AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Hayate no Gotoku (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Hayate no Gotoku manga (raw discussion only) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=39799)

Darco_emp 2007-01-15 00:52

I personlly prefer Rie, Horie Yui would be great as Maria through, just think back to all the Maid type roles...

nadare 2007-01-15 00:57

The VA cast hints JC staff will be animating it :O.

Fruitfly 2007-01-15 01:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by kemal_1915 (Post 799631)
Hayate anime CV list has released!!

Hayate: Ryoko Shiraishi (Shiratori Ryūshi)
Nagi: Rie Kugimiya (Shana)
Maria: Rie Tanaka (Suigintou)
Hinagiku: Shizuka Ito (Wilhelmina)

This casting is really spectacular!!

I also like Rie as Nagi,
but not so much for Hayate

imo Shiratori Ryūshi sounded like a little boy...

nadare 2007-01-15 02:16

^ I cant disagree. It sounded wimpy too =/. But, I'm still getting shana vibes from Nagi.

Darco_emp 2007-01-15 04:20

Nagi :Urusai Urusai Urasai, Hayate get me Melon Pan.

I dont like Hayate's VA too, since Nagi/Hayate pair give me the same vibs as Shana/Yuji and Louise/Seito pairs. so Hino Satoshi as Hayate's VA is more preferable to me, but still its not as bad as it could be

Nightengale 2007-01-20 20:36

Vol. 9 has proven that Hinagiku's seiyuu choice fails.

Spoiler for Vol.9:

ordnance11 2007-01-21 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruitfly (Post 800962)
I also like Rie as Nagi,
but not so much for Hayate

imo Shiratori Ryūshi sounded like a little boy...

Didn't Rie Tanaka voiced Mariel in Hanaukyo Maid Tai?

Fruitfly 2007-01-22 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by ordnance11 (Post 807648)
Didn't Rie Tanaka voiced Mariel in Hanaukyo Maid Tai?

yeah she also did Sanada from UFO princess - another maid.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ple.php?id=697

LCeh 2007-03-23 21:12

Hayate no Gotoku

I love this manga. I just finished volume 8, and it has been great. Unlike other "shounen romance", we actually have a tsundere female lead that is not afraid to admit that she likes the guy (I think that was a contradicting statement, but you get my drift). The dialogues are absolutely hilarious, and you don't find the plot stagnating like most other shounen romance manga series do, well, at least I didn't.

Anyone else reads this?

Matt Soulblade 2007-03-24 19:22

I do. I find it great, all the references are plain great and I just love this manga. And Hinagiku. And Nagi's grandfather xD.

Sinta 2007-03-25 14:19

Does anyone here perfer maria for hayate? Or is it just me?

LCeh 2007-03-25 20:54

Maria is my second favorite. My favorite is the student council president. :D If Hayate ends up with either of them I would be mighty satisfied, but unfortunately I doubt the mangaka would pull that off, although the fan favorite poll in chapter 110 did give me some hope.

Nightengale 2007-03-25 21:13

Hinagiku's my favourite as well. I was initially appaled that the mangaka introduced another ojou-type tsundere, but it became clear on later than Hinagiku's clearly the finer of the 2 in both character execution and personally, the interaction with Hayate. It's not that Nagi's bad, but I found her to be the weaker links in Combat Butler. Maria's great when she's flexxing her haxx powers, but aside from that, she's doesn't seem to be too primary most of the time.

Fruitfly 2007-03-25 21:30

Ayumu is my favorite.
With Hinagiku and Maria in a close second.
So I hope Ayumu appears more often :)
I only read to volume 5 though (so noooo don't spoil it for me)

hmmm i wonder. I predict Himegami to be Hayate's brother. They never introduced him yet but in his profile, he does have a brother. :eyespin:

Mazus 2007-03-25 21:34

I believe Himegami to be Hayate's brother as well. It would be interesting to see why Hayate's brother went missing in the first place.

Skane 2007-03-25 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinta (Post 875942)
Does anyone here perfer maria for hayate? Or is it just me?

I prefer Maria too, so you are not alone. Some the suggestions dropped throughout the manga also points out that the manga-ka is not oblivious to this possibility. :)

Cheers.

LCeh 2007-03-25 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skane (Post 876431)
I prefer Maria too, so you are not alone. Some the suggestions dropped throughout the manga also points out that the manga-ka is not oblivious to this possibility. :)

Cheers.

I am not that optimistic yet :heh:. Right now, the focus seems to be quite even on the girls, but I would be pretty darn surprised by the time the end comes and Hayate ended up with someone else. But like I said, the fan favorite poll in ch. 110 gave me some hope. :heh:

Nightengale 2007-03-25 23:45

Maria's roles within the context of the story at that one particular time are often too episodic in my opinion, and that itself kind of damages her stocks. She's a decent character, but her position within the Hayate-race seems to be highly reliant on the on-and-off patterns. It's like one minute, there's hope for it, yet the 2nd, she's delegated to observer of other people's race.

Yes, technically the same can apply to all females in the Hayate race, but Maria's probably the only one who haven't got a consistent shine, execution-wise. Well, the only one among the girls in the Hayate Race. The head butler doesn't count. Despite being introduced later and having her own fair share of "where are thou" moments, I'd say Hinagiku's up there easily with Nagi in the rat race. It's almost like a School Rumble now with how some things are mixed up. :P

Fruitfly 2007-03-26 20:21

Hey
Another prediction.
Himegami, one year older than Hayate, comes and takes Maria away.
The reason he left was nagi liked him and kicked him out after he went to Maria.

haha I feel like writing some fan fictions now. :eyespin:

I was thinking it over and I kind of wish for a...
Hayate x Tama ending :heh:

Clarste 2007-04-06 02:59

I've only read up to volume five, but as far as I can tell, only Maria really has a chance at all. Hayate was initially attracted to her early on, and clearly he ignores the kids as romantic prospects (I'd imagine he feels like Nagi is a younger sister or something). Also by the time he met Hinagiku, he was too focused on improving his butlerness to really notice her.

Anyway, Maria seems like the "love interest" of the series, but I really doubt it'll get anywhere considering the comedic roles they've ended up in. Well, I guess the later volumes might prove me completely wrong though.

Edit: Thinking about it, Maria's the only one who really deals with his moments of weakness. With everyone else he's just that nice and friendly super-butler. With Maria he becomes a bit more human. Well, that's probably overanalysis.