AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Diablo III (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=8195)

daliinn 2004-02-25 21:32

Diablo III

Diablo III, I have heard some rumors that there will be one, but some people say its never gunna happen. Anyone have any dirt on this?

Newprimus 2004-02-25 21:44

I don't see why they would. Diablo's gone, Mephisto's gone, Baal's gone....Who are they gonna use? Some random demon or evil wizard?

Deralti 2004-02-25 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinova
I don't see why they would. Diablo's gone, Mephisto's gone, Baal's gone....Who are they gonna use? Some random demon or evil wizard?

1. This is not anime related.
2. Diablo has had 2 official(and multiple unofficial) sequels, give it up already. Whacking stuff is fun, but it is only fun for so long.

Newprimus 2004-02-25 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deralti
2. Diablo has had 2 official(and multiple unofficial) sequels, give it up already. Whacking stuff is fun, but it is only fun for so long.

You're telling him to give it up, right, not to me? Cause I'm against the idea of a Diablo 3.

Now Starcraft 2 on the other hand :D

zalas 2004-02-26 00:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinova

Remember there were 7 evils. 5 of them are gone (Andariel and Duriel were also major demons). But yeah, I don't see a point in the game though. Too boring ~_~ Maybe they should just make it a novel or something if they really have more material to cover.

Dark Zero 2004-02-26 00:15

As much as I loved Diablo, I don't think there's much left to do, if anything worthwhile at all. Let alone, who else would the game's engine work? DiabloII was kinda iffy as is, I can't see many improvements for the games style. The more they try to re-do the style, the worse it gets. Now Fallout3 is a different story ;) Even then I don't think they can make a new one to be worthy of the fallout title.

brightman 2004-02-26 10:20

If you guys are talking about the story, there's still PLENTY to do with it (obviously some people here haven't seen the Lord of Destruction ending...) Gameplay-wise though, no idea.

As for a sequel, I doubt there'll be one for another ten years, if ever, seeing as how Blizzard North is now crap after so many people left.

daliinn 2004-02-26 15:30

I am also against the idea, it was fun but would just become overated if a third was made. Plus the plot would be horrible because there isn't much story to follow Diablo II AND Diablo II expansion (also the storyline wasn't so great to begin with in these games). I just heard rumors and wondered if they were true.

To follow up your statement shinova, I think if a Star Craft 2 was made it would just become another warcraft 3 with a more futuristic storyline

Newprimus 2004-02-26 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by daliinn
To follow up your statement shinova, I think if a Star Craft 2 was made it would just become another warcraft 3 with a more futuristic storyline

Well, Starcraft 1 was basically Warcraft 2 with a more futuristic storyline too if you think about it. :D

aahhsin 2004-02-27 00:04

D3 will come. just probably wait a long time.

if u watched the ending the Worldstone is gone. the last barrier that seperatates hell and santuary is gone. The soulstones only kill the mortal bodies that the 3 use for their time on earth. The 3 can't die. eventually they'll get another body and come back.

7thMethuselah 2004-02-29 11:11

As long as Blizzard doesn't announce anything don't count on it. As far as I know they are very much into World of Warcraft now, there are rumors about a "secret project" currently under development but from what I've read and heard on their forums it's likely to be something completely new. Also the developers said they were kinda tired of Diablo for now, Even though it isn't unlikely diablo III will ever appear, it won't be for any day soon (especially considering that blizzard always announces game 1-2 years before release).
If you really want a new hack and slash game I recommend Sacred from Asceron entertainment, it's new and after playing the demo it looks very promising.

I)ark-I)eath 2004-02-29 22:52

starcraft had better gamplay than warcraft to me...cause in starcraft the limit was 200 and in warcraft the limit was 90...defealt right? so starcraft can get more strategic elements......starcraft 2 is gonna be wicked.....they just gonna add to the original formula which is good....PROTOSS RULE!

Necrodeath 2004-03-01 17:34

There's still a lot of story to tell after DII, in fact, DII:LoD had an open ending...
I could be wrong with the next thing, but the bosses you kill in the game are the living bodies, and the soulstones contain their soul, therefor if you destroy the soulstone, their souls fade away. This was the mistake at the ending of DI, and diablo's soul manifested itself in the adventurer that killed him. This mistake has been corrected in DII where both Mephisto's and Diablo's soulstones are destroyed. Baal's soulstone however has, to my knowledge, not been destroyed yet (can't fully remember it, but baal took it from the feller who pulled it out of Tal Rasha in the movie between actII and actIII (you see this in the end of DII (not LoD)). The only Prime Evil that can return now, is Baal. Also, if people read the manual that came with the DII (or LoD) game, then you can see that there is a map in there. You, as adventurer, have been everywhere on that map, except on the Amazon Islands. In short, I think that Baal has a possibility in coming back (him being the youngest (and maybe even strongest) of the three brothers) and maybe that will happen through Tyrael, in exactly the same way how Diablo came back.

But still, enough story to make a third game with the Horadrim and all too ;)
Just my opinion :p

Bastion 2006-03-17 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deralti

For number one.. Get the hell over it and go cry somewhere..
For number two.. I agree with you all the way.. Diablo 2 was fun for a while but it just became old..
I was addicted for a while, passed it on to my friend, and quit playing soon after. After you beat it once there is just no point. I do have to admit though.. I did not pay much attention to the storyline.. ¬_¬

Newprimus 2006-03-17 17:25

Why on earth would you resurrect a two-year old thread??

Chronissz 2006-03-17 18:42

http://www.gamingsteve.com/archives/..._diablo_ii.php

Ending 2006-03-17 19:55

^ A lotta comments in that place.

Quote:

Why on earth would you resurrect a two-year old thread??
Who cares; REJOICE that the old buddy is back! :D

Oh, and D3 -if it ever comes- will start from the betrayal of what-was-his-name angel. You know; the one with shiny-white tentacles and a black blob of a head. In reality, he just wanted to shatter the Worldstone to weaken other angels and let demons into human realm.

Maceart 2006-03-17 20:12

If Diablo III comes out and you can finally hire Tyrael's angels as your mercenaries (even better, fight Tyrael as the final boss), then I'll be waiting, fifty dollars in hand to buy this game.

I've always thought Tyrael was pure evil... look at those sprawing wings!

Archuka 2006-03-17 20:30

Most likely D3 would be set in a time before the events of D1 because continuing from where D2 ended would seem like repeating what has already been done. D3 could, for example, tell the story of the Horadrim and how they banished the prime evils (can't really remember what happened).

The game mechanics would also need a major overhaul in my opinion. They need to either go back to a more D1 style dungeon crawl or do the opposite and make it fast and furious with full 3D and a physics engine with enemies who can be tossed around and so on.

microlith 2006-03-17 21:17

Three words:

World of Warcraft