AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Reviews & Recommendations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Kid wants to watch animes...help!!!! (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=112581)

Midnight2352 2012-05-31 19:09

Kid wants to watch animes...help!!!!

One of my cousins who is a 10 year old, has seen me watching animes. I showed her one piece, vampire knight and La corda d'oro. By the looks of it, she wants to watch romance animes but i don't want to show her an anime with any echii or yuri/yaoi (in other words, inappropriate things) I would gladly accept any suggestions. Please refrain from listing really kiddie shows or she will notice and get angry at me. :upset:

Thanks!!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHA 2012-05-31 19:53

What is the difference between this thread and your previous thread? You mean minus the drama element?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight2352 (Post 4184251)
I would like an anime with drama and romance mainly. School/slice of life is fine. I don't want any mecha or echii. Please list some suggestions and a brief summary of the anime. Thanx!!!:)

Anyway, I suppose you could show her....Clannad, Kaichou wa Maid sama, Hanasakeru Seishounen, Hakuouki, Ouran,Earl&Fairy and Toradora?

But seeing that your cousin is a 10 year old kid....and judging by the fact that the animes you listed have amples of bishounens, Earl and Fairy as well as Hanasakeru Seishounen should be at the top of your list. Hakuouki is also full of bishies, but romance is really just one part of it. Plus, we don't want to corrupt a 10 year old kid with swords, blood and vampire swordsman, do we?

jedinat 2012-05-31 19:59

Full Moon o Sagashite
Princess Tutu

Midnight2352 2012-05-31 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA (Post 4186090)
What is the difference between this thread and your previous thread? You mean minus the drama element?

Anyway, I suppose you could show her....Clannad, Kaichou wa Maid sama, Hanasakeru Seishounen, Hakuouki, Ouran,Earl&Fairy and Toradora?

But seeing that your cousin is a 10 year old kid....and judging by the fact that the animes you listed have amples of bishounens, Earl and Fairy as well as Hanasakeru Seishounen should be at the top of your list. Hakuouki is also full of bishies, but romance is really just one part of it. Plus, we don't want to corrupt a 10 year old kid with swords, blood and vampire swordsman, do we?

Not really, anything is good but must have romance (she wants that) and no inappropraite stuff. And yes...don't want to corrupt her like that. Not at this age. Hope i made sense. :)

MUAHAHAHAHAHA 2012-05-31 20:04

Then cross out Hakuouki. The rest is just fine.

Kirito 2012-05-31 20:08

Let's see what I have.

Ahem:

Air, Black Rock Shooter, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, 5cm Per Second, and Kowarekake no Orgel.

What do you think?

Midnight2352 2012-05-31 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA (Post 4186104)
Then cross out Hakuouki. The rest is just fine.

kewl....:D

Midnight2352 2012-05-31 21:20

thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deikan (Post 4186108)
Let's see what I have.

Ahem:

Air, Black Rock Shooter, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, 5cm Per Second, and Kowarekake no Orgel.

What do you think?

Hmmm...i think it is great especially Air and 5cm per second.

Theowne 2012-05-31 21:56

Kemono no Souja Erin is a beautiful anime for a ten year old to watch.

MisaoFan 2012-06-01 04:19

I recommend Jewelpet, Mew Mew Power and some shoujo romcoms.

SeijiSensei 2012-06-01 06:27

Here are some other threads on this subject from the past:
http://forums.animesuki.com/tags.php?tag=girls

I second Kemono no Sou-ja Erin though I recommend pre-screening through episode seven before deciding if it's appropriate, preferably with your aunt or uncle as well. I suggest involving her parents in any recommendations you might give her.

I'll also recommend Dennou Coil. All the kids are your cousin's age peers. As it's unlicensed, though, it does raise the issue of whether you want to introduce this young girl to watching illegal material. I'd also consider how her parents would feel about this.

Sackett 2012-06-01 08:49

I recommend Kimi Ni Todoke (aka "Reaching You") most highly for this.

It's a very sweet and innocent romance story told from the girl's perspective. Target audience was teenage girls, but perfect for a precocious tween.

Cross Game would also be a good choice if she's more of a tomboy. Particularly if she likes baseball. This one is an all ages targeted show. The first episode takes place in fifth grade, so be sure to watch at least 3 episodes in the first sitting so she knows it's not a kids show. Episodes are free online (with commercials) at Viz.

If she wants more action with only a little bit of romance and likes sci-fi, Crest of the Stars might be a good choice. The romance tends to be subtext until the third season.

Whisper of the Heart and the Girl Who Leapt Through Time are good anime movies that have romance.

Clannad is probably okay, although After Story (the second season) is a bit of a downer for a ten year old.

Eragon 2012-06-01 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sackett (Post 4186881)

Clannad is probably okay, although After Story (the second season) is a bit of a downer for a ten year old.

Hmm...the other way to look at it is that she will love her dad even more :D:heh:

Guardian Enzo 2012-06-01 11:14

I recommend Gakuen Alice. And to reach into the classics bin, Pita Ten.

TJP1600 2012-06-01 11:40

Toradora, Kaichou wa maid sama, Special-A I think for the most part should be fine. Darn, its hard to think of completely clean anime romances nowadays.

Stealther 2012-06-01 11:47

I'll agree with Kemono no Souja Erin and Kimi ni Todoke. Full Moon wo Sagashite too maybe, but I have doubts about kids today. I think Air and particularly 5 cm aren't suitable for 10 year olds.

Skip Beat! should work too.

SeijiSensei 2012-06-01 12:52

I came back to suggest Cross Game (I've enjoyed rewatching the first half-dozen or so episodes in the past couple of days) and saw Sackett had not surprisingly beaten me to it.

I'd argue against Air as well. For a girl of ten, I'd much rather show her spunky girls as main characters than a weak and sickly girl like Misuzu. Cross Game's Aoba has a mind of her own, to say the least, and a strong commitment to baseball and self-improvement. Other good role models in age-appropriate shows are Erin, Misaki in Angelic Layer, all three main girls in Dennou Coil, and Chizuko in Nijuu Mensou no Musume. Angelic Layer has dubbing; the rest do not. It's also out-of-print and no longer streamed. There are a few remaining copies at Amazon; might be a nice gift for your cousin.

sona-nyl 2012-06-01 13:13

Shows I remember I liked as a 10 year old:

Tokyo Mew Mew
Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch
Fruits Basket
Sugar Sugar Rune

Guardian Enzo 2012-06-01 13:31

You'll (duh) find few bigger Cross Game fans than me, but I honestly don't think a ten year-old would appreciate it - I think it's romanticizing the series to say they would. Honestly, most 10 year-olds would likely find CG boring, in my view. Just $.02 worth.

Midnight2352 2012-06-01 15:20

Thanks A Million!!!

With these suggestions, i can now live my life worry-free. My sis has just gotten to like animes. She and my cousin are very alike so yea. You guys are awesome. Will repay you back by helping you when you need it. Thanks again. :)