AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Yakitate! Japan (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=21483)

100demons 2004-11-18 00:02

I just saw the first episode of this show......I love it. I think I love it so much because I like how ALL the characters look......or maybe its just because its an anime about bread. A must watch!

snoopy 2004-11-18 00:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX
Pausing the video at such a long note to read is the idea in the first place. We can't leave a note on-screen for too long past the scene that mentions it.

Some groups prefer to put notes at the beginning of the anime, but then many viewers would forget about them while watching.

Yeah, I know you guys have to work with attention spans and timing and stuff, which is admitedly not something I've ever had the misfortune of having to deal with. I was just commenting... people I had over that watched it didn't understand a lick of it till I explained it later. Not that these friends of mine are Japanese-savy or anything, but for a pun that continues throughout the episode it just seems more logical to explain at the beginning and then provide reminders when it happens.

s'my 2004-11-18 05:02

Wanted to add a voice of love for episode 4: the anime addendums were good, and I enjoyed the episode thoroughly. Thanks a bunch to AE for yr efforts, and snoopy for the beautiful beautiful manga scanlations (they always brighten up my day and explain jokes I don't get in my non-english translated books) ^^

daft27 2004-11-18 05:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by snoopy
Yeah, I know you guys have to work with attention spans and timing and stuff, which is admitedly not something I've ever had the misfortune of having to deal with. I was just commenting... people I had over that watched it didn't understand a lick of it till I explained it later. Not that these friends of mine are Japanese-savy or anything, but for a pun that continues throughout the episode it just seems more logical to explain at the beginning and then provide reminders when it happens.

I guess a heads up in the beginning would've worked well for a long pun like this one. However, I actually quite like the notes that come up during the episode and I don't mind pausing to read it. I find it rather informative and helpful.

7thMethuselah 2004-11-18 06:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by daft27
I guess a heads up in the beginning would've worked well for a long pun like this one. However, I actually quite like the notes that come up during the episode and I don't mind pausing to read it. I find it rather informative and helpful.

Personally I prefer notes the moment they are needed and not in the opening of the episode. I really like A-Empire's drop-down note style, and I'm not too lzy to pause the video for a sec just to get a pun.
Y. Japan keeps amazing me how an anime about something as bread can turn out so hilarious.

One of the greatest things in ep 4 however was the difference in hair style of the shop manager now and a few years ago :) from ponytail to afro, hilarious :p

gtx 2004-11-18 07:25

I have only just seen the 1st episode, but i have seen the most recent manga already. I'm so happy that the anime runs perfectly linear with the manga. I hate it when anime and manga differs e.g. fullmetal alchemist. *grin* I guess it confuses me. ha.

This is like the MOST hilarious manga released in recent years! *thumbs up* The style in humour is so fresh that every book is sure to make you roll with laughter. Wait till more characters appear... i shant mention who, no spoilers. *Grin*

Finally the anime is out.. (yes i'm very late to notice that.) Way to go~~~~!!

p.s. i always have yellows in downloading <<yakitate>> with azureus. anyone knows why? there are like 300+ seeds!!??

Animizzle 2004-11-19 07:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtx
p.s. i always have yellows in downloading <<yakitate>> with azureus. anyone knows why? there are like 300+ seeds!!??

this guide
will help you out of all your azareus questions, nice work by _Sin_

If you tweak your peer refresh rate you will get higher speeds since you will constantly urge the tracker to get more peers.

But since I don't know jack shit, i'll leave it to _Sin_'s guide.

gtx 2004-11-20 02:13

thanks! will take a look!

Yebyosh 2004-11-20 10:17

Spoiler for Episode 06:

ShiroOokami 2004-11-22 15:02

duz anyone know where i can get the OP to yakitate japan?

Blaat 2004-11-22 15:13

You can buy the CD? :)

After watching the opening again it has me wondering
[i]spoilers for events later on[/i[
Spoiler:

snoopy 2004-11-22 16:19

I doubt they'd get as far as the Monaco Cup in the first season.

jpwong 2004-11-22 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiroOokami
duz anyone know where i can get the OP to yakitate japan?

I don't think it's out yet (could be wrong), as far as I know, only the ending theme has been released.

ShiroOokami 2004-11-23 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpwong
I don't think it's out yet (could be wrong), as far as I know, only the ending theme has been released.

aww man..i guess i'll juss gotta wait then....juss like im waiting for the next eps. of yakitate japan... sigh ... :(

gummi 2004-11-26 13:47

I just watched the first 2 episodes of Yakitate!! Japan and I am impressed with how much it sticks to the manga as I vaguely recall reading the first chapters. (Which I consider a good attribute as the manga is hilarious)

project myu 2004-11-27 00:19

I've watched the first four episodes, and though I'm not completely sold on the series yet, it is interesting. The girl baker is pretty in a very girly way (like Card Captor Sakura?) and I also couldn't help myself from comparing this from Dragon Ball..

Especially the way people would get "knocked out" by tasting the main character's bread. :heh:

The part where his grandpa starts doing that twinkle toes thing is priceless.

jordanlim4 2004-11-28 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by project myu
I've watched the first four episodes, and though I'm not completely sold on the series yet, it is interesting. The girl baker is pretty in a very girly way (like Card Captor Sakura?) and I also couldn't help myself from comparing this from Dragon Ball..

Especially the way people would get "knocked out" by tasting the main character's bread. :heh:

The part where his grandpa starts doing that twinkle toes thing is priceless.

I wonder WHY.. no more new release of yakitate japan... its soo great.. :sad:

jpwong 2004-11-28 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanlim4
I wonder WHY.. no more new release of yakitate japan... its soo great.. :sad:

You may not realize it, but if you're in university or college this is the final strech before final exams. Typically students with full course loads have tons of assignments (essays, labratory exams, etc) in this period. Following that is a 2 week strech of exams. It's very stressful and subbers are likely devoting more time to studdies, so releases are going to fall off in a dramatic way until around xmas.

gummi 2004-11-29 15:29

Episode five is out, yay. I haven't watched it yet but as long as it keeps staying with the manga's storyline it will be very enjoyable to watch.

Animizzle 2004-11-29 15:40

Episode 5 rocked

Damn that fist of the northstar parody was funny. :heh:
Complete with post apocalyptic settings.