AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fan Creations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Munky's AMV thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=18647)

Munky 2004-05-17 17:51

Munky's AMV thread

hey, if u have sum free time on your hands go and check this music vid i made :)
www.tribualpc.com/A88yourexit.zip
btw, it was my first attempt so give me sum comments and suggestions...
l8er

Munky 2004-08-10 17:43

Hellsing Music VID!

www.tribualpc.com/manifestdestiny.zip
i think it is the best one i have done so far, in terms of beat matching selection of clips, editing etc .. Post comments here.
BTW it is wmv format, about 90 megs, and 9 Mins long! It pretty much sums up the whole Hellsing series. ENjoy

NoSanninWa 2004-08-11 02:04

Before I get to the critique I should let you know that you shouldn't multi-post. It's not nice. Try to be concise when you make threads.

Now I'll tell you what I think of manifest destiny. First of all you shouldn't use video clips that include subtitles. They distract from the video. It's particularly tacky when you are using a show that has been licensed as long as Hellsing.

Subtitles aside, your video still has a lot of problems. The pacing of the video has only a slight relation to the pacing of the music. Also, the video clips are barely edited, giving long sequences where we are merely watching the progression of the story. Also, none of the edits match the beats at all. Honestly, while you say that "it is the best one i have done so far, in terms of beat matching selection of clips, editing etc" I really don't see it. You could put this same colelction of clips to any fast paced music and it wouldn't really make much difference.

In your videos favor, I will say that you do a very good job of summing up all of Hellsing. You made excellent scene selection to accomplish that goal.

DukeGaladrien 2004-08-11 03:30

In his defense his posts WERE 2 and a half months apart. I think he needed the bumpage :)

Edit: Sorry for not doing a review. I DID watch your music video, though it was still DLing when I posted earlier. Never watched that anime before (not really into the vampire thing). I got the idea of what the anime was about from your video, so that's a plus. The movie was a bit long, probably should have been about 3 minutes shorter. The scenes were put together pretty decently. For the music I would have preferred to have more words instead of just a super long instrumental.

That's about as much of a critique as I can give, as I have never messed with doing a music vid (or watched very many besides MTV or VH1 ones).

NoSanninWa 2004-08-11 05:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by DukeGaladrien
In his defense his posts WERE 2 and a half months apart. I think he needed the bumpage :)

Bumpage indeed. Sorry, I wasn't clear. These were originally two different threads. They had to be merged together. I was asking him to post in the same thread from now on. Anyway, as long as you are posting here it would only be right for you to download one of his videos and review it. Give him some feedback. Pro or Con.

Munky 2004-08-11 08:31

lol i actually didn't multipost :) The post was moved by a mod, so i guess something went wrong? not sure , but w/e. in regards to the mv, thanks for the critique nosanninwa. I havent really found out a good way to eliminate subs, so thats why they were there.. however, i dont know why u dont think the music matches with the video. i dunno, many other people also agree with me saying that the beat goes well with the video. in regards to the clip size, to tell u the truth, i hate music vids in which they just flash ghey little sequences over and over, u cant really tell what is going on, so instead i use longer sequences. anyways, thanks for the review, it will def help me on my next one. :)