AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   the "Currently Playing" thread. (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=35538)

Mad Pierrot 2024-02-19 09:58

I'm retro. I never tried Chrono Trigger so I'm giving it a try.

JagdPanther 2024-02-19 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot (Post 6571642)
I'm retro. I never tried Chrono Trigger so I'm giving it a try.

Never finished Chrono Trigger or Chrono Cross. The latter is on my list of possible next games after I finish SO2R, though low on the list right now.

Mad Pierrot 2024-02-21 10:51

Are the two Chrono games related?

JagdPanther 2024-02-21 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot (Post 6571784)
Are the two Chrono games related?

Yes; they're set in the same world/universe.

Cross is sort of a sequel to Trigger. It's... complicated.

barcode120x 2024-02-28 00:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaden (Post 6570818)
Black Desert Online gives me insane luck whenever I return to the game after several months away. I logged in to check out the new content, cashed in all the freebies and immediately tapped a PEN Blackstar. Now I feel like I have to continue. I bet this is some kind of hidden mechanic in the game.

Damn, I envy you. PEN BS is next on my list to obtain through freebie clicks. I would trade my mythical peggy for a pen BS in a heart beat. Honestly, if I ever hit a pen awakening BS (awakening sage main here) I would consider getting back into BDO, at least halfway through. Right now, the only thing of worth to my account is my infinite HP pot (which I bought from selling accessories I clicked with freebies), my mythical peggy (which has no silver or even combat value, so is it even worth anything? lol), and my pen disto. Not really much overall :heh:

Twi 2024-03-26 13:14

Ender Magnolia is out now. It's the sequel to Ender Lilies.

JagdPanther 2024-04-21 19:45

After finally polishing off the last DLC stuff I wanted to do in Rise of the Tomb Raider, I am moving onto my next game...

I caved and decided to skip Rise of the Ronin (for now), and I have moved onto the PSN version of the original Final Fantasy VII.

Part of me wants to just blitz through it as fast as I can to rectify never having beaten it as a kid, but a larger part of me wants to take it slowly. I'm particularly unsure how I want to handle the Gold Saucer date. Aerith is my favorite character, but I feel like getting the Tifa date may be a better course of action. I didn't realize just how many choices impact that affection level; this is way, WAY more complicated that even getting endings in Star Ocean games.

Mad Pierrot 2024-04-22 07:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by JagdPanther (Post 6577444)
After finally polishing off the last DLC stuff I wanted to do in Rise of the Tomb Raider, I am moving onto my next game...

I caved and decided to skip Rise of the Ronin (for now), and I have moved onto the PSN version of the original Final Fantasy VII.

Part of me wants to just blitz through it as fast as I can to rectify never having beaten it as a kid, but a larger part of me wants to take it slowly. I'm particularly unsure how I want to handle the Gold Saucer date. Aerith is my favorite character, but I feel like getting the Tifa date may be a better course of action. I didn't realize just how many choices impact that affection level; this is way, WAY more complicated that even getting endings in Star Ocean games.

Yeah. Square reused this affection system in FFX but it's easier to do since it involves Tidus often giving the character healing items or just fight alongside more. In VII, I always got Aerith cos she was quite good as a white mage. This also affects Cloud and Tifa's interactions before the final battle against Sephiroth.

JagdPanther 2024-04-22 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot (Post 6577502)
Yeah. Square reused this affection system in FFX but it's easier to do since it involves Tidus often giving the character healing items or just fight alongside more. In VII, I always got Aerith cos she was quite good as a white mage. This also affects Cloud and Tifa's interactions before the final battle against Sephiroth.

I read that there's a bug wherein one choice can be repeated over and over to max out Tifa's affection points. I may roll the dice that that bug exists in the PS4-PSN version so that I don't have to be a dick to Aeris just to get and keep Tifa's points over Aeris'.

Kid Ryan 2024-05-04 17:21

I've been currently playing these 4 games. After I platinum FF7 and R&C3, I plan to replay Crisis Core: FF7 and R&C: Deadlocked.

No interest in playing Deltarune, until Toby Fox inevitably releases Chapters 3-5 in the future.

Final Fantasy VII (PS4 Port, replaying on my PS5)
Phineas & Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension (PS3, playing on my PS5 thru PS+ Premium)
Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal HD (PS3, replaying on my PS5 thru PS+ Premium)
Undertale (PS4 Port, replaying on my PS5)

JagdPanther 2024-05-04 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid Ryan (Post 6578519)
I've been currently playing these 4 games. After I platinum FF7 and R&C3, I plan to replay Crisis Core: FF7 and R&C: Deadlocked.

No interest in playing Deltarune, until Toby Fox inevitably releases Chapters 3-5 in the future.

Final Fantasy VII (PS4 Port, replaying on my PS5)
Phineas & Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension (PS3, playing on my PS5 thru PS+ Premium)
Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal HD (PS3, replaying on my PS5 thru PS+ Premium)
Undertale (PS4 Port, replaying on my PS5)

Looking at the trophies for original VII, there's no way I am going to Platinum it, but I'll give it the ol' college try to get a fair amount.

I really just want to finally beat this damn game and get onto Remake.

I'm just finishing up Kalm now. I haven't been able to play nearly as much as I'd hoped the last couple weeks.

MeoTwister5 2024-05-04 21:56

I'd like to continue Helldivers 2 since it's fun as hell but Sony has implemented this ass backward policy of requiring a PSN linked account, which will lock out regions who cannot make a local PSN account, or possibly ban players who have a PSN region different from their Steam (like me!).

