AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Saiunkoku Monogatari (2nd Series) The Story of Saiunkoku (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=47236)

eggplant 2006-11-20 04:16

Saiunkoku Monogatari Second Series Announced

The second series for Saiunkoku Monogatari has been announced on this site.

The new series will premiere on April 2007, so there will only be a short break between the two series.

I was wondering how they were going to complete everything in 39 episodes, but my question is answered.

Hope the second series is as long as the first.

Zappster 2006-11-20 04:26

Excellent news :)

andromeda0201 2006-11-20 08:21

wow great news! i thought this series would end in a sloppy way but luckily there is a continuation

Sinestra 2006-11-21 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by eggplant (Post 745125)

The new series will premiere on April 2007, so there will only be a short break between the two series.

I was wondering how they were going to complete everything in 39 episodes, but my question is answered.

WOW music to my ears im looking forward to it i still cant get enough of the first season and its not even finished yet. IMO Saiunkoku Monogatari is underrated

White Manju Bun 2006-11-21 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by eggplant (Post 745125)

So glad to here that!! Saiun is soooo good and so underrated. Happy to see that more epis will come out in April!

Radiosity 2006-11-21 15:27

Um... ok, I think I missed something here. 39 episodes? Not 26? The word 'sweet!' springs to mind, as this is one of my absolute favourites this (or any) season has so far offered.

So not only do I have a buttload of episodes still to look forward to, there's a second season announced as well. Christmas seems to have come early this year :D

Yaoi_Pocky 2007-02-17 10:44

More specific info on Saiunkoku Season 2, ganked from Frontier Works

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frontier Works' Saiunkoku DVD Special Site
http://www.fwinc.co.jp/saiun/news/index.htm (refer to the entry on January 26, 2007)

-アニメ「彩雲国物語」第2シリーズ-

<放送枠>
【放送予定】 NHK BS2 毎週土曜 前9:00~9:25
【初回放送予定】 4月7日(土)

<スタッフ&キャスト>
【原作】 雪乃紗衣 
【監督】 宍戸淳   
【シリーズ構成】 丸尾みほ
【出演】 桑島法子(秀麗) 関智一(劉輝) 緑川光(静蘭) ほか
【アニメーション制作】 マッドハウス 【共同制作】 総合ビジョン

So they've given a preliminary air date of April 7, 2007 for Episode 1 of the second season. Like Season 1, it will be aired on NHK BS2, on Saturdays from 9am to 9:25am (Japan time).

The production staff is the same as the first season - except for Series Composition, which is handled by Maruo Miho instead of Yoshida Reiko.

I've linked to Maruo Miho's ANN Encyclopedia entry. She's only done Series Composition for a 1992 - 1993 series called Shounen no Ashibe according to the entry, but she has experience doing screenplay for Ultra Maniac, Peach Girl, Kodocha and, most recently, one episode of Nodame Cantabile. (I mentioned Maruo Miho's screenplay experience because Yoshida Reiko, who did Series Composition for the first season of Saiunkoku, has also done screenplay for several episodes - so I figure that Maruo Miho may also wear two hats for the second season, like her predecessor did.)

tritoch 2007-03-12 23:50

Did Season 2 start already? I think I stumbled upon SM Soushuuhen ep 1

teh_suck 2007-03-12 23:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by tritoch (Post 860894)
Did Season 2 start already? I think I stumbled upon SM Soushuuhen ep 1

NHK is airing summary episodes with no new footage. That's what you found. Season 2 starts April 7.

Ch1kane 2007-04-07 04:19

Raw for season 2 is out! hopefully WeSuck will still be subbing this

usagijen 2007-04-07 06:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch1kane (Post 892798)
Raw for season 2 is out! hopefully WeSuck will still be subbing this

hope so too (coz I'm afraid I can't trust my japanese or chinese knowledge for this show... gonna need quite some help)! only 1 episode they go and they'll be finished subbing the first season :D (though I still have a lot of catching up to do since I'm pretty much just halfway through... >.<''')

(edit: wow... just after I wrote this, We-Suck has already released episode 39! XD hehe...)

Impz 2007-04-07 21:28

Yep, for all who needs the detailed summary for season two, I have continued to pick up the tab and writing entries for each episode as it comes. Hence, if anyone is interested in the entries, just wait for my updates at this space ^_^

Shuurei!!!!! Gosh, and Kourin too, she's my favorite character.

Ch1kane 2007-04-07 23:59

Spoiler:

anyway side track a little i still prefer the old ED for this anime. ^^" and somehow i feel that they didn't really develop much for the 1st episode. so we shall wait and see

Kaoru Chujo 2007-04-08 02:28

As the theme started up, it all came back to me how much I liked the first season. The flower opening was only the first of several times in the new OP animation that tears started to come to my eyes.

I enjoyed the episode, too. Was it my imagination that the animation seemed a bit better than season one? Maybe not a lot happened on the surface, but there were certainly two or three important things going on underneath. And as long as Kuwashima Houko is there, all is well.

Personally, I totally loved the new ED. Teruya Miho's 照屋 実穂 voice is just overwhelming. And she wrote the music and lyrics, too.

Impz 2007-04-08 08:02

As said, Saiunkoku Monogatari Season 2 Episode 1 is out (hell, that's a mouthful to say) in my blog.

I actually find the light hearted pace for the first episode to be a good interlude for the drama heavy last few episodes. it's good especially to see Seiran all drunk and sarcastic!

Kaoru Chujo 2007-04-09 12:14

I've updated the page showing names, pics, and descriptions of the characters and their seiyuus. I think I've included all the significant characters up to now (29 of them).

KingMoo-chan 2007-04-09 12:40

I adore the entire first season, and this one seems to have started promisingly and moved straight into a balance of plot (with Ryuuki's marriage situation and Kurou's plans for Shuurei) and comedy, with the familiar characters of the capital finally returning after all the time spent in Sa Province.

The new OP sequence is also interesting, too, especially as it reveals a couple of characters that make me wonder. The brown-haired girl that appears at the start and end seems likely to be the Rose Princess due to her hair ornament and the way she is compared with Shuurei, and I deduced that the seemingly unknown man who appears next to Son Taifu in the throne room shot is one head of the Emperor's guards. I must ask, though, if anyone knows who the white-haired bishounen that appears in the opening is.

Spoiler:

I also must wonder who the last two characters on the official website are. (http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/saiunkoku/almanach/index.php) Their appearance on that page would suggest they are important to the future plot, although they do not seem to enter the tale until around volume 10.

katyqueen 2007-04-10 21:35

would 2nd season be in subtitle?

I can't wait to see 2nd season :)
Does anyone know when that would be with subtitle?

Nightengale 2007-04-12 08:32

Sorry for the double post. Just watched episode 1 of Season 2. Gold.

It's nice that they're going to finally start developing the layed out foundations of my 2nd favourite Shuurei pairing, second to Sakujun x Shuurei.

Sinta 2007-04-12 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightengale (Post 899978)
Sorry for the double post. Just watched episode 1 of Season 2. Gold.

It's nice that they're going to finally start developing the layed out foundations of my 2nd favourite Shuurei pairing, second to Sakujun x Shuurei.

Damn, Shuurei has quite the little harem going doesn't she...Sakujun x Shuurei is your favorite pairing? Are you insane? Why?