AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Eden of the East (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Eden of the East generic discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=76379)

monir 2009-01-06 01:50

Eden of the East generic discussion

http://e.imagehost.org/0197/14173.jpg

Animation Production: Production I. G

Genre: SciFi-Mystery??

Expected Release Date: Spring 2009

Now this is one series I'm very interested at just because Kamiyama Kenji is spearheading the project from every front. I'm also guessing that his involvement guarantees that we will see some better animation work from Production I. G. The story reads just as interesting. The synopsis in the following is borrowed from here:
On November 22, 2010 ten missiles strike Japan. However, this unprecedented terrorist act, later to be called as "Careless Monday," does not result in any apparent victims, and is soon forgotten by almost everyone. Then, 3 months later... Saki Morimi is a young woman currently in the United States of America on her graduation trip. But just when she is in front of the White House, Washington DC, she gets into trouble, and only the unexpected intervention of one of her fellow countrymen saves her. However, this man, who introduces himself as Akira Takizawa, is a complete mystery. He appears to have lost his memory. and he is stark naked, except for the gun he holds in one hand, and the mobile phone he's holding with the other hand. A phone that is charged with 8,200,000,000 yen in digital cash.
Feel free to add any pertinent information, so the opening post can be updated accordingly. Looking forward to it.

Edit 1: Staff info is listed in the following on 020809... thanks goes to kyouray.

Staff (thanks to AnimeWatcher) :
Original creator, director, screenplay : Kenji KAMIYAMA (神山健治)
Original Character Design : Chika UMINO (羽海野チカ)
Character Design : Satoko MORIKAWA (森川聡子)
Music : Kenji KAWAI (川井憲次)
Animation director : Satoru NAKAMURA (中村悟)
Art director : Yusuke TAKEDA (竹田悠介)
Animation production : Production I.G (プロダクションI.G)

tigerwoods 2009-01-06 06:49

I'm a Kamiyama Kenji and Production I.G fan, so I can't wait >_<
The synopsis is very interesting too.

Westlo 2009-01-06 11:10

Kamiyama Kenji & Production I.G = must watch.

VooXoo 2009-01-23 05:23

I must see this anime, seems good.

And I want that cellphone, hope they make a limited editon or something.

LeoXiao 2009-01-24 00:03

Production IG? Looks promising.m

_juu 2009-02-03 11:10

I'm totally hooked on that synopsis. I think, currently this is the series I'm looking forward to most in the next season.
Just wish they would put new information on the website sometime soon... like the character design. (which I'm looking foward to, because Chika Umino is involved, yeah!)

BluWacky 2009-02-07 05:55

There's a tiny, tiny scan from the latest Newtype available on Moonphase Diary that gives an idea of the character designs and artwork if you squint closely. It looks beautiful (I know most anime looks good these days, but it really does look shiny) and I love Umino's character designs and the way they've been adapted.

Apparently the article also says there will be a movie version out later this year. Normally I hope for continuations rather than re-edits, but in this case I'd much rather we had a complete TV series.

kyouray 2009-02-07 14:25

Claies 2009-02-07 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyouray (Post 2203948)

Holy crap, I thought Kamiyama was it, but they have an all-star staff here. Chika Umino just added another couple pluses.

cicido 2009-02-08 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyouray (Post 2203948)

FFFFFF Chika Umino for character design? I'm curious now.

_gallo_ 2009-02-09 16:33

Chara design on Famitsu: http://www.famitsu.com/anime/news/1221780_1558.html

Looks nice.

qmeister 2009-02-09 19:31

Heh heh, those eyes bring back memories.

duckroll 2009-02-10 03:15

The blog's up with cleaner pics: http://juiz.jp/blog/

Another article about the series and movie: http://www.cinematopics.com/cinema/n...?news_seq=8010

It says that the TV series will run for 11 eps. So I guess this is Kamiyama's shortest series so far! Hope it's good.

monir 2009-02-10 03:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckroll (Post 2208937)
It says that the TV series will run for 11 eps. So I guess this is Kamiyama's shortest series so far! Hope it's good.

The length of the series makes me very excited and raises my expectation to a higher level. In most cases, a show benefits when the core material can be delivered in a concise manner. Less room for filler is always a good thing.

duckroll 2009-02-10 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by monir (Post 2208938)
The length of the series makes me very excited and raises my expectation to a higher level. In most cases, a show benefits when the core material can be delivered in a concise manner. Less room for filler is always a good thing.

Yeah, ideally the length should be enough to develop the core characters enough to create a strong emotional bond with the audience, while not dragging the story on beyond the amount of interesting concepts and content the creators can come up with. 11 might be a little short compared to most series, but if it was planned from the start to be a striking short story type of series, it could end up being pretty awesome.

cicido 2009-02-11 02:51

Is it just me or does Akira look identical to Morita-senpai? :twitch:

nixie 2009-02-11 03:38

Lol, MoritaxHagu?
I'm feeling hyped up seeing the two Kenjis again on a project. It's like a consolation after realising they're not working on Erin.

-chii- 2009-02-11 05:31

I heard about this a while ago and i can't wait to see what it's all about. I just hope it's not your typical memory loss type of show.

BluWacky 2009-02-11 08:35

I spent a whole load of time last night typing up all the useful blog entries on the website about various terms to be used in the show, but got fed up and deleted them all before posting. Because I'm actually rather interested in this series (I might even WATCH it!), a basic summary of the interesting salient points is below, spoilered for people who like to go in completely blind:

Spoiler for Stuff from the website:

People who have proper Nihongo-fu, please correct as necessary. I really need to knuckle back down to vocab/grammar learning...

Blue-kun 2009-02-12 19:25

"Juiz" means "Judge" in English. So probably he's the one who hands out the verdicts? :heh:

Anyway, thanks for the info, BluWacky! Now that I know they've got some names in Portuguese (my native language) on it I'm even more interested.

By the way, weren't there any new scans on Newtype? I saw a small one on moonphase a few days ago, so I wonder if there are bigger scans on the net by now? Should just read above. :eyespin: