AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Black ★ Rock Shooter (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=85463)

Falkor 2009-08-22 18:46

Black ★ Rock Shooter

Quote:

The official website for the "Black Rock Shooter" song from the virtual idol singer Hatsune Miku has confirmed that supervisor Yutaka Yamamoto and his Ordet studio are developing an anime project for next spring. A "Pilot Edition" of the anime will ship on DVD or Blu-ray Disc (BD) on September 30. The Pilot Edition will bundle a CD single with a new recording of the song's "live perfomance" version, as well as a booklet with image sketches for the anime.

The song's creator huke and musical composer/producer ryo are collaborating with Ordet on the project. Yamamoto (Kannagi, Lucky Star, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) is supervising the project, although Shinobu Yoshioka (episode director on Lucky Star, Haruhi) is the actual director.
Source: ANN

I was at first very skeptic of this piece of rumors/news, but ANN seems to pretty much confirm it.

Staff : **stolen from kyouray's post**

Director : Shinobu YOSHIOKA (吉岡忍)
Supervisor : Yutaka YAMAMOTO (山本寛)
Character-Designer : Yuusuke MATSUO (松尾祐輔)
Animation production : Ordet

official website.

BanishingBook 2009-08-22 18:51

Cool! is it going to be a singing anime?

kyouray 2009-08-22 18:57

The official website confirmed it but we don't know if it'll be anime or OVA.
By the way that's a great news, Black Rock Shooter's cool :cool:

Staff :

Yamakan and his studio...that's why it looks familiar :D
I like the design and I expect an animation similar to Tetsuwan Birdy Decode.

BanishingBook 2009-08-22 19:17

OVA would be great and all right with me. Okay this is on my list.

Falkor 2009-08-22 19:20

I'm kinda excited about this, though I can't help but wonder what the pilot episode (or the possible anime project) is going to be about. hopefully the staff can come up with good ideas, but having Yamakan and studio Ordet on the project makes it the more exciting.

I also added the same image in kyouray's post to the opening (no, I didn't steal it :P). I will try to add more information as it comes out. oh kyouray, I'll be stealing copy/pasting the staff information to the opening, too. :P

Westlo 2009-08-22 19:27

I was wondering what Yamakan was upto, looking forward to seeing how this turns out, Supercell is win too.

Tyabann 2009-08-22 19:49

This looks really, really awesome.

Gonna be watching out for this.

kirapika 2009-08-22 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon (Post 2598236)
This looks really, really awesome.

Gonna be watching out for this.

Seconded.

It's looks really interesting, imo.

scr 2009-08-22 21:09

The art style reminds me of in-game cutscenes from Persona 3. :heh:
Spoiler for Story too?:

CMSensei 2009-08-22 21:24

I agree it looks awesome! cant wait to see it.

Von Himmel 2009-08-22 21:32

So it's true ! o.o;
I wonder how the story will be done for this anime. . :( aaaand ~ guess I need to hear this song again ~

Rikimtasu 2009-08-22 21:41

This is really awesome.
From a original character for a miku PV to a real anime project,this is a great news for me^^
and:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Choo
Big Boss Aki at GSC already showed the BRS video to some of us at the Tokyo Figure Show and I can tell you the anination quality is truly incredible.

http://www.dannychoo.com/detail/mac/...ter+Anime.html

ZODDGUTS 2009-08-23 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falkor (Post 2598134)
Source: ANN

Staff : **stolen from kyouray's post**

So is Ordet a animation studio now? I thought they were just a freelancer team made of ex kyoani members that work for other animation studios like A-1 in director/character design and so on but not actually animating themselves. Or did they just recently hired animators so their now a animation studio? Yutaka Yamamoto is currently working with A-1 Pictures with two projects Tonari no 801-chan and Angel Beats so could this be Ordet's first project in animating something themselves or will they be working with a animation studio like their previous work?

Bananoha 2009-08-23 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikimtasu (Post 2598380)

It was also shown at Animelo Day 1.

Excuse the video quality for.... obvious reasons.

TJR 2009-08-23 02:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS (Post 2598629)
So is Ordet a animation studio now? I thought they were just a freelancer team made of ex kyoani members that work for other animation studios like A-1 in director/character design and so on but not actually animating themselves. Or did they just recently hired animators so their now a animation studio?

Technically, a company can make the transition to animation production studio by just contracting freelancers and outsourcing work to other companies. For example, HAL Film Maker consisted of only six employees. Ordet has roughly ten, including animation supervisor Satoshi Kadowaki (at this point, we don't know if they're doing the animation at their own office/facility).

It's a matter of having the right contacts, industry clout, and administrative prowess. By definition, the role refers to who coordinates production, regardless of where the work is actually done.

Quote:

Yutaka Yamamoto is currently working with A-1 Pictures with two projects Tonari no 801-chan and Angel Beats so could this be Ordet's first project in animating something themselves or will they be working with a animation studio like their previous work?
A bit OT, but the Angel Beats staff list was fake. They haven't revealed the team yet.

Deus ex Digital Boy 2009-08-23 02:35

I would take one look at who's making this and what it is and scream 'Fuck Yes!' but I don't think it does my excitement justice.

C.A. 2009-08-23 03:09

Great stuff.

But people need to know that Black Rock Shooter(BRS) as a character is not Miku and BRS as a character is not designed for Miku's song.

BRS was an original character designed by digital artist 'huke'. When Vocaloid composer 'ryo' saw BRS, he immediately saw a resemblance between BRS and Miku. So he offered to create a song for huke and BRS using Miku's voice.

BRS is not Miku and BRS the song can be said as a 'theme song' sung by Miku for BRS.

M.Marangio 2009-08-23 03:13

Page on the pilot edition at goodsmile company.

The Chaos 2009-08-23 08:05

This Great News :D
I can't wait to see it !!

kyouray 2009-08-23 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS (Post 2598629)
So is Ordet a animation studio now? I thought they were just a freelancer team made of ex kyoani members that work for other animation studios like A-1 in director/character design and so on but not actually animating themselves. Or did they just recently hired animators so their now a animation studio? Yutaka Yamamoto is currently working with A-1 Pictures with two projects Tonari no 801-chan and Angel Beats so could this be Ordet's first project in animating something themselves or will they be working with a animation studio like their previous work?

Yeah it seems it'll be their first own production but I think it was already an animation studio since their collaboration with A-1 Pictures for Kannagi anime.