AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=75360)

NyxOne 2008-12-14 07:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charred Knight (Post 2107004)
I liked that, it shows that A-Laws has a ton of aces, it wouldn't do to have a squad leader show up and die in two seconds because it would show that A-Laws sucks.

Well, that's fine and dandy- I personally thought, however, that he would die would back in episode 2. And even if he did, those are perfectly explainable circumstances.

dee32 2008-12-14 07:40

This was a good battle episode. Though I wanted to see GN=Archer in action. Well A-Laws lost one of there better pilots in Barack. On the other hand CB lose one of there bases and some of their support personnel. What a reunion for Saji and Louise. They see each other for the first time in five years to find out that Louise is with A-Laws and Saji is with CB. I kind of wish their reunion was somewhere other than a battlefield. Well I was glad Sergei survived. Did Linda make it to an escape shuttle?

dee32 2008-12-14 07:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 2107006)
The person who's holding hands with Lockon in the preview could very well be Anew. We're sure to know for sure if more is developed between the two.

I though so as well. IMO it would be great if something does develop between the two of them.

Highman 2008-12-14 07:45

Nudity Part

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWings (Post 2106985)
Spoiler:

We'll probably take a break from the series again last year won't we?

This is Sunrise, this is their tradition from cliches genres in the Gundams, I'd bet ya that the director was pressured to do this. But this is really the cliche and stupid.

LightningZERO 2008-12-14 07:55

Downloading now...really excited to see 00 Raiser in action!

Galerian 2008-12-14 07:59

Sigh.

Okay I loved the overall episode. Great action and all. However........

Naked newtype telepathy :twitch: You are telling me this is the only thing the writers of the show could come up with to have Saji and Louise realize they were fighting each other. This was the best they could do with that subplot? Hate is too strong a word (since I don't care enough in the greater scheme of things), but I really really dislike this course of writing action.

RAVNEN 2008-12-14 08:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galerian (Post 2107030)
Sigh.

Okay I loved the overall episode. Great action and all. However........

Naked newtype telepathy :twitch: You are telling me this is the only thing the writers of the show could come up with to have Saji and Louise realize they were fighting each other. This was the best they could do with that subplot? Hate is too strong a word (since I don't care enough in the greater scheme of things), but I really really dislike this course of writing action.

Sunrise has the license to make the "impossible become possible".:heh:
What a creative & breathtaking way to show a newtype telepathy by doing it naked.:p I still can't believe it.:twitch:

Ribbons 2008-12-14 08:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokkan (Post 2106597)
... Why is Anew surprised at absolutely everything that's happening?

Because maybe, like Tierria, she doesn't know who she truly is.

NyxOne 2008-12-14 08:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAVNEN (Post 2107035)
Sunrise has the license to make the "impossible become possible".:heh:
What a creative & breathtaking way to show a newtype telepathy by doing it naked.:p I still can't believe it.:twitch:

Didn't Gundam under the Tomino era essentially do the same thing or similar things, and, quite a lot, I might add, in V Gundam and/or earlier series? Well, Katejina might count...but seeing as at least one or two Shrike Team members managed to 'talk' (whilst being shown naked) while their suits were lanced through by fire or some such...plus there was that really wacked-out scene in Zeta Gundam...

LoweGear 2008-12-14 08:11

To be fair, as shown in the cases of Soma, Hal and Tierria, the enhanced NT-like effect is only manifested when the 00 Raiser is in Trans-Am mode due to the massive amounts of GN Particle release. Hence no uncontrolled or unpredictable NT-flashes from non-enhanced people if the 00 Raiser isn't at Trans-Am.

Being a long-time watcher newtype phenomena ain't surprising to me, though I'm still not a fan of "naked communication" back then or now :heh:

They said the 00 at full power will have "abilities that defy common sense". Well, here it is :heh:

RAVNEN 2008-12-14 08:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by NyxOne (Post 2107042)
Didn't Gundam under the Tomino era essentially do the same thing or similar things, and, quite a lot, I might add, in V Gundam and/or earlier series? Well, Katejina might count...but seeing as at least one or two Shrike Team members managed to 'talk' (whilst being shown naked) while their suits were lanced through by fire or some such...plus there was that really wacked-out scene in Zeta Gundam...

Yeah,I've seen some of those err...moment,at least this time it really shocked me.I'm not a fan of this type of "communication". Why I miss the old series......err..miss the awesome power ZZ gundam & Hyaku Shiki.:D

NyxOne 2008-12-14 08:20

Well, we have brokenness to entertain us this episode...:heh:

Charred Knight 2008-12-14 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by NyxOne (Post 2107009)
Well, that's fine and dandy- I personally thought, however, that he would die would back in episode 2. And even if he did, those are perfectly explainable circumstances.

Episode 2? Do you want the A-Laws to be a complete joke? That only Mr. Bushido, and Soma could fight worth a damn?

They didn't do it with the Anti-Gundam units so why would they do it with A-Laws?

LoweGear 2008-12-14 08:22

The 00 Raiser killing a single Ahead hardly counts as "Broken" though... maybe next episode, but not here :heh:

LightningZERO 2008-12-14 08:22

Apparently Garazzo is capable of disfiguring Seravee :heh:

NyxOne 2008-12-14 08:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charred Knight (Post 2107061)
Episode 2? Do you want the A-Laws to be a complete joke? That only Mr. Bushido, and Soma could fight worth a damn?

They didn't do it with the Anti-Gundam units so why would they do it with A-Laws?

Hey, hey- no need to get vitriolic.

It's not as if Barrack contributed to the story or anything. I just thought that he would die early. If he did, or if he didn't, nothing would have changed except Louise would be without a leader.

And the wonders of QUALITY...:heh:

duotiga 2008-12-14 08:28

i'm just wow by the docking sequence :D

Charred Knight 2008-12-14 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by NyxOne (Post 2107067)
Hey, hey- no need to get vitriolic.

It's not as if Barrack contributed to the story or anything. I just thought that he would die early. If he did, or if he didn't, nothing would have changed except Louise would be without a leader.

And the wonders of QUALITY...:heh:

Considering that he was shown to be Louise leader it would be kind of show A-Laws badly if Setsuna killed him in two episodes.

One of the things I like about Gundam 00 is this feeling that people like Barack, and Darryl Dodge are really great pilots, they can hold their own, dodging Gundams in weaker units.

Its not like in Code Geass or Gundam Seed Destiny where the opposing pilots where usually worthless. A-Laws is a much more competent organization than either Britannia or the Earth Alliance.

Shiroth 2008-12-14 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 2107045)
Being a long-time watcher newtype phenomena ain't surprising to me, though I'm still not a fan of "naked communication" back then or now :heh:

I found the naked communication quite awesome back in the day, especially when it was used for Haman and Kamille. It's still very silly, though it's just something i'm interested in seeing --- it somehow shows the deep bond that connects the people shown in this form.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ribbons (Post 2107069)
Could someone please give me a link to the episode?

No because it is against the rules, so is asking. :)

RAVNEN 2008-12-14 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 2107063)
Apparently Garazzo is capable of disfiguring Seravee :heh:

That scene really make me laugh so badly,because of Seravee eye that is.:heh:
I did'nt know Seravee eye can change size.