AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Past Macross Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163)
-   -   Macross Frontier Manga Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=68123)

wisteria233 2010-09-05 18:41

Continued...
Spoiler for For the end of the manga:

I'll post my actual thoughts on the manga at a later time.

magnuskn 2010-09-05 20:41

Woah. And I mean, woah! So much for Yot-Chan's idea that the Sheryl manga is mostly fluffy bunny stuff. :twitch: :p

The fact alone that Galaxy had implants being mandatory, with prison/death penalty in case of refusal, is pretty damn huge and makes my idea that we'll get a human/cyborg conflict in the next show much more likely.

I had more thoughts, but since this takes after movie continuity, most of them were invalidated by me not having an idea how that continuity pans out. If that had been the series continuity, some of the stuff would have been huge.

And, well, childhood meeting between Sheryl and Alto averted. So far, at least... :D

Yot-chan 2010-09-05 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnuskn (Post 3230499)
Woah. And I mean, woah! So much for Yot-Chan's idea that the Sheryl manga is mostly fluffy bunny stuff. :twitch: :p

:confused: :confused: :confused:

When did I say that...?

magnuskn 2010-09-06 04:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yot-chan (Post 3230651)
:confused: :confused: :confused:

When did I say that...?

Ah, I misremembered. You actually said that about Macross F: Visions, which had come out in Macross Ace. Mental snafu of mine, I fear. :heh:

Yot-chan 2010-09-06 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnuskn (Post 3231027)
Ah, I misremembered. You actually said that about Macross F: Visions, which had come out in Macross Ace. Mental snafu of mine, I fear. :heh:

Ah, THAT one. I wouldn't exactly call it "fluffy bunny" material...more like high school hijinx and lots of fan-service.

It's a pity, too, since it's apparently plotted by Hiroyuki Yoshino. The art's nice, though.

magnuskn 2010-09-07 05:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yot-chan (Post 3231292)
Ah, THAT one. I wouldn't exactly call it "fluffy bunny" material...more like high school hijinx and lots of fan-service.

It's a pity, too, since it's apparently plotted by Hiroyuki Yoshino. The art's nice, though.

Is the art available anywhere? :p

raile 2010-09-07 06:09

Yeah, I just read the scanlated first chapter, great art and nice story. :p
Lylith/Lilith looks like a young actual female Alto (perhaps done intentionally?).
I'd like to have a drama CD on this, despite the very slim chance of that happening, it'd be cool to hear Lylith/Lilith's voice.

Also....Sally is a MILF. :D

ReddyRedWolf 2010-09-07 06:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnuskn (Post 3230499)

The fact alone that Galaxy had implants being mandatory, with prison/death penalty in case of refusal, is pretty damn huge and makes my idea that we'll get a human/cyborg conflict in the next show much more likely.

I had more thoughts, but since this takes after movie continuity, most of them were invalidated by me not having an idea how that continuity pans out. If that had been the series continuity, some of the stuff would have been huge.

And, well, childhood meeting between Sheryl and Alto averted. So far, at least... :D

Various info I got from the LN thread and drama cd is that Sheryl's parents were political opposition to the cyberfication of Galaxy. The whole plan for galactic domination was way before the Executives recruited Grace.

Grace only became aware of Sheryl after she was downloaded, by this time Sheryl was at the streets. The Executives being a vindictive and sadistic bunch enjoy watching her suffer.

magnuskn 2010-09-07 06:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by raile (Post 3232957)
Yeah, I just read the scanlated first chapter, great art and nice story. :p
Lylith/Lilith looks like a young actual female Alto (perhaps done intentionally?).
I'd like to have a drama CD on this, despite the very slim chance of that happening, it'd be cool to hear Lylith/Lilith's voice.

Also....Sally is a MILF. :D

Uh, linkee? :upset::heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf (Post 3232967)
Various info I got from the LN thread and drama cd is that Sheryl's parents were political opposition to the cyberfication of Galaxy. The whole plan for galactic domination was way before the Executives recruited Grace.

Grace only became aware of Sheryl after she was downloaded, by this time Sheryl was at the streets. The Executives being a vindictive and sadistic bunch enjoy watching her suffer.

Woah, again. I must say, a smashing start by all accounts. I hope Raile has the link available. :)

raile 2010-09-07 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnuskn (Post 3232968)
Uh, linkee? :upset::heh:

The macross_f community in LJ might help you. 8D :D

magnuskn 2010-09-07 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by raile (Post 3233001)
The macross_f community in LJ might help you. 8D :D

Mercí beaucoup. Man, I gotta spread some reputation around, so I can give you some more. :)

magnuskn 2010-09-07 08:01

Soooo... the other Kabuki actor in the play isn't called out by name, but he(?) plays a female and, mangas being mangas, it isn't too far off to say that he conceivably could be Alto. :D Although the looks don't seem to be right, so maybe not. :p

But, damn, good manga, good reading. :)

Yot-chan 2010-09-07 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnuskn (Post 3232914)
Is the art available anywhere? :p

Sure thing. It's available right here. :)

magnuskn 2010-09-07 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yot-chan (Post 3233089)
Sure thing. It's available right here. :)

And on LJ. :D

BetoJR 2010-09-07 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnuskn (Post 3233091)
And on LJ. :D

Yeah, their link didn't really work for me. Care to help a buddy out? :p

And sorry, Yot-chan, no Amazon.jp for moi - when it comes out in anything other than moonspeak, then we're in business. :D

ReddyRedWolf 2010-09-07 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnuskn (Post 3233035)
Soooo... the other Kabuki actor in the play isn't called out by name, but he(?) plays a female and, mangas being mangas, it isn't too far off to say that he conceivably could be Alto. :D Although the looks don't seem to be right, so maybe not. :p

But, damn, good manga, good reading. :)

Nah Alto's constant whining indicates he's never been off the fleet.

One way or another word of these political purges must have come out. Even if they are not for public consumption. In the LN Aegis Focker and his squadron was specifically sent to Frontier to monitor Galaxy activities. It would explain why in the Movie continuity Galaxy is treated like a rogue state. It has a wonderful human rights record compared to all other emigration fleets. <sarcasm>

Yot-chan 2010-09-07 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetoJR (Post 3233126)
And sorry, Yot-chan, no Amazon.jp for moi - when it comes out in anything other than moonspeak, then we're in business. :D

OH NOES!!! MY JAPANESE MANGA IS IN JAPANESE! WHATEVER SHALL WE DO???

Also, I dunno about you, but I find the term "Moonspeak" to be...kinda racist.

BetoJR 2010-09-07 11:19

I find it charming. I mean, the moon is kind of a big deal for me. ;)

ReddyRedWolf 2010-09-07 13:44

You know it makes sense Grace would rescue Sheryl from a sexual predator. LN thread mentions Ozma saving Grace from almost being raped by some marines.

Tak 2010-09-07 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf (Post 3233439)
LN thread mentions Ozma saving Grace from almost being raped by some marines.

Which is always somewhat ironic. As if she needed the saving :D

- Tak