AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Nanoha/Vivid Franchise (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 01 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=45083)

monir 2007-04-01 19:12

Welcome to the discussion thread for StrikerS, Episode 01.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for raws.
  • Absolutely no spoilers for future events from the game or the manga in the anime thread.
    If you need to reply to someone with a reference to the game or manga, then PM them. Any spoilers, even under the spoiler tags, that reveals future events will be deleted.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread.

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=your title]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for reminder:

johnjefferson3 2007-04-01 19:57

this is indeed the best show ever for this season and as a hugh nanoha fan i had to sign up to be in thse forums, i was so happy that i got to see this show and can not wait until next week when episode 2 airs!!!! so as soon as this thread open i had to vote a perfect score, since the whole nanoha universe and story is just so excellent and is told wonderfully, and i like all the characters too, everyone must watch this show!!!!!

aroduc 2007-04-01 19:58

Caps and a brief summary. Cross posted from the other thread.
http://www.seiha.org/blog/?p=30

Or if you just want caps

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/4...tledlt0.th.jpg

Nothing but the LQ airs until tomorrow though. *sigh*

Brief spoilerfree version is "Great first ep. A little low on the drama since it's 100% training stuff, and a little high on the cheese factor, but it's a great intro to Subaru and Tiana's dynamic and abilities."

QBnoYouko 2007-04-01 20:06

I watched all of what was on moetron's blog. I liked what I saw, Teana and Subaru are badass, and I'm certainly loving the feel of the new series. Like aroduc said, dynamic.

Love the OP as well (and the PV looks real juushi~) but I didn't get to see the proper end of the episode nor the ED, or anything after that. Forced to get that huge MQ file now. :X

Village Idiot 2007-04-01 21:08

Subaru's spells:

Revolver Shoot -- Ranged attack. Ball of magical energy. Consumes 1x cartridge.
Break Road -- Creates a magical road path that a person can physically walk on.
Divine Buster -- Copied off Nanoha's. Consumes 2x cartridges.

She also did homages to at least four different Robot series (GaoGaiGar. Gear Fighter Dendoh. Combattler V. Alteisen(SRW)):D

mikemil828 2007-04-01 21:20

Summary of the ending:

- Tiana remarks about how short Reinforce 2 is, her size wasn't apparent when she was on the monitor.
- Nanoha shows up, gets Reinforce 2 to lay off the rookies, Subaru is stunned by Nanoha's presence, having not seen her since Nahoha rescued her. Nanoha still remembers Subaru from that time, Subaru cries tears of joy, while Fate and Hayate watch from the helicopter

The Preview:
Spoiler:

LoweGear 2007-04-01 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Village Idiot (Post 885585)
Subaru's spells:

Revolver Shoot -- Ranged attack. Ball of magical energy. Consumes 1x cartridge.
Break Road -- Creates a magical road path that a person can physically walk on.
Divine Buster -- Copied off Nanoha's. Consumes 2x cartridges.

She also did homages to at least four different Robot series (GaoGaiGar. Gear Fighter Dendoh. Combattler V. Alteisen(SRW)):D

You think Subaru is secretly a mecha otaku? :heh: :heh: :heh:

I'm surprised no one's yet said anything about Teana's abilities, judging from the summary I read, since it seems she's quite the expert at illusion spells. I mean, Invisibility AND bunshins? :eyebrow:

KBTKaiser 2007-04-01 21:50

AS Alegrias(SRW Alpha 3)? ...but she's a shooter type >>;

Here's one! Blanche Neige(SRWD)'s Knight Dimension!

scientist314 2007-04-01 21:55

Great start for the new season. Even though there wasn't a whole lot of character development in this episode, at least it showed off the animation quality. I was a bit surprised to see Subaru use Divine Buster. Although, it was a little weak compared to Nanoha's at the beginning of the episode ;) . Looking forward to some more plot advancement next week.

raidou 2007-04-01 21:56

hmmmm where the hell is Yuno Scrya , didn't see him in the opening to :( not that i hate Fate X Nanoha pairing :D

Opening not that great >< still prefer A's

Village Idiot 2007-04-01 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by raidou (Post 885643)
hmmmm where the hell is Yuno Scrya , didn't see him in the opening to :( not that i hate Fate X Nanoha pairing :D

Opening not that great >< still prefer A's

Yuno and Arf aren't on the cast list, though they'll probably show up as cameos here and there.

raidou 2007-04-01 22:16

:( that suck, no explanation for that ribbon on his hairs :frustrated: shown on A's ending

Village Idiot 2007-04-01 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by raidou (Post 885664)
:( that suck, no explanation for that ribbon on his hairs :frustrated: shown on A's ending

IIRC, it was confirmed in an article that the ribbon on his hair is Nanoha's.

And Teana sure is something, using shotgun shells as ammo in a pistol.

Key Board 2007-04-01 22:20

He got it from Chrono

raidou 2007-04-01 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Village Idiot (Post 885667)
IIRC, it was confirmed in an article that the ribbon on his hair is Nanoha's.

And Teana sure is something, using shotgun shells as ammo in a pistol.

yeah i know that , just expecting some kind of story behind it ><

Lol wonder whether teana will do any move similar to Weiss Ritter

Xellos-_^ 2007-04-01 22:45

Just finish watching Ep1.

A few thoughts - I like the new op/ed but A's op/ed was better.

Not as Action as A's first ep but that is epected since A's was a 13 ep series and S is a 26 Ep series. But still pretty good.

Form the op:

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/4905/pdvd031jg5.jpg

Just me or does she look like Loli-size Rider :p

From the preview:

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5586/pdvd032kv9.jpg

Looks like Nanoha, Fate and Hayate are very friendly ith each other :naughty: I guess instead of asking for a twosome between Fate and nanoha, we should have been asking for a Threesome between Fate/nanoha/Hayate :D

Btw shouldn't the Nanoha sub-forum be move to the Current series Section

raidou 2007-04-01 22:51

Well if you want Hayate X Nanoha X Fate , you have to include signum and gang too:heh:

Ruri 2007-04-01 22:59

I laughed so hard when I saw the preview, because of Fate's sleeping posture...

guest 2007-04-01 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruri (Post 885715)
I laughed so hard when I saw the preview, because of Fate's sleeping posture...

But I think it is more realistic. Just look at all three of them. It is possible in real life to sleep like that. If you remember the scence with nanoha, arisa, and suzuka back in the onsen ep in the first season-and many, many other scences in the past-- that was just too "neat" to be real.

And, yes, Fate in that screencap, how cute. :)

Serenity85 2007-04-01 23:21

finally saw the ep, and I'm pleased^^ I got my flashback scene, some very nice action/fighting scenes, not to mention some impressive spell action (teana's copy/illusion moves were very cool^^) and some kawai Reinforce 2 moments.

as for th pink hair girl in the OP, my guess is shes tied to the villain in some way cause she's "new" and we have no info on her which follows suit with the trend of not knowing the villian before the show airs. lets hope she doesn't completely follow the same bad girl turn good, at least not right away and she plays a huge role in things^^