I hate Luffy again. What's the point of Oda creating memorable characters if they are just there to be cannon fodder to the OMG greatest hero. I mean, at least Usopp could hold his end against Luffy even if he got shat all over at the end of the arc.

Why waste the opportunity for a great moral dilemma for these two and have a serious stand-off? Stories are not all about strenght. Both Luffy and Coby need to mature a lot and face the consequences of the fact that they have picked one side in the pirate/marine conflict based on merely selfish reasons. Merely selfish - I can't stress this enough. Even if Luffy believes in the "freedom" of the pirates and Coby in the "justice" of the Marines that's a philosophy on both ends that could use some experience to back it up, or else these characters will always stay infantile.

Dude wtf are you yapping at? Ace is about to get executed. You think he has time to talk to Coby? Even if Zoro or Sanji or whoever else tried to stop he would have attacked them.

MihawkXGP 2009-12-22 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vree (Post 2833087)

Don;t worry about Coby. This'll be a painful learning experience for him. It'll really help him grow as a fighter. He ran like a coward, he got pwned by Luffy in 1 hit, he'll wake up once the fight is done...dust himself off...feel ashamed cry and be more determined than ever before to never let that happen again to him.