Kid Ryan 2024-05-04 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by JagdPanther (Post 6578530)
Looking at the trophies for original VII, there's no way I am going to Platinum it, but I'll give it the ol' college try to get a fair amount.

I really just want to finally beat this damn game and get onto Remake.

I'm just finishing up Kalm now. I haven't been able to play nearly as much as I'd hoped the last couple weeks.

Yeah it's gonna take me a miracle as well, especially the G-Bike minigame trophy.

I plan to tackle that first, before I earn the remaining trophies I need.

Mad Pierrot 2024-05-07 09:46

I tried playing the first Dead Rising but I can't find the charm of it. The open world is fun but the fights seem weird like if I had to use stealth against bosses and losing a life sends me back to the titlescreen rather than my last save point. It's supposed to be ridiculous but Frank West feels like quite a slower version of Leon S. Kennedy with little guns

Renegade334 2024-05-09 04:38

Just started reading Xenophon's Anabasis a week ago and that finally incited me to replay Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (I unfortunately lost my saves a long time ago, which means I had to restart the story from the very beginning), but this time with more focus granted to the historical information sprinkled here and there (the world map has a location filter with mythological and historical anecdotes) and the Discovery Tour add-on. Finally got to the Olympian Games arc. I intend to complete all Lost Tales of Greece quests, but I'll probably take a long break after that, before trying the two major DLCs. The repetitiveness of clearing out camps, alpha animal lairs and forts is slowly but surely getting to me.

After that, who knows. I have several free games (giveaways) in several store accounts still waiting for me:
- Thief
- The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- Anno 1701
- Dead Island Riptide: Definitive Edition
- Metro: Last Light Complete Edition

Might try the city builder for a change...

CIRQUAN 2024-05-09 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade334 (Post 6578890)
Just started reading Xenophon's Anabasis a week ago and that finally incited me to replay Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (I unfortunately lost my saves a long time ago, which means I had to restart the story from the very beginning), but this time with more focus granted to the historical information sprinkled here and there (the world map has a location filter with mythological and historical anecdotes) and the Discovery Tour add-on. Finally got to the Olympian Games arc. I intend to complete all Lost Tales of Greece quests, but I'll probably take a long break after that, before trying the two major DLCs. The repetitiveness of clearing out camps, alpha animal lairs and forts is slowly but surely getting to me.

After that, who knows. I have several free games (giveaways) in several store accounts still waiting for me:
- Thief
- The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- Anno 1701
- Dead Island Riptide: Definitive Edition
- Metro: Last Light Complete Edition

Might try the city builder for a change...

What Thief? 2014 one? Or older ones?
Have you played Deadly Shadows? It`s my favorite one. Oh so many good memories. I played 1 and 2, 4th one is ok but 3rd is the best in my opinion. Played it so much. :D

Renegade334 2024-05-09 14:17

The 2014 edition. It was a recent giveaway on Epic Games Store IIRC, and, no, unfortunately I have never played any member of that series. I do know it is one of the grandaddies of the stealth/infiltration genre, though, even older than Splinter Cell.

CIRQUAN 2024-05-09 14:33

Bro, you gotta try them. I and II are good, but 3rd one (Deadly Shadows) is my favorite.
I was saving allowance and would go to a game shop on my way home from school to buy some new game to play. So, one day I went in and saw "Soldout" version of Thief collection (I and II). It was one of the cheapest they had and I picked it up and looked what is it about. To be frank, I disliked first person medieval game so I picked something else.
Few days later, my mom and I went shopping to a local mall and while passing by video games section I managed to beg cheapest game out of her. It was Thief Deadly Shadows. It had much better graphics than Thief I and II, and looked interesting.
Installed it and quickly I fell in love with the game. Graphics, sound, atmosphere, gameplay, voice actor for Garret... It blew me away.
I liked it so much I went back to that small video game store to buy Thief I and II but it got sold out... *ba dum tss*

Anyway, I highly recommend trying Deadly Shadows and I and II.
*Don`t think you can find Thief I, there is an improved version of it called Thief Gold.
Also, if you are running modern pc, you are gonna experience problems running them. There is forum which explains how to get them all working on modern pc, along with cool mods and stuff.

Spoiler for that voice...:

HandofFate 2024-05-09 18:22

I started Eiyuden, and kind of regret it.
It has some stuff I like, but feels like the cons outweight the pros for me, and might just drop it.

Also started Star Ocean: The Divine Force

JagdPanther 2024-05-09 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by CIRQUAN (Post 6578918)
Bro, you gotta try them. I and II are good, but 3rd one (Deadly Shadows) is my favorite.
I was saving allowance and would go to a game shop on my way home from school to buy some new game to play. So, one day I went in and saw "Soldout" version of Thief collection (I and II). It was one of the cheapest they had and I picked it up and looked what is it about. To be frank, I disliked first person medieval game so I picked something else.
Few days later, my mom and I went shopping to a local mall and while passing by video games section I managed to beg cheapest game out of her. It was Thief Deadly Shadows. It had much better graphics than Thief I and II, and looked interesting.
Installed it and quickly I fell in love with the game. Graphics, sound, atmosphere, gameplay, voice actor for Garret... It blew me away.
I liked it so much I went back to that small video game store to buy Thief I and II but it got sold out... *ba dum tss*

Anyway, I highly recommend trying Deadly Shadows and I and II.
*Don`t think you can find Thief I, there is an improved version of it called Thief Gold.
Also, if you are running modern pc, you are gonna experience problems running them. There is forum which explains how to get them all working on modern pc, along with cool mods and stuff.

Spoiler for that voice...:

The old Thief games are awesome.