AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   New Dragon Ball Z Movie (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=113402)

DeathStrike 2012-07-15 00:10

New Dragon Ball Z Movie

Tye movie will be made by Akira Toriyama and released March 30. Here is the good stuff we know so far:

The timeline is between Dragon Ball Z manga chapters 323 and 324 or 517 (or 517 and 518 when factoring in the original Dragon Ball). In other words, Dragon Ball Z 2013 will tell the story of what happens after Goku defeats Kid Buu, but before the 10 year timeskip and the 28th World Martial Arts Tournament.

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2012/07/...art-of-series/

HasuMasu 2012-07-15 02:40

Dragon Ball fights with today's technology?

My monies, take all my monies.

sky black swordman 2012-07-15 03:06

YES I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD THIS!:hyper-^v^:
Goku and the rest of the Z fighters are back!

amasposu 2012-07-15 03:35

Oh good. It is animated. (I literally cringed when I read the title. I thought it would be another live action.)

In terms of the manga, the Majin Buu arc is my favorite. I am looking forward to this movie.

HasuMasu 2012-07-15 03:52

Personally the Frieza Saga was my favorite but fuck it, I'm still going to love this.

NoemiChan 2012-07-15 03:55

Hope they stick to the original design and limit the use of too much 3rd... its like unnatural for some fans.

j0x 2012-07-15 09:33

so before they meet Uub (reincarnated good Buu) they will have to fight another enemy, great and more great is that Toriyama is involved, so this is like an official part of the Dragon Ball story then

bring it on!!! XD

Guy Incognito 2012-07-15 17:26

the return of the ginyu force

Richocet 2012-07-15 17:43

Yay, finally some good news for the day

sayde 2012-07-15 18:44

Knowing there'll be another animated DBZ movie after all these years was enough to make my day. But to know it's canon and that it will take place after Buu's defeat just makes the possibilities all the more exciting. Because this means (unlike those previous OVA's), we stand a good chance of seeing Goku go SSJ3 again. This movie even opens up the possibility for Gogeta to make his very first *canon* appearance! And as if this wasn't enough, the action, animation, and visuals are all likely to be updated to current standards (for lack of a better term).

Long story short, I'm completely psyched for this. The only question I'll be wondering is what possible threat will be introduced to force our OP'd protagonists to have to go all out one last time.

Master_Yoma 2012-07-15 21:41

Well it looks like Funi is drooling

sky black swordman 2012-07-15 23:23

^ Duh more money what they or well some of them see this $$$.
My favorite saga was the Cell Saga. I found the change in Gohan when he went SS2 interesting . I mean look how he acted and behaved.
He acted more like a Saiyan or acted more like a primitive Saiyan.

Yui Is My Wife 2012-07-16 00:56

Who is going to play Videl now that Minaguchi Yuuko has left Japan to learn English, and is effectively retired from voice acting?

Darn her voice as Akiko-oneechan from Kanon was simply enchanting. :)

Kafriel 2012-07-16 01:37

Dragonball just never dies, huh? This makes me wonder if we'll be seeing One Piece movies 10 years from now. Anyway, as others have said, that god it's not live action :heh: Interesting timeline pick to make the movie...

MAX_COLA_POWER! 2012-07-16 01:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafriel (Post 4257043)
Dragonball just never dies, huh? This makes me wonder if we'll be seeing One Piece movies 10 years from now. Anyway, as others have said, that god it's not live action :heh: Interesting timeline pick to make the movie...

Dragonball die? Surely you jest. As long as there are old ladies to play guy characters, as long as there are fighter video games made by the most obsessed DB fan, and as long as Funimation pulls Sean Schimmel away from 4shitz to be on the winning team again, there will ALWAYS be dragonball.

Destined_Fate 2012-07-16 02:56

Well, it was about time they decided to fit in stuff between the time skip. I always knew it was intentional for possible future stories.

Krillin is looking like a younger version of his GT self.

anigu 2012-07-16 08:27

As long as Toriyama himself is involved, we can count on the story. One more plus point is that the fighting scenes will look more gorgeous.

GDB 2012-07-16 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife (Post 4256993)
Who is going to play Videl now that Minaguchi Yuuko has left Japan to learn English, and is effectively retired from voice acting?

I'm leaning toward Ayumi Fujimura. Mostly just because of the Magic Kaito link between her and Mr. Satan's new voice actor.

And while this looks promising, I gotta say I'm still waiting for them to ever revisit Future Trunks' timeline. Surely they could milk another Broly movie or Buu movie out of him. And if the new Bardock special is anything to go by, they'd do well to tie in Super Saiyan 3 Trunks from Dragon Ball Heroes into continuity.

Kyero Fox 2012-07-16 12:09

Wuaah, no super deep compelling store! DBZ sucks [/babyrantihearfrompeoplewhosayDBZisahorribleanime]

cant freakin wait!

Kirarakim 2012-07-16 13:31

One Piece might still be ongoing 10 years from now. :p

Anyways this sounds really cool. Okay DBZ might not be the greatest thing ever but it's sure a lot of fun. It was my first anime or the series that started my anime fandom so it will always have a special place in my heart.

Frankly I was a bit disappointed with the"ending" of DBZ and the less said about GT the better but I did enjoy the Buu saga and where the characters were at during this point of the story.

And yes I hope we see Gogeta!

There is certainly a 90's renaissance going on lately.

edit: Okay so I was thinking with this, the new Sailor Moon series, and the Rurouni Kenshin stuff (although that last one was a disappointment)

The only thing left too announce is something for Yu Yu Hakusho. :D