AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Hyouka (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Hyouka - Music discussion (OP/ED & OST, etc.) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=112296)

Kairin 2012-05-16 03:53

Feel free to discuss any music related subjects for Hyouka here (OP/ED & OST, etc.). As the usual rule, NO POSTING LINKS TO MP3s OR ASKING FOR THEM. You may buy them at the usual place such as cdjapan and what not, but DO NOT ask for or post links to any music downloads. This includes, but isn't limited to:
  • any RAR, ZIP, 7-ZIP archive
  • Torrents
  • The names of other BT sites that list music torrents
  • Direct downloads

This also includes links to YouTube videos NOT uploaded by the original artist.

Flower 2012-05-17 14:02

Listening to the OP single release today and it is quite good! :)

Anyone else out there listened to this one?

ronelm2000 2012-05-17 17:26

Seconded.

Well considering it's my first time hearing a song from ChuChou (or whatever it's spelling is), I'm kinda impressed. Then again, all of KyoAni's songs impress me.

rulfo 2012-05-18 00:06

The full OP is really enjoyable to listen to. I really like the way they ended the song.

Anyway any news on the OST(BGM)?

ultimatemegax 2012-05-18 06:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by rulfo (Post 4165238)
The full OP is really enjoyable to listen to. I really like the way they ended the song.

Anyway any news on the OST(BGM)?

The OST will be packaged on CDs with the 11 BD/LE DVD volumes similar to the other Kadokawa/KyoAni works.

ultimatemegax 2012-05-18 08:05

Sorry in advance for the double post, but this contains news and not a reply.

Kadokawa updated their website today with news of the new opening/ending themes. The new OP will be sung by Saori Kodama and will be entitled Mikansei Stride, or "Unfinished Stride." The single will be released on 2012/08/08. Kodama wrote the lyrics to the first OP/ED, and will likely write these as well, but this is her first performance in a while.

The new ED will be sung by "Eru Chitanda" (Satomi Satou) and "Mayaka Ibara" (Ai Kayano) again. It is entitled Kimi ni matsuwaru Mystery or "The Mystery around You." The single will be released on 2012/08/22.

Skane 2012-05-18 08:25

I guess no ED of the guys in their pyjamas then. :heh:

Cheers.

ronelm2000 2012-05-18 11:43

Guys at KyoAni prefer yuri over yaoi. :heh:

So, the next question would now be when will we be hearing of this new OP/ED? Around the 12th episode? Or 9th Episode?

ultimatemegax 2012-05-18 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronelm2000 (Post 4165827)
Guys at KyoAni prefer yuri over yaoi. :heh:

So, the next question would now be when will we be hearing of this new OP/ED? Around the 12th episode? Or 9th Episode?

I would predict it would be around episode 12/13 due to the OVA being included as episode 11.5 as well as the second novel's BD/DVD poster highlights BD/DVD volumes 4-6 (leading to episode 12).

rulfo 2012-05-18 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimatemegax (Post 4165605)
Sorry in advance for the double post, but this contains news and not a reply.

Kadokawa updated their website today with news of the new opening/ending themes. The new OP will be sung by Saori Kodama and will be entitled Mikansei Stride, or "Unfinished Stride." The single will be released on 2012/08/08. Kodama wrote the lyrics to the first OP/ED, and will likely write these as well, but this is her first performance in a while.

The new ED will be sung by "Eru Chitanda" (Satomi Satou) and "Mayaka Ibara" (Ai Kayano) again. It is entitled Kimi ni matsuwaru Mystery or "The Mystery around You." The single will be released on 2012/08/22.

Interesting.

So early in the season and they already announced it. I'm guessing this will be the new song for the next arc.

Arturia Polaris 2012-05-19 02:33

Wait, there's going to be a second OP/ED combo?

I loved Yasashisa no Riyuu and the ED as well... Choucho also sang the OP for Kamisama no memochou, a great OP at that, and her voice... well let her do the singing.

I personally want to hear both Chitanda and Ibara's seijuus do more works :D

Arturia

ronelm2000 2012-05-19 04:26

Both are lovable VAs, so I agree with you there, although people would be quite surprised if ever they found out that Ritsu's VA and Eru's VA are one and the same.

It's just.... mindboggling! :heh:

blakstealth 2012-05-22 14:36

Full ED is out...and it is just LOVELY. JUST FECKIN LOVELY.

ronelm2000 2012-05-22 21:30

I've been listening to quite alot anime songs recently, and only recently have I been able to fully judge anime songs with a critic eye. So here I go...

Hyouka ED Single - Madoromi no Yakusoku
Artists: Satou Satomi & Kayano Ai
1. Madoromi no Yakusoku
A nice catch for any ED song, especially because it's the ending song, is something that doesn't seem to "break out" as if ED was supposed to end at 1:30 (see A Channel's Humming Girl for example) Beautiful mix of guitar, piano, and a bit of percussion here and there, I can listen to this for too long. Plus, the fact that Ritsu's VA is singing this, I still can't comprehend. If it were a normal ED, it wouldn't have that lasting effect that makes it as great as it is. So what derives it from your average ED? It's probably the duet. It's yummy, that's for sure. :heh:

2. Romance wa Mada Hayai
Sounds like a blurred mix of balad... dance song... and marching song What's that called again? XD I think that this song catches a 2001 aura more than that the latest ones I've seen, for some reason. I like it. Not totally great than (1), but again, the duet is yummy to hear, and the mix of instruments still gives it a plus 1 from me. :3

rulfo 2012-05-23 07:16

Man I really love Kayano Ai's work on this.

Kismet-chan 2012-05-31 01:02

Romance wa Mada Hayai really annoys me for some reason... Sounds like bubbly nonsense. :S But the full version of Madoromi no Yakusoku is really relaxing and pretty.

Hiroi Sekai 2012-05-31 02:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kismet-chan (Post 4184906)
Romance wa Mada Hayai really annoys me for some reason... Sounds like bubbly nonsense. :S But the full version of Madoromi no Yakusoku is really relaxing and pretty.

Got to agree, it's not really my cup of ocha. I get this feeling it kind of escaped from the Yuru Yuri soundtrack somewhere and slipped into this B-side or something.

Either way, nobody can deny that the ED itself is fantastic.

trinitem 2012-07-09 13:43

I love the 2nd ending Kimi Ni Matsuwaru Mystery (君にまつわるミステリー)!.

It's just so cute. Chitanda as Holmes, Mayaka as Poirot, Satoshi as Moriarty, and Oreki as Lupin Arsene (III's grandpa). Watching Mayaka and Chitanda driving after the boys was just funny to me for some reason.

There was also a hint of High School DxD ending vibe to it. No, I'm not talking about pole dancing :heh:. Apparently the lyrics from both songs were written by Kodama Saori. I'll have to find more of her work.

Dr. Casey 2012-07-13 18:53

I agree, I actually just came here to post about how much I like the new ending. Visually, this easily has to be towards the top of my list of favorite ending songs. Oreki makes a really cool villain (Though Satoshi scores some points too for the sly, taunting smile he gives as they fly away on their escape balloon), I like Chitanda's and Mayaka's boyish detective outfits, and I love their exaggerated, overdone shock after Oreki and Satoshi slip out from their handcuffs. Just very charming, stylish, and original. The song is nice too, I really like the last 20 seconds or so (Everything from "Kimi wa meeeeeeeeeeeestery").

rulfo 2012-08-06 21:33

Has anyone heard the Track 2 of OST? Is it an original composition?