AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   K-On! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   K-On! - Character Discussion - Azusa (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=82124)

Klashikari 2009-05-29 06:44

K-On! - Character Discussion - Azusa

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Azusa related.
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3106/azusa.jpg
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all K-On! fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion), there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.
  • Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
  • Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...ons/report.gifClick the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

General_Asakura 2009-05-29 06:48

Man, i just love this new addition to the band. :3

She so cute and there's a high possibility that she will overtake the the spot as my favourite character in this show.

azu-nyaan~!

yezhanquan 2009-05-29 06:57

Cutie gets her thread. Idealistic, but not above enjoying some good cake and tea, she'll go far.

SaintessHeart 2009-05-29 07:00

*phase shifts in*

She is all mine!

*phase shifts out*

I actually think that she is a good addition to the band, since she made Yui behave more like a normal elder sister (other than that "good girl" cuddle which remind me of a certain yuri-ful scene.).

Interestingly, her skinny twin tails remind me of the following girls :

1. Nagi Sanzenin (Hayate No Gotoku)

2. Mana Mizuki (White Album)

3. Mei Sunohara (Clannad)

And strangely, her character throughout the episode seems to be an amalgamation of the abovementioned girls. PLUS, she looks totally loli!

yezhanquan 2009-05-29 07:18

Why is she loli and Ui isn't?

SaintessHeart 2009-05-29 07:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by yezhanquan (Post 2423810)
Why is she loli and Ui isn't?

Ui's mature character totally destroys that loli personality that could be described as

1. Childlike behaviour

2. Childlike understanding

3. Childlike emotional stability

Either them, or maybe because I am biased. :p

Littm 2009-05-29 07:32

Well... Nya!

Kana Futayo 2009-05-29 07:33

What I like from Azunyan is her seriousness... And her twintails.

Klashikari 2009-05-29 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintessHeart (Post 2423814)
Ui's mature character totally destroys that loli personality that could be described as

1. Childlike behaviour

2. Childlike understanding

3. Childlike emotional stability

Either them, or maybe because I am biased. :p

The later I think, because loli, to its strict definition is only based on the looks.
However, Ui is indeed not a "loli", because she is basically not so developped, but correspond actually to her age, while Azusa is quite petite.

There is no "loli personality". You can have loli with serious persona (if Shana didn't have her tantrum and urusai, she would still be considered as a loli).

yezhanquan 2009-05-29 07:43

Azu-nyan is smaller than Ui? I thought they're about the same size?

SaintessHeart 2009-05-29 07:45

No, Azunyan is slightly smaller. In my eyes she looks ridiculously cute, loli and chock full of moe that could make Mio turn to a jealous rage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 2423841)
The later I think, because loli, to its strict definition is only based on the looks.
However, Ui is indeed not a "loli", because she is basically not so developped, but correspond actually to her age, while Azusa is quite petite.

There is no "loli personality". You can have loli with serious persona (if Shana didn't have her tantrum and urusai, she would still be considered as a loli).

I was thinking that Shana's personality was actually MADE to fit Kugi.

Maybe I should add another girl to the list : Kagami Hiiragi. :p

yezhanquan 2009-05-29 07:58

Yes, it makes sense now. Azu-nyan is indeed smaller than Ui.

Kinny Riddle 2009-05-29 08:26

To any seiyuu fans that might be interested, here's the blog for Taketatsu Ayana, the seiyuu for Azu-nyan.

http://ameblo.jp/strawberry-ayana/

yezhanquan 2009-05-29 08:35

I didn't realise it when I first watched the ep, but KyoAni changed Azu-nyan's personality to get a "dramatic" effect.

Spoiler for anime vs. manga:

I understand that the crew have to fill in time for the anime, but couldn't they fill it without sacrificing the funny? Mio's flanderization nearly went out of hand the last time.

Emerald Emblem 2009-05-29 09:36

Azu-Nyan FTW! She is my favorite character now, just edges out Mio.

Grif 2009-05-29 09:58

^ Am i the only one who doesnt get why Mio is so popular?

Anyway, I think Azusa is great. But she still reminds me of kana minami.

Azusa is what would happen if Kana Minami and Mio fused together.

Emerald Emblem 2009-05-29 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grif (Post 2423998)
^ Am i the only one who doesnt get why Mio is so popular?

Anyway, I think Azusa is great. But she still reminds me of kana minami.

Azusa is what would happen if Kana Minami and Mio fused together.

This gif should explain:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...onsiggif-1.gif
The Mio fans are represented by Yui and Mugi.

Wyxor 2009-05-29 10:44

Wtf haha Azu-nyan or w/e is a new character that will be in the new episode soon, is it?!

Grif 2009-05-29 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyxor (Post 2424054)
Wtf haha Azusa is a new character that will be in the new episode soon, is it?!

she appeared in episode 8 and 9 O.o

OceanBlue 2009-05-29 11:37

Yes! Someone who's actually serious about playing music!
\o/