AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Darker Than Black (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Darker Than Black 2nd Season - Episode 04 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=87891)

monir 2009-10-29 01:34

Darker Than Black 2nd Season - Episode 04 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Darker Than Black, Episode 04.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Battler-kun 2009-10-29 12:20

Just watched it.
I will drop this series. Perhaps i am picking it up some time in the future.
But right now i am too disappointed. It feels too different now from S1.
Hei is like a babysitter now.

I have to search for a real grim dark anime.

sirn 2009-10-29 13:56

Spoiler:
:rolleyes:

Zetsuen_no_Myuu 2009-10-29 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battler-kun (Post 2736525)
Just watched it.
I will drop this series. Perhaps i am picking it up some time in the future.
But right now i am too disappointed. It feels too different now from S1.
Hei is like a babysitter now.

I have to search for a real grim dark anime.

Really? It didn't feel any different than from the usual DtB atmosphere and deadpan comedy/light moments. Comedic moments featuring contractors are always fun to watch since it's done usually with a straight face...them being rational and logical beings, after all.

And don't you mean like Leon? ^

Seems like you had set false expectations for yourself because DtB was never a grim dark series, you know. Some would probably argue that S2 may be a bit more dark and edgier with Suou... Oh boy, can't wait until she starts killing.

Kaoru Chujo 2009-10-29 14:02

Personally, I loved this ep, too. And I'm one who thought Phantom wasn't dark enough, lol. Suou is becoming a deeper and deeper character. It's reasonable for some fans of the first show to be upset with the light elements. But the show seems to me to have good balance and great pace, weaving the settings, feelings, and situations well.

I can totally do without another middle-aged gay transvestite barmaid figure of fun, however. Didn't work in Shangri-la. Doesn't work in Kiddy Girl. Doesn't work here. The sunny side of Japanese anti-gay prejudice.

And despite being good overall, the drawing had a few faults: some mid-distance figures were badly proportioned and off-model.

Good summary by sirn. No need for spoiler tags in a single-episode thread, in my opinion.

NOTE: I've updated the characters/seiyuus page with pics and info for the seiyuus of the two main new characters, Lebanon (the okama) and Norio (the young guy)

Zwei 2009-10-29 14:17

Have yet to watch this episode, waiting for the subs.

Suou hates Hei? Not surprising at all, I'm sure her feelings will change sooner or later.

I'm not thinking of a possible love interest by the way, she's just too young (or is she?). :heh:

Lummie 2009-10-29 18:34

Is it true, did Hei really show a bit of the old Li-kun when he talked with that guy who was dressed as woman? LOLOL

lividsama 2009-10-29 18:35

If Hei could drop the alcohol and go for milk instead, I'll start calling him Leon :cool:

Lummie 2009-10-29 18:41

hehe :heh:

V4sH 2009-10-29 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lummie (Post 2737126)

lol july just looks creepy :heh:

serenade_beta 2009-10-29 19:26

Hei... :heh::heh::heh: I swear the staff is doing it on purpose. Definitely making me look at Hei in a "wrong" manner. :heh:
Episode 2: Sexual harassment against Suou
Episode 3: Attempted rape
Episode 4: DV, watches Suou's hips swing back and forth

As expected of Hei-san! Can't win against him when it comes to Contractor ways!

It was an entertaining gag episode. :heh: The episodes before this one was rushing straight forward, killing off random contractors, which kind of surprised me on how laid back this one was. Though if I can get a laugh, I'm satisfied.
The next episode has Norio acting like a fool again, so can still expect some comedy, but why does that grave in the preview smell like Norio...? :heh: Besides, if he really does act like Nika ( :T_T: ), that means he too well...
Noriooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Uwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!

PS: Nothing but perverts in this anime... The lightsaber woman seems to be a lesbian, that golem man is well... like that, their boss looks like Golgo, an Okama, lolicons, Hei the Hobo (chases towards naked girls, pushes down naked girls, etc.), etc.

Hmm? Why is the poll closed?

nnzsz 2009-10-29 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by lividsama (Post 2737113)
If Hei could drop the alcohol and go for milk instead, I'll start calling him Leon :cool:

:heh: lol . I just watched the raw and felt like I was watching Léon.

fict_ticious 2009-10-29 19:33

Watching this episode was kinda like hitting the breaks. Still, it was fun to watch, and I am guessing it's more of a setup for the next 4 episodes.

orion 2009-10-29 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 2737189)

PS: Nothing but perverts in this anime... The lightsaber woman seems to be a lesbian, that golem man is well... like that, their boss looks like Golgo, an Okama, lolicons, Hei the Hobo (chases towards naked girls, pushes down naked girls, etc.), etc.

Kind of makes it fun too watch just like Trapeze. July looked funny and creepy at the same time. :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 2737189)
Hmm? Why is the poll closed?

So all you disgruntled types can't give it bad scores until the subs come out. :heh: :joke:

-----

Suou hates Hei? She's 13 yo. It'll last 13 seconds.

---

Looks like they're in Sapporo Hokkaido after all.

EadTaes 2009-10-29 20:49

Speaking of Suou's age how old is she. Is there an official course release that tell specifically what age she is?

orion 2009-10-29 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by EadTaes (Post 2737360)
Speaking of Suou's age how old is she. Is there an official course release that tell specifically what age she is?

Somewhere in the general thread, it was mentioned that she's 13 yo.

Manji Midou 2009-10-29 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lummie (Post 2737126)
Spoiler for Some funny screens:

hehe :heh:

Reminds me of Yin.... when they first attempted to make her smile in the restaurant.....

Oh Yin, where r thou!? :(

Yu Ominae 2009-10-29 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manji Midou (Post 2737414)

Oh Yin, where r thou!? :(

Some of us DTB fan can mount an operation perhaps? :D

And yeah, Yin. Most of us miss you. And July's getting on people's nerves now... Wonder if he made contact with Yin on that smile? :D

orion 2009-10-29 22:00

I like July. He's not getting on my nerves. More useful than Yin imo.

Shinji103 2009-10-29 22:00

Lol, somehow I knew that they wouldn't clear things up on the Yin line from last episode's epilogue yet. :heh: In fact, I don't think they even mentioned her at all unlike the past two episodes.

Anyways, I liked this episode too. It didn't totally leave the plot behind as the epilogue again shows, but it was nice setup for things to come. As said by others above, it's not surprising that Suou hates Hei (he hasn't exactly been charming), but it should be widely acceptable that that will change. And it's nice to see they didn't leave the humor behind. :)