AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   most Horror games of all time4 PC (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=1171)

§lightlyintoXicated 2003-11-18 04:43

most Horror games of all time4 PC

name some really cool horror games for PC well i've played mostly all of em i think but i think UNDYING n NOSFERATO r the most horrer games eva

wat do u guyz think

ElvenPath 2003-11-18 10:02

I'd say Windows ME, that was the coolest horror game i ever played :cool:

Esperchld 2003-11-18 10:39

Undying is by far the best one. Nocturne was pretty cool.

Youko 2003-11-18 10:45

System Shock 2. Play it when its comletely dark out, and your house is completely silent. Turn the volume all the way up. It's actually scareir than horror movies and such.

Esperchld 2003-11-18 10:49

Oh yes, I forgot about that one. Yeah, System Shock 2 is one of the scarriest games ever made. I wouldn't mind seeing a patch that let it use EAX with dolby 4.1/5.1 surround sound.

§lightlyintoXicated 2003-11-18 12:20

well i haven't played system shock 2 yet but i'll get it i've played all resident evil parts silent hill parts nocturn undying dino crisis all parts n just got nosfurato it's really cool any others tht i should check

Shii 2003-11-18 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by §lightlyintoXicated
wat do u guyz think

I think you need to learn how to use a spell checker.

wnkryo 2003-11-18 12:48

hmm... how about doom?

AG3 2003-11-18 12:51

DiviDead is pretty scary at times... It's an Adult Bishoujo game (called Hentai games by the unenlightened masses) by Himeya Soft/C's Ware. It has a good and complex multi-ending story.

JAppi 2003-11-18 13:01

The first system shock is actually alot scarier then the second system shock.

Even though the graphics are ancient and the controls are incredibly horrible it's actually one of my favourite games of all time. Sadly it's almost impossible to find System Shock.

Laguna 2003-11-18 14:59

There is couple good horror games that comes in my mind. All of them are quite old adventure games. First, Gabriel Knight 1-3. I don't know if they are more suspense than horror, but yet I had weeks of nightmares from gk2 scene, where werewolf ripped main characters throat open :eek: These games are classics, and should be found from any adventure gamers collection (imho). The second one is Shadow of the comet. It was based on HP Lovecrafts (unquestionably best horror writer ever) Cthulhu mythology.. of course it probably isn't all that scary anymore because of lousy graphic, but still it's damn good atmospheric game especially if you have read Lovecrafts books. Third one is Alone in the dark serie. How many knew that AitD was the game that inspired Resident Evil serie ? Very good horror adventure, if low-poly 3D graphics doesn't scare you away.

§lightlyintoXicated 2003-11-18 15:52

well got all parts of gk n alone in the dark never heard of shadow of the comet though n u sayin tht it's quit ol so mite b hard to find as well

Cammie 2003-11-18 16:07

Diablo 1 & 2 is pretty scary to me, I have to have the lights on to play... but I've played Resident Evil on PS1 now thats gross and scary!http://www.stupid-boy.com/smilies/ka...olp_bikuri.gif

Dark_Voodoo 2003-11-18 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by AG3
DiviDead is pretty scary at times... It's an Adult Bishoujo game (called Hentai games by the unenlightened masses) by Himeya Soft/C's Ware. It has a good and complex multi-ending story.

I agree with AG3, DiviDead scared the ***** out of me many times, and it was a good game to :D.

Playing AVP (Alien vs Predator) as marine may be one of the scariest things I'v played. That stupid motiontracker is only good for scaring you.

Octiron 2003-11-18 17:26

Scariest game experiences:

AVP as marine, the crypt in Return To Castle Wolfenstein and more or less all of the They Hunger HL mod. :)

Dark Zero 2003-11-18 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cammie
Diablo 1 & 2 is pretty scary to me, I have to have the lights on to play... but I've played Resident Evil on PS1 now thats gross and scary!http://www.stupid-boy.com/smilies/ka...olp_bikuri.gif

If you think resident evil is scary, you still got a longs way to go :p

On my list, not that scary but most scary IMO. Undying (pc) hands down. And they claimed the System Shock series were scary aswell. I find AvP2, at some parts, had a bit of a tingle effect.

Wandering_Youth 2003-11-18 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAppi
The first system shock is actually alot scarier then the second system shock.

Even though the graphics are ancient and the controls are incredibly horrible it's actually one of my favourite games of all time. Sadly it's almost impossible to find System Shock.

Oh I got it, but the CD is scratched up pretty bad and I don't even know if it will even work. Anyway, horror PC games that come to my mind are System Shock 2, Undying, and the new Doom. The lastest version of System Shock 2 has online play, which made it quite fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Voodoo
Playing AVP (Alien vs Predator) as marine may be one of the scariest things I'v played. That stupid motiontracker is only good for scaring you.

Yes...stupid motion tracker doesn't really help much and half the time I get all freaked out when a blip is on the scanner.

Superchop 2003-11-18 21:28

Myst scared the living hell out of me...

i got so scared of the game i shut it off and deleted it from my HD...

and from the fear of that game alone...i never dared to touch Riven and/or Myst III...those games would be too much for my poor little heart to handle

Shii 2003-11-18 21:35

Superchop's post reminds me of when I was little and played The 7th Guest on my friend's computer. Once that bloody hand leapt out of the painting, I got out of the room so fast :D

diabolistic 2003-11-18 23:39

Fatal Frame for PS2

it was so goddam scary, i lifted my legs off the ground,.. since i didn't want the monsters under my couch to gobble them up.