AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Past Macross Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163)
-   -   Macross Frontier - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=67785)

Skyfall 2008-06-19 11:16

Macross Frontier - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Macross, Episode 11.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Tabris 2008-06-19 11:51

I missed just about the entire episode, but the new ED is nice.

Spoiler for Episode 12 preview:

Edit: There's a horrible raw out from that place, for those who are interested :) I'd post the pics, but it's 2:32 here in Japan and I'm going to sleep instead.

Anyway, like I said, raws are out for those who want to see.

glyph 2008-06-19 13:09

Spoiler for Episode 12 preview:

Spoiler:

ipernorris 2008-06-19 13:26

WHAT THE HELL?!?
Why that guy from the original SDFM is in Frontier? He should be dead either because of weapons or aging!!!!

cheesie 2008-06-19 13:42

Spoiler for Episode 11:

Key Board 2008-06-19 14:00

Klan explained in this episode that there are two types of Zentradi who has experienced culture

Those like her who are err.. converted into the lifestyle

And those who have seen it, but are more comfortable living their old lifestyle. Klan apparently does not get along with this kind of people.The supposed legendary fleet they are meeting up with belongs to the later.

Counter culture of Zentradi pride? Either way, It's good to see there are still culture exposed Zentradi who have a different mindset

glyph 2008-06-19 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by crisis (Post 1664195)
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

ipernorris 2008-06-19 14:10

Can you guys stop putting these damned spoiler tags about episode 11?!? This thread is about episode 11!!! People who enters here know they may be spoiled.
Anyway Grace is confirmed to be the female voice who talked to Leon and that commands Brera. A glimpse of Alto's mother is seen as well, for the first time since the beginning of the series. A part from that this episode has been used to set the field for the next one, where big battles will take place.

Swampstorm 2008-06-19 14:57

Ah, I absolutely love Sheryl's symbolic presents. It's no wonder that she likes writing lyrics: she has the soul of a poet. :love:

/gush

ReddyRedWolf 2008-06-19 15:32

Eh? Wait he's back?! Doesn't he ever die?

Though it is likely those two are Zentradi clones.

Interesting we're getting Zentradi will we get Supervision Army as well?

I edited a post from the Universe thread.
Quote:

Imagine a UN Spacy Macross colony fleet of Human, Zentradi and Zolan with some cyborg citizens too stumbling in a war.

Clueless Zentradi on the left, Hot sexy Meltrandi on the right, Zombie Supervision Army in the rear.

You in the middle of the clusterfrack.

Add in the Protoculture's birdmen and Vajra for spice. Judging all of them are bunch of failed experiments.

Then Sheryl launches with a red VF-19.

War is stupid! LISTEN TO MY SONG!:frustrated:

dee32 2008-06-19 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by ipernorris (Post 1664246)
Anyway Grace is confirmed to be the female voice who talked to Leon and that commands Brera.

Grace seems to me more than a human with implants and more like a cyborg like Brera. So was that her who met with Leon back in ep. 10? The capabilities she shown so far kind of reminds me of the Major from Ghost in the Shell.

TwilightHack 2008-06-19 16:42

That little animal thing is just way too cute. So was the part with chibi-Alto with his plane.

Loved the episode.. the ending was a bit sad though.

Deathkillz 2008-06-19 18:03

Spoiler:

Kaoru Chujo 2008-06-19 18:18

Wonderful sad episode. But I still can't predict who will end up with whom, if anyone ends up with anyone. Of course, the fact that I sympathize totally with Ranka and don't much like Sheryl as a person may color my thoughts, lol.

Nakajima Megumi's new ED was outstanding. An example of why singing or performing that's too perfect can be boring. This was neither perfect nor boring, but full of feeling and melody.

CaptGloval 2008-06-19 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by dee32 (Post 1664397)
Grace seems to me more than a human with implants and more like a cyborg like Brera. So was that her who met with Leon back in ep. 10? The capabilities she shown so far kind of reminds me of the Major from Ghost in the Shell.

I got the Ghost in the Shell resemblance back in Ep 6 when she used her phone implant.

Tak 2008-06-19 19:45

While one character appears to be Quamzim, the other one cannot be Vrlitwhai. Watch the previews and DYRL and you will notice immediately the physical differences. Moreover, last time I checked, Vrlitwhai is on Earth, and presumably still the acting commander-in-chief of UN SPACY forces.

Although its nice to see a Zentradi battleship bridge again. I missed it.

... but why the HELL is Quamzin piloting a friggin Queadluun-Rau!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ipernorris (Post 1664246)
Anyway Grace is confirmed to be the female voice who talked to Leon and that commands Brera.

I get the impression that she is hacking through communication channels and listening to Leon's conversations. Her lips weren't moving, it was just background conversations.

- Tak

cheesie 2008-06-19 19:56

Does anyone know what Sheryl and Ranka were talking about in the middle of the episode?

Tak 2008-06-19 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by crisis (Post 1664729)
Does anyone know what Sheryl and Ranka were talking about in the middle of the episode?

They were discussing about Alto's birthday, and Ranka was wondering if her concert ticket would be enough.

Then Sheryl referred to Alto using a 'familiar-term', saying Alto will gladly accept, which made Ranka all jumpy. Then she got sick.

Anyway... I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! WHY KAWAMORI, WHY!!!

- Tak

nines 2008-06-19 20:07

Finally episode 11 was out. I didn't understand any of the episode but from what im guessing Sheryl hit on Alto and maybe he said I like you to, I hope atleast. Ranka ofcourse being happy on camera and being everywhere and gettin depressed lol totally known by every one. But go Sheryl boob grabing ^.^

Psychodragon 2008-06-19 20:24

This was a nice episode.

As much as I'm all for an Alto x Sheryl pairing, I feel really bad for Ranka in this episode...

-PD