AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   K-On! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 14 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=95180)

Sparvid 2010-07-06 16:11

Even before subs, this is a perfect 10 for me. I get the feeling I'll be rewatching this a lot.

An adaptation of my favorite manga chapter, but the two things I laughed hardest at were both anime originals: Mugi winning the arm wrestling in about 0.6 seconds, and later yoinking Mio's strawberry (Mio's reaction is, well, icing on the proverbial cake).

Although without subs, I did find it slightly confusing to keep up with the order of things. Did the events take place over several different days?

*gasp* "Just a moment, please!" :D

Ithekro 2010-07-06 16:17

Only thing missing (though not likely in this anime) is if the bear Ritsu and Mugi won was a Bonta-kun instead....Or Tomoyo's bear costume.

shyezrylei 2010-07-06 16:27

Subs or no subs, this episode is an automatic 10 for me! OP was pretty damn cool but the song stands average at best for me. And the ED, oh man, THE ED... I... I can't seem to put my feelings into words about the ED. Just amazing.

Proto 2010-07-06 16:32

The OP's in K-ON have always gave the feeling of a self-promo made by the band, but I gotta love the amateurish feel this new opening gave. Haha, it had me laughing. Ingenious as usual. :)

LC 2010-07-06 16:33

Haven't seen the episode yet, but this was definitely the best K-On! op yet! I loved the way the crowd began to spin around with Yui by the end, and just watching it makes me smile. It illustrates what K-On! is about. Although I didn't mind it in Go! Go! Maniac, the chimpmunk is much less strong in this one.

As for the ending, the song didn't immediately catch on with me, but the animation was awesome! I didn't like it as much as Listen, but it was better than Don't Say Lazy.

kitten320 2010-07-06 16:36

I myself liked Listen ED the least somehow, both music based and animation... the weird looking second Mio still bothers me... but that's my opinion^^

But it did have some nice outfits aka Ritsu's and Yui's.

Wonder how many new fan art based on this ED will come out now. Listen had huge success.

Vexx 2010-07-06 16:53

I think its an interesting example of how taste can vary in that we've got such a bipolarized split between people who like the 3 OPs and people who like the 3 EDs (but each not the other so much). Almost like a genre split :) or like how people tend to polarize over different types of Beatle music.

Yes, the "chipmunk" was less strong in the new OP ... my wife tends to be seriously anti-chipmunk so imagine she'll down-thumb it but will probably like the ED. The new OP's visuals are very "Monkees"-like or a bit "Help!" (Beatles) in absurdist bits.

kitten320 2010-07-06 17:00

I didn't like OP much both visually and musically, duno why. It had some fun parts but it just didn't grab my attention.. though I liked the glomping part especially when poor Nodoka had fallen over.

Sparvid 2010-07-06 17:06

By the way, what is that microphone-thingie that Yui uses in the OP?

Knowing KyoAni, I'm guessing that it has a real life equivalent.

LC 2010-07-06 17:12

^I think it's Yui's cellphone.

MeoTwister5 2010-07-06 20:28

http://www.littlebigplanetoid.com/im...er_awesome.jpg

bhl88 2010-07-06 21:21

It's probably the 3rd season already... The reason why they changed the OP and ED

GMT 2010-07-06 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flame Haze (Post 3125385)
^I think it's Yui's cellphone.

It's the wrong size to be her cellphone. It's probably a wireless mic dressed up in a gift box.

Having only seen the OP and ED so far . . . well, if all the HTT performances from here to the end of the series are done by cardboard cutout, we'll know why. Wow, what mind-blowing animation.

I'm going to be the anti-cool kid and say I preferred the OP to the ED. Why? There's nothing wrong with the ED. It's just . . . how shall we put it . . . like a classic rock station. You know the music's really good, but it was new when your parents were fogging up the back window of their '72 Dodge Dart. And at the end of the day, the songs all just run together.

The OP was interesting. Unique, to quote a certain purple-haired android. The fact that it ate a bottle of No-Doz like it were candy helps too.

Mind you, this is from the perspective of someone who listens to a lot of classic and hard rock. Your results may vary. Do not consume a whole bottle of No-Doz like it were candy; it will kill you. If your parents are too young to have fogged up the back window of a '72 Dodge Dart, I feel you pain. I truly do.

LC 2010-07-06 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMT (Post 3125785)
It's the wrong size to be her cellphone. It's probably a wireless mic dressed up in a gift box.

Having only seen the OP and ED so far . . . well, if all the HTT performances from here to the end of the series are done by cardboard cutout, we'll know why. Wow, what mind-blowing animation.

I'm going to be the anti-cool kid and say I preferred the OP to the ED. Why? There's nothing wrong with the ED. It's just . . . how shall we put it . . . like a classic rock station. You know the music's really good, but it was new when your parents were fogging up the back window of their '72 Dodge Dart. And at the end of the day, the songs all just run together.

The OP was interesting. Unique, to quote a certain purple-haired android. The fact that it ate a bottle of No-Doz like it were candy helps too.

Mind you, this is from the perspective of someone who listens to a lot of classic and hard rock. Your results may vary. Do not consume a whole bottle of No-Doz like it were candy; it will kill you. If your parents are too young to have fogged up the back window of a '72 Dodge Dart, I feel you pain. I truly do.

Oh, well, you're probably right. :heh: Btw, I feel the same way about the op.

OZ7UP 2010-07-06 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhl88 (Post 3125769)
It's probably the 3rd season already... The reason why they changed the OP and ED

No. It's still the second season.

Haven't seen the episode yet, but I was nearly tempted to give the episode a high score based on the ED itself. Will definitely score it once I see the subs tonight.

Vexx 2010-07-06 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhl88 (Post 3125769)

Continuous runs are called a "season" outside of Japan whether they are one or two cours. The second season of K-On!! is two cours. Yeah, it can be confusing. A "cour" is 1/4 of a year in a Japan.

The OP/ED sometimes changes when the new cour starts.

Gordy Lechance 2010-07-06 22:54

Heard taht the manga artist has taken the challenge, bit the bullet, and continued the saga of the Afterschool Tea Time band into the college years.

Obviously 26 is not quite enough to cover all that, and with 12 remaining of that, no less.

YES PLEASE to a College Years Third Season!! :)

Proto 2010-07-06 23:28

Quote:

Heard taht the manga artist has taken the challenge, bit the bullet, and continued the saga of the Afterschool Tea Time band into the college years.
Your source must be the psycho octopus or something then. :p

Vexx 2010-07-06 23:34

Yeah... would need linkage for that kind of rumor, links, interview, something? Not that I wouldn't *like* it to be true...

SaintessHeart 2010-07-06 23:38

+1000,000,000 for the ED. That is a brilliant piece of composition, like going back to the Don't Say Lazy style of composition.