AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Reviews & Recommendations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What should I watch next? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=9017)

Phlegatu 2004-03-08 17:44

What should I watch next?

Hey. I recently started using Animesuki and Bittorrent to download anime. I've watched a few shows but am wondering if anyone can suggest me what to try next based on the shows I like.

I like Naruto, Full Metal Panic Fumoffu, Fullmetal Alchemist, Cowboy Beebop, and Berserk. I don't really have a set genre of interest, but do like it when shows are a mix of serious, comedy, action, etc. Anyway I'd appreciate any suggestions!

sensei kakashi03 2004-03-08 18:39

here just some off the top of my head:
Chrono Crusade
(highly recommend) Scrapped Princess
(highly recommend) Get Backers
E's otherwise
Avenger
Hunter X Hunter
Gunsliger Girl
Naruatru
Stellvia of the Universe

This should be sufficient enough, happy watching

Mcdonalds 2004-03-08 20:24

Scrapped Princess and its a complete series

Phlegatu 2004-03-09 00:21

Thanks people. I actually already started Scrapped Princess and Get Backers before I even posted that message. I'll give the others a look as well. Thanks.

Yamano667 2004-03-12 20:50

Juuni kooki (chronicles of the 12 kingdoms)
really good series subbed by us

SketchyMcChips 2004-03-12 23:30

Try:

Yumeria - its pretty funny and has some cute girls in it. There is also some action.

Peacemaker Kurogane - A lot of people have ripped this series to pieces comparing it to RK. If you take it as a standalone series its a good action series, theres a little comedy in it(and I mean a little) and a fair bit of violence.

Tokyo Underground - This series kinda reminds me of a Final Fantasy game for some reason...but that aside theres a lot of action in this series. It's not overly violent, but every episode seems to have at least one fight scene. There are also some pretty funny bits too.

Of the stuff i've seen that's all i can think that match your likes...of stuff that's not been licensed yet (and i think we're all watching the clock as far as the licensing of FMA is concerned, its only a matter of time :sad: )

7thMethuselah 2004-03-13 13:22

hard to say what you'll like but these are some shows available on animesuki which are all quite worthy of your time

E's Otherwise : deals with kids who have some kid of telepathic ability and a company that tries to exploit it...

Kanon : Boy returns to live with his aunt after being away for 7 years. He meets several girls he knew before but he doesn't remember any of them, the story revolves about current and previous things that happened between him and them. Strongly recommended !!

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien : A love story (very dramatic and at times depressing) about a triangle relationship between a boy and 2 girls. It was considered as one of the best anime of 2003 and I completely agree with that.

Peace Maker Kurogane : Deals with a kid who becomes the page of the Shinsengumi, a very nice historical anime with action and comedy. Don't expect something like Kenshin with lotsa fights and all, it is one of my favorites of the moment.

Scrapped Princess : Fantasy anime about a princess who is destined to destroy the world when she reaches the age of 16, a very good story and awesome graphics, this one is a must try !

Shingetsutan Tsukihime : dark and mysterious, also a bit of romance which deals with the past of a boy named Shiki and the rather weird persons around him. I don't wanna give anything away but dl the teaser it will perfectly describe the feeling this anime gives you.

Stellvia of the Universe : Earth is threatened to be destroyed by a space phenomenon. The series deals with a groups of schoolkids who study at a space academy in some space station and how they and the world face the threat and try to fend it off, awesome animation !

Tokyo Underground : A bit like getbackers naruto and stuff like that. In this show underneath Tokyo there are giant caves where people with special powers (elemental powers like water lightning etc) live. A boy decends into this underground to save a girl he loves.

Yumeria : if you like comedy - ecchi then you have to watch Yumeria, it is without a doubt the best one available at the moment! As you can expect from a show like this it introduces one guy and 5 (extremely cute) girls who fight together in a dream world to protect the world. It gets rather mysterious lately too :) . This is the nr 1 show I'm following right now.

Slade xTekno 2004-03-14 01:23

If you liked FMP: Fumoffu, try to get your hands on the first TV series [Full Metal Panic, licensed and out in the US]. The thing is you'd have to buy these...