AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Current Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Rwby (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=121034)

Tenzen12 2014-09-02 06:31

I don't think she would publish under her real name. Allow me introduce internetwide know fanfic writer Beatrice Black!

Marcus H. 2014-09-02 07:06

Ruby can clear out a plate of cookies without opening her mouth.
Yang has the durability of a stuntman.
Weiss is an aspiring comedienne.

Kreceir 2014-09-02 13:48

http://i.imgur.com/ysMA10f.jpg

Arturia Polaris 2014-09-02 21:16

Ruby has legs for days.

FredFriendly 2014-09-03 20:18

Just a few random thoughts about the recent discussions...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogart (Post 5235137)
If the White Fang have their way, there will be a war, and if the White Fang lose, so will their cause. No one is going to be able to give two shits about the Faunas and their mistreatment if they escalate things. Stopping them won't matter after the damage is done. Their only hope would be to actually win the war.

If real-world history is any guide, it is possible that, after a long, drawn-out struggle, peace and progress can be actually be achieved. The Northern Ireland peace process is a good example.

Quote:

The Faunas are not a noble family. They're an oppressed minority.
Although these statements are, in and of themselves, true, they do not preclude the possibility that there could be a noble Faunus family or two. Many oppressed minorities, races, or peoples have had noble families, including Kings and Queens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random Wanderer (Post 5236264)
Heroic symbols can be far more evocative than nameless masses.

Some people seem to be forgetting this when they think that the White Fang will all but permanently discredit the Faunus race in the eyes of humans, and that no one individual could step up to make a change for the betterment of their race. Don't the names Mahatma Gandhi and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. ring any bells? While other members of their respective minorities were waging violent confrontations with their oppressors, these men employed nonviolent civil disobedience which, in the end, was more effective in gaining sought after civil rights.

Quote:

The White Fang's tendency to hide themselves behind masks works against them in this case, as they become almost literally faceless thugs.
If, indeed, all those masked men and women are actually Faunus (I can't say I've noticed any outward signs that any of those guys with White Fang masks are Faunus). I suspect it's a lot easier for Rooster Teeth to put masks on all the faces of the minions (or just replicate a myriad of clones) instead of actually giving them individual or quasi-individual faces.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenzen12 (Post 5236371)
3) Blake joined WF as fauna and for faunas, because she believed it's right thing. If Adam or some other close person were in pinch, she might help them as one-time event. But she will not join loosing, morally wrong side that hurt reputation of her kind.

It's also good to remember that the White Fang that Blake belonged to while she was growing up is not the same organization as the White Fang is now. It went from having peaceful, nonviolent demonstrations to being ostensibly a terrorist organization. Something akin to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and the peaceful protesters morphing into the Black Panther party where torture and murder (even of their own members) was perfectly acceptable.

I also wonder if Blake, initially, became a member of the White Fang because her parents belonged, such as most young children will have the same religious views as their parents.

Bogart 2014-09-04 06:16

So today is the day for the big Final Fantasy VIII episode. Put on your dance shoes and grab a partner!

Tormenk 2014-09-04 06:59

https://38.media.tumblr.com/074c128d...6ioo1_1280.jpg

So I'm probably going to like tmr's episode as well. I think?

bakato 2014-09-04 18:14

What was I thinking? Looking back, there was double foreshadowing in the last episode. The identity of Jaune's semblance is brought up and Cinder planned on poisoning Pyrrha. Whatever his semblance is, I think its clear he"ll end up saving Pyrrha's life with it.

Just watched the episode. I am so disappointed. I never would've thought formal Mercury could look like such a dork.

shadow1296 2014-09-04 20:08

i agree with nora, practice what you preach pyrrha, also i feel sorry for jaune he was seriously head over heels for weiss and you can literaly see the moment his heart breaks. So yang has been looking for her mother that is good to know and we saw qrow's outline and insignia this episode,and the insignia is a clockwork crow eye

Funkatron 2014-09-04 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow1296 (Post 5239360)
i agree with nora, practice what you preach pyrrha, also i feel sorry for jaune he was seriously head over heels for weiss and you can literaly see the moment his heart breaks. So yang has been looking for her mother that is good to know and we saw qrow's outline and insignia this episode,and the insignia is a clockwork crow eye

So its safe to assume that her mother was who she was looking for during the Yellow trailer? Or was it already revealed earlier?

shadow1296 2014-09-04 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funkatron (Post 5239412)
So its safe to assume that her mother was who she was looking for during the Yellow trailer? Or was it already revealed earlier?

yeah its safe to assume that, yang herself said she has't stopped looking but slowed down and she was looking for a woman in the yellow trailer,

Frailty 2014-09-04 20:58

I really like that Yang confronting Blake part, that was pretty deep. Seems there was more to Yang than meets the eye. Not sure if it was confirmed before but now we know why Yang and Ruby doesn't have a lot of resemblances despite them being sisters. We'd probably meet Yang's mother soon and I can pretty much tell that it's gonna be big. I also want to meet their uncle, it's more so than likely that Ruby studied her fighting abilities under his care.

blakstealth 2014-09-04 21:09

Good character-building episode. Poor Pyrrha

Random Wanderer 2014-09-04 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funkatron (Post 5239412)
So its safe to assume that her mother was who she was looking for during the Yellow trailer?

Since the picture in the flashback is the same one she was showing to Junior in the Yellow trailer, I'd say yes.

Quote:

Not sure if it was confirmed before but now we know why Yang and Ruby doesn't have a lot of resemblances despite them being sisters.
It's been revealed that they were half-sisters by Monty Oum on twitter in the past, although I kind of suspect he only revealed it because he got sick of shippers and crazy theorists always pestering him to learn if they were blood-related or not.

kenjiharima 2014-09-04 21:34

I noticed this on RWBY since s1, after team rwby wins an epic fight it shifts to team Juane.
Ep.5 in a nutshell red hair ass kicking, Blake's eyebug ,rejected by ice queen and the girl that likes you is in front of you stupid! yeah such cliche moments , but it was fun while the bad guys plot.

Also THAT LOOK on her eyes again. Pyrrha's really into Juane. :heh:

http://i.imgur.com/bf9ZAfW.jpg

Raviel 2014-09-04 21:51

^LOL

Guys, I think Pyrrha likes Jaune :heh:

Someone really needs to do a compilation of Pyrrha's "look" faces.

Randrak42 2014-09-04 21:54

I'm just gonna say this...people that complain, make fun of and get angry at Jaune for trying to go after Weiss and not noticing Pyrrha likes him, shame on you! Really, shame on you! You're basically saying "A male character is not allowed to like a female character other than the one that likes him."
Seriously...it's clear as day that Jaune has a big crush on Weiss, not just some comic relief crush but a serious one. Just because Pyrrha likes him, doesn't mean he HAS to like her as well. Seeing this episode actually made me really sad for Jaune because you can see the moment his heart breaks, having another girl that really likes him doesn't make it any less painful (especially when she doesn't tell him anyway).

Look, I know that Jaune and Pyrrha are pretty much destined for eachother, it's incredibly obvious they will end up together if anything. I also understand fan pairings, I also love and support JauneXPyrrha above any other pairing in this series...but if he likes someone else, then he has a right to like her.

Wandering Soul 2014-09-04 23:23

I feel bad for both Jaune and Pyrrha. Jaune did have a huge crush on Weiss and now he got his heart broken. Pyrrha really should follow her own advice but it was still pretty noble of her to encourage Jaune. It was also nice to see Yang open up to Blake about her past and convince Blake to take things slow.

Tenzen12 2014-09-04 23:49

Well considering that Weiss and Neptune wasn't together (and actualy that he left even before hearing answer, which invite standart misunderstanding) I do think Jaune has still chance. I will proudly stand as lone warior of Weiss x June ship from now.

Also while mother sound interesting I wanna see uncle Crow even more now :D

Funkatron 2014-09-04 23:56

Did anyone else lol when Yang lured Blake with a laser pointer? :D:heh: