AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Most ridiculous thing you've ever heard (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=9095)

Roots 2004-03-10 00:51

Most ridiculous thing you've ever heard

I have a feeling we could have some fun with this thread :D So what is the most ridiculous thing you've ever heard? Share it with the rest of us. I'll get things started:

1) In some state (Tennesee I think?), there is a law that says something like "It is illegal to paint a baby chick blue and sell it, unless you sell in quantities of a half-dozen" :twitch:

2) In 1893, the United States Supreme Court ruled that the tomato is a vegetable. However, botanically it is a fruit. (Good thing to know our justice system can get its priorities straight)

3) In the state of Indiana, the official value of PI is 3.2 (it is really 3.14159.....)

boneyjellyfish 2004-03-10 01:02

Hmm...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roots
I have a feeling we could have some fun with this thread

:D Just kidding!

Hmm... most ridiculous thing...

Well, I suppose this thread is perhaps the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

There's also a line from the Fatal Fury Movie that I liked: "That thing is pure energy, the only thing that can beat it is a stronger and more powerful energy!"

Kamui4356 2004-03-10 01:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roots
3) In the state of Indiana, the official value of PI is 3.2 (it is really 3.14159.....)

I guess that explains why there aren't many renowned mathematicians from Indiana. :)
I heard that it's illegal to teach evolution as "fact" in Kentucky. I guess in some parts of the country, things haven't advanced much from the Scopes "monkey trial" in the 1920's.

Dopeskills 2004-03-10 01:11

Most ridiculous thing I've ever heard?

One time my mom told me to do something productive...

JOJOS'STAR 2004-03-10 01:12

For the *** last time your avatar is inapropriate ^^

Thany 2004-03-10 01:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Hmm...

:D Just kidding!

Hmm... most ridiculous thing...

Well, I suppose this thread is perhaps the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

There's also a line from the Fatal Fury Movie that I liked: "That thing is pure energy, the only thing that can beat it is a stronger and more powerful energy!"

Yeh I agree with you, but there are a lot of stupid threads up there ;)
JOJOS'STAR, I don't think that's ridiculous, it's at the limit of the tolerance...
If you like her expression, just spot on her face :p

Dopeskills 2004-03-10 01:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamui4356
I heard that it's illegal to teach evolution as "fact" in Kentucky. I guess in some parts of the country, things haven't advanced much from the Scopes "monkey trial" in the 1920's.

Well, it is just a theory... :fingers: [Awaits Debate]

Mr. Bushido 2004-03-10 01:30

i forgot which state, i think its Kentucky. It's illegal to serve ice cream on pie.

Dopeskills 2004-03-10 01:34

In the state of New York, you need a license to use a clothesline outdoors

Manville , NJ decreed that it is illegal to feed whiskey or offer cigarettes to animals at the local zoo

In Carrizozo, N.M., it's forbidden for a female to appear unshaven in public (includes legs and face)

In Clawson, Mich., there is a law that makes it LEGAL for a farmer to sleep with his pigs, cows, horses, goats, and chickens

Kamui4356 2004-03-10 01:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dopeskills
Well, it is just a theory... :fingers: [Awaits Debate]

It's only a theory because evolution is too slow a process to observe in larger, longed lived organisms and the fossil record isn't complete enough to be used as 100% solid evidence that evolution occurs in them as well. It's well documented among smaller organisms with a short enough lifespan to easily observe the changes in each generation. If we could find fossils for every stage of evolution for several larger species, like humans, then it would be considered a scientific law. Genetic research on fossils may also provide enough evidence one day to make evolution a law. Until then it's just a theory that's very well documented.
*hopes this does not turn into a debate on evolution. That was in no way my intent.*

Getting on topic:
In bergen county NJ, it's illegal to sell many kinds of products on sunday. Thus most stores in the county are closed sundays.
edit: actually is that really odd? It seems odd to me, but I just realized I don't really know about other parts of the country or other countries.

Slade 2004-03-10 01:53

a direct quote from my egomaniac friend...

"Man... I was so good... the bitch fainted".

I've heard of lot of things in my time but the way he said that along with the face he made when he said it, I can't forget it.

and yet another direct quote from a girl who will remain nameless...

"Ah... nothing like a shaved pus** after a hot shower!"

:twitch: :twitch: :twitch: :twitch: :twitch: :twitch:

yea... quite suprising... quite ridiculous as well considering I didn't really know her well.

You see and hear alot of things in college when you dorm in coed :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamui4356
In bergen county NJ, it's illegal to sell many kinds of products on sunday. Thus most stores in the county are closed sundays.
edit: actually is that really odd? It seems odd to me, but I just realized I don't really know about other parts of the country or other countries.

Bergen Field NJ? Hey... uh... I live.. I mean.. errr... anyway, if I need to head to the mall or something on sunday I goto palisades mall or goto new york. It's a bit annoying but I'm used to it.

Lexander 2004-03-10 02:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dopeskills
Most ridiculous thing I've ever heard?

One time my mom told me to do something productive...

i can relate to this :D

Yep, evolution is not a fact, so they shouldn't teach it as one :P, not nearly as ridiculous as something my friend told me a while ago: in florida unmarried women can be arrested for parachuting on sundays.

SiL Eighty 2004-03-10 02:30

Where I live, it is illegal to have your Christmas lights up after Januarary 11.
Ph34r the Christmas Light PO PO's!

JOJOS'STAR 2004-03-10 02:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thany
JOJOS'STAR, I don't think that's ridiculous, it's at the limit of the tolerance...
If you like her expression, just spot on her face :p

errr.. I wasn't talking about the actual one. :eyebrow:

lol Salde's sig!!! LOL :heh: Your the Man!! until it get cencured :( Fight for your rights dude!! Fight till the end! ^^

raikage 2004-03-10 03:07

In Michigan it's illegal to chain an alligator to a fire hydrant.

In good old California, "No vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 miles per hour. ".

Shii 2004-03-10 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexander
Yep, evolution is not a fact, so they shouldn't teach it as one

Well, it is a fact, so I guess they can.

The silliest things I've ever heard are archived in Christians say the Darndest Things. You really can't get more ridiculous than Christian fundamentalists.

Kerensky18 2004-03-10 08:36

This is the most ridiculus thing I have heard, also the most disturbing (I like twinkies) http://www.funnytummy.com/humor/twinkie-test.html

Mr. Bushido 2004-03-10 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashibaka

The silliest things I've ever heard are archived in Christians say the Darndest Things. You really can't get more ridiculous than Christian fundamentalists.

whoooo the hatred of ashibaka bursts out. Leave it to him to make the biggest flame bait in the world. Looks like he still hasnt learned to accept.

evolution is a fact, but not necessary the theory that we all came from a single cell. animals and even humans are changing today (i heard babies are born with bigger earlobes, and more babies are born with 6 toes?)
but i dont believe we came from monkeys.

anyway on topic:

i told my brother that homogenous milk came from gay cows, and he believed me. he was about 12~14 yrs old.

In my school we cant wear any hats except our school hats because hats like Dr. Seuss can be used for gang signs.

dragonz20 2004-03-10 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashibaka

Religious extremists. Any bullshit that comes out of their mouth would easily be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. If you are one, I fart in your general direction... and you can take these too... :fingers:

edit1:
also, when my brother told me he wanted to chop 12 trees in our backyard because he wanted get himself in shape for army boot camp training. he wanted to do it with an ax (not a chainsaw mind you) and he wanted my help. i gave him this too... :fingers: but in the end i had to help him out... siblings.. tsk tsk tsk...

gravitation 2004-03-10 12:40

Well one of the most ridiculous things i heard, which i "know" isnt true is this:
I have a friend in school who recently transfered from America and before that he was somewhere in Africa...well kinda recently i heard him speaking to his friend about computers and he said that in America they were giving away Windows XP for free in shops...i told him that it was most probably those cheap internet start up things but he wouldnt believe it! (unless they did give them away in america? :heh: ) ^__^
P.S (the kids name is Nyasha by the way...for all those weird ppl out there that would like to know